ImageImageImageImageImage

Clippers getting a new logo next year?

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Borrowing Another Brand Identity 

Post#221 » by Ranma » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:04 pm

BlzMwt wrote:can we just keep this uniforms with a red version, blue version and a white?

love the font, and style, font looks like it could become iconic over time

The problem is every NBA team will have their version of the Christmas uniform with the same font and style. It was not designed by Zucker and her 3rd-rate freelance team. It was created by the NBA and would be another case of our brand identity being outsourced and borrowed elsewhere even if the results are much better.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Re: Clippers getting a new logo next year? 

Post#222 » by playaloc916 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:11 am

That would have been an ideal mini-reboot of our previous jersey. Instead we got a subpar overhaul, looking like the NBA Live logo.
I can't believe how badly Zucker dropped the ball on the redesign. I mean how hard is it to review a couple of ideas and maybe have some sort of public focus group? It's pretty much the concensus that the redesign was a failure.

Embarrassing that they actually paid money for that redesign, when there were random people uploading excellent concepts and designs on the Internet. I believe the poster Funkatron also posted some solid designs.... Smh at Zucker.
Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#223 » by Akklaim1 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:39 am

There's gonna be a huge petition from fans to keep that Christmas uniform to be the main road uni,
BlzMwt
Rookie
And1: 1,011

Re: Borrowing Another Brand Identity 

Post#224 » by BlzMwt » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:13 pm

Ranma wrote:
BlzMwt wrote:can we just keep this uniforms with a red version, blue version and a white?

love the font, and style, font looks like it could become iconic over time

The problem is every NBA team will have their version of the Christmas uniform with the same font and style. It was not designed by Zucker and her 3rd-rate freelance team. It was created by the NBA and would be another case of our brand identity being outsourced and borrowed elsewhere even if the results are much better.

surprisingly though, the NBA's jerseys for christmas have typically been awful IMO, with variations of sleeves and whatnot

maybe when nike comes in to make jerseys, we'll get a redesign
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#225 » by Neddy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:38 pm

BlzMwt wrote:maybe when nike comes in to make jerseys, we'll get a redesign

what's wrong with Adolf Dassler' stuff?
ehhhhh f it.
BlzMwt
Rookie

Post#226 » by BlzMwt » Sun Nov 1, 2015 4:05 am

Neddy wrote:

had to google that name lol, interesting enough, Dassler who is the creator of adidas has a brother who is the creator of PUMA

but anyways, i don't like the recent christmas day jerseys (last years looked like basic pajamas) and their all star jerseys are even worse. I don't know if it is a direct adidas thing to have sleeved jerseys but i dont care for those at all. But actually, at the sake of being a homer, the clippers nautical jerseys are decent sleeved jerseys lol
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#227 » by Neddy » Sun Nov 1, 2015 7:22 pm

BlzMwt wrote:
Neddy wrote:

had to google that name lol, interesting enough, Dassler who is the creator of adidas has a brother who is the creator of PUMA

but anyways, i don't like the recent christmas day jerseys (last years looked like basic pajamas) and their all star jerseys are even worse. I don't know if it is a direct adidas thing to have sleeved jerseys but i dont care for those at all. But actually, at the sake of being a homer, the clippers nautical jerseys are decent sleeved jerseys lol

Rudolph's company has become more about fashion than sports, but little bro Adolph was the first one ever in history of modern sports to sponsor a black american athlete. his name was Jessie Owens. for that alone, I don't mind some questionable fashion style they come up with as long as they are functionally sound. although I do own 80's all white Adidas high tops which were never worn on black top and they suck terribly compared to its contemporary Jordans or Airforce Ones.

hey but appreciate you for looking up those names. I hate it when I still hear people believing ADIDAS stands for "all day I dreamed about sports" no it doesn't, Adolph's childhood name was "Adi" and simply he added first three letters of his last name "DAS" thus the name adidas was born. Adolph got his brand name out there when he practically begged Jesse Owens to wear his spikes and other track and field shoes, and Jesse didn't disappoint when he delivered 4 golds for USA.

thought I make a small back ground story known for those who may not look it up.
ehhhhh f it.
BlzMwt
Rookie

Post#228 » by BlzMwt » Sun Nov 1, 2015 10:42 pm

Neddy wrote:
thought I make a small back ground story known for those who may not look it up.

respect for that, thank you for enlightening because i actually had no idea

I'm not disregarding the historical prominence adidas has had or even their current market size, just haven't been thrilled with the designs of their jerseys. Their current fashion actually isn't half bad considering they are a sports apparel company.
Ranma
RealGM

Looks Like We're Getting a Mascot 

Post#229 » by Ranma » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:44 am

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,742

Post#230 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:26 pm

Dynamix wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:I got excited when I saw the thread title, then realized it was from BEFORE the new logo was unveiled...

Ha ha, this happens to me pretty much every time someone bumps this thread.

By now, I've given up hope...
Ranma
RealGM

I'd Figure Microsoft Would Be Our Sponsor Given Ownership 

Post#231 » by Ranma » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:31 pm

ESPN Staff, ESPN.com (4/20/16)
With the NBA announcing last week that its board of governors has approved the use of corporate logos on player jerseys starting in 2017-18, we wanted to see how it would look if teams went all-in and merged with major companies in their backyard. Why stop at patches in a 2.5-by-2.5-inch space, as the NBA is considering, when you can take it further? With the help of artist Robb Harskamp, here's a look at how NBA jerseys could appear in the future:

What If NBA Jerseys Had Full-Scale Ads? Here's an Illustrated Look
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,885

Post#232 » by Sofia » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:02 am

God I hate those "this is what's happening, but we went one step further! LOLZ" type articles.

"Here's a player with 2 arms, but uh oh! we Photoshopped a 3rd! We're so wacky!"
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#233 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:25 pm

^
LOL
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Ranma
RealGM

Even Dysfunctional Kings Better at Logo Redesign and Rebranding Than Clips 

Post#234 » by Ranma » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:03 pm

Read on Twitter
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,290

Post#235 » by nickhx2 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:23 pm

yeah i like that. i don't like the very first one but the rest are good
Ranma
RealGM

Kings' New Threads 

Post#236 » by Ranma » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:12 am

Read on Twitter
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#237 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:53 am

Is there a single NBA uniform that is timeless like the Dodgers, Raiders, Steelers......INDIANA HOOSIERS etc. etc.????

Kinda depresses me knowing no matter how good the logo is, you're gonna have to switch it up sooner or later.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
MrHill
Freshman
And1: 60

Post#238 » by MrHill » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:58 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Is there a single NBA uniform that is timeless like the Dodgers, Raiders, Steelers......INDIANA HOOSIERS etc. etc.????

Kinda depresses me knowing no matter how good the logo is, you're gonna have to switch it up sooner or later.

The Celtics...with slight modifications over the years, they've had the same uniform set since 1946. The Lakers have had the same uniform layout since '67, but they're modified the uniforms off and on over time, but once again they've had the same look for nearly 50 years. The only other teams I can think of that have that "classic/timeless" look are the Bulls and Spurs...both have had the same look since the 80s.

The Clippers, all until this current abomination that our players are wearing, always had really nice uniforms even going back to the Buffalo days (those Columbia blue mid-70s unis and the 2000-11 set are my all-time franchise uniforms)
Ranma
RealGM

Where's the Clippers' Microsoft Patch Already? 

Post#239 » by Ranma » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:01 am

I'm taking the opportunity to bump this thread to give us a look back at all the logo and uniform designs that are so much better than our current lame set. In any case, why hasn't Ballmer already signed the deal with Microsoft to put its logo on our uniform? Is our uniform so ugly that not even Ballmer's old company wants to be associated with it?

By the way, I'm opposed to adding corporate advertisement on NBA uniforms.

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Too Bad No Designs for Clippers 

Post#240 » by Ranma » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:49 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Clippers