QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Re: Griffin out through ASB with Staph Infection 

Post#41 » by QRich3 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:30 pm

Clemenza wrote:
QRich3 wrote:
og15 wrote:Check out the time on the ball tracking, Paul is just like every other guard in the league the past two seasons.

Yeah, also, Paul having the ball all that time (among a few other things) results in a top offense year after year, and turns unskilled players like DJ or Barnes into great offensive tools. None of those guys can do that. Not Curry, not Westbrook, not Lillard, not Conley and not Wall or Parker. Paul having the ball a lot is not even close to being a problem, it's more like one of the solutions.

Not necessarily. When CP3 is out Blake's game flourishes and he actually looks like a MVP candidate. The ball is moving around more, there's more fast breaks which are the easy buckets we need, and Blake, who has good handles, is creating and facilitating as well. Can't front I'm a Blake guy.. I'm a little biased and imo his game is better with out a ball dominate point guard.

Well I don't think you should have to be a Blake guy or a Paul guy, they're both REALLY important to what we do, and even though in seasons prior Paul was clearly more important to our offense than Blake, I don't think it's the case anymore, they're both similarly essential to us. But we had top 5 offenses both years before Doc got here, and Blake wasn't even close to the player he is now.

I'm not saying Blake can't lead a top offense, I'm saying Paul already proved he can, several times. He's the best game-manager of his generation (maybe of all time?), and as much as I love it when we run our offense through Blake, I don't think you have to play down Paul to highlight it. You're telling it like Paul overdribbling is detrimental to us. It's not, him making decisions and calling plays is one of our main strengths.

EDIT- just checked, and in those 18 games Paul missed last year, we played at a very similar pace we are playing right now (about 96 possessions a game), and a bit slower than we did the rest of last year (98). We did have one of the very best offenses in the league still, very similar to this year's offense (about 110 points per 100 possessions). So yeah, while we're really good playing through Blake, we're not significantly better than when Paul is dominating the ball. We've played very few minutes where only one of Paul and Blake was on the court this year, so I can't find any reliable info on those line ups. But I still doubt we're any better with Blake and without Paul like you suggest.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,045

Post#42 » by og15 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:58 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote: OG being a dental school student

???

He is correct, lol, saving the world one tooth at a time ;)
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#43 » by Neddy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:40 am

og15 wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote: OG being a dental school student

???

I thought you were attending NYU? is it Columbia or out of the city of NY?

if you are at NYU, say hello to your dean doctor Bertolami. tell him he probably doesn't remember me anymore but i was there for his ceremony at his house on top of the twin peaks with a panoramic view, while he was the dean of UCSF now nearly two decades ago. I still remember when i asked him about for how high UCSF was ranked, the facility was pretty "public school" run down... and he told me "it is about the brand of UCSF, not about the equipments" lol and he was right.

PS - we used to call him mr. burns from the simpsons. he would slightly slouch over and say "excellent" a lot in his speeches back in the day, lol
ehhhhh f it.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#44 » by og15 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:48 am

Neddy wrote:
og15 wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:???

if you are at NYU, say hello to your dean doctor Bertolami. tell him he probably doesn't remember me anymore but i was there for his ceremony at his house on top of the twin peaks with a panoramic view, while he was the dean of UCSF now nearly two decades ago. I still remember when i asked him about for how high UCSF was ranked, the facility was pretty "public school" run down... and he told me "it is about the brand of UCSF, not about the equipments" lol and he was right.

PS - we used to call him mr. burns from the simpsons. he would slightly slouch over and say "excellent" a lot in his speeches back in the day, lol

By "he" I meant you. Yes, you were right, sorry, my quoting made that unclear
Neddy
RealGM

Post#45 » by Neddy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:53 am

og15 wrote:
Neddy wrote:
og15 wrote:He is correct, lol, saving the world one tooth at a time ;)

By "he" I meant you. Yes, you were right, sorry, my quoting made that unclear

no you made it clear other than me overthinking why you deleted the NYU part from my previous post. no biggie.

pretty cool to have quake finish his law school this year and you are probably right around the corner too. cheers for everyone.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#46 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:03 pm

I've said my pops is a UCSF Dental School a few times on here.
how the hell did OG not once raise his hand and say something?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Post#47 » by Dynamix » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:25 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/blakegriffin32/status/565223575590678528[/tweet]

Get some rest and come back stronger than ever!
Neddy
RealGM

Post#48 » by Neddy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:30 am

Quake Griffin wrote:I've said my pops is a UCSF Dental School a few times on here.

meh, he is an east coast guy, that's all. I responded immediately because that puts your pops and I connected, which made you and I connected. UCSF to NYU is a few thousand miles away from each other only tied by as I mentioned before, the dean Dr. B.

not speaking for him one bit, but it's okay to be not as engaging socially. he seems to be a very private person who keeps his web persona and real life persona separately. loud mouths like you and I tell the whole world about ourselves, lol I think even KyleM and Matt talks time to time to my wife on Facebook too, haha. I got no shame :noway:
ehhhhh f it.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#49 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:36 am

Blake Griffin said that his doctors gave him good news on his elbow, and he will have his stitches removed next week.

There is still no firm timetable for his return, but this is definitely a good sign for his status moving forward. Griffin's owners should sit tight and wait for further updates, as he should be able to pick up where he left off when he's cleared to return. Spencer Hawes has been wildly inconsistent since taking over Griffin's starting spot, but he's still worth a look in most leagues in case he turns things around.

Feb 18 - 1:51 PM
Source: Dan Woike on Twitter
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#50 » by mkwest » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:24 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY4SXSf7p6M[/youtube]
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#51 » by mkwest » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:32 am

Stitches are out.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/570047821987995648[/tweet]
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#52 » by QRich3 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:31 am

I'm just hoping he can come back in the 2nd week of March when we have to play in Oakland, OKC and Dallas, cause right after that the schedule softens quite a bit and we can take things a lot easier.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#53 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Mar 1, 2015 4:03 pm

today makes 3 weeks.

I want my Griffin back.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#54 » by Forte IV » Tue Mar 3, 2015 12:00 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/572543930430046208[/tweet]
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#55 » by og15 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 5:14 am

Quake Griffin wrote:I've said my pops is a UCSF Dental School a few times on here.

I'm not actually sure I ever noticed you mentioning that lol

Neddy wrote:

meh, he is an east coast guy, that's all. I responded immediately because that puts your pops and I connected, which made you and I connected. UCSF to NYU is a few thousand miles away from each other only tied by as I mentioned before, the dean Dr. B.

not speaking for him one bit, but it's okay to be not as engaging socially. he seems to be a very private person who keeps his web persona and real life persona separately. loud mouths like you and I tell the whole world about ourselves, lol I think even KyleM and Matt talks time to time to my wife on Facebook too, haha. I got no shame :noway:
Neddy is also generally right here :lol:

Return to Los Angeles Clippers