Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Re: Mike Woodson Hate 

Post#61 » by QRich3 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:44 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
QRich3 wrote:Not to keep beating on a dead horse, but a little over half the season and we're now the best offense in the NBA (both by the NBA and basketball reference metrics), comfortably above the Mavs, Warriors, Raptors and Hawks who round up the top 5. We score nearly 2 points per 100 possessions more with Mike Woodson than we did when Gentry was running our offense.

mind posting links?

Sure, my bad

List of this year's best offenses according to NBA.com
List of last year's best offenses according to NBA.com

List of this year's best offenses according to basketball-reference.com
List of last year's best offenses according to basketball-reference.com

While I'm not sure of the exact nuances of each one, stat guys and serious analysts always go with the NBA.com numbers rather than the bball-ref ones. Apparently basketball reference calculates the number of possessions in a weird different way and there was even one game where the team that won had a worse ORtg/DRtg than the team that lost.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,261

Post#62 » by nickhx2 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:47 pm

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 47m47 minutes ago
The Clippers have quietly moved past Dallas into the NBA's No. 1 slot in Offensive Efficiency

also, i think this article bears reading.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-a ... mavericks/

"The Dallas Mavericks are currently sporting an offense on pace to smash the all-time league record for scoring efficiency by an almost comical margin. And, weirdly, none of them are surprised at all."
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#63 » by TucsonClip » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:13 pm

This shouldnt really be much of a surprise.

We have one of, if not the best, 5-man units in the league with, or without Crawford.

As of today our starting 5 is the #1 +/- 5-man unit in the entire league, and with Crawford for Redick #18.

http://stats.nba.com/league/lineups/#!/?sort=PLUS_MINUS&dir=1&PerMode=Totals&PaceAdjust=Y

An elite offense last season, we are again this season (outside a few bumpy weeks early in the season). The offense has adjusted from adding new pieces and continuing to work on ball movement.

The problem is, and will continue to be, the bench. This is more of a problem during the regular season, rather than the post season when Doc will plays 8 guys.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
Knicksman780
Lead Assistant
And1: 899

Post#64 » by Knicksman780 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:54 pm

I don't understand all the hate Woody gets, especially as an assistant. He's a very good coach and an even better person. He's very vocal in practices and during games, which relieves Doc from a lot of stress. He's helped a lot more than he's hurt. That is all.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers