ImageImageImageImageImage

Griffin Out for the Playoffs

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Re: RE: Re: Griffin Out for the Playoffs 

Post#41 » by mttwlsn16 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:07 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:I violated my own advice and read the general board. Man some people are disgusting human beings. Celebrating injuries of other players is despicable. I thoroughly disliked Kobe, but I never gloated over his injuries.

If Kobe shredded all ligaments in both knees I wouldn't have cared at all. He's a piece of **** as a human. Colby Bean Rapist should never be celebrated no matter how talented he was.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,382

Re: RE: Re: Griffin Out for the Playoffs 

Post#42 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:26 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:I violated my own advice and read the general board. Man some people are disgusting human beings. Celebrating injuries of other players is despicable. I thoroughly disliked Kobe, but I never gloated over his injuries.

If Kobe shredded all ligaments in both knees I wouldn't have cared at all. He's a piece of **** as a human. Colby Bean Rapist should never be celebrated no matter how talented he was.

You have the right to feel however you want but I think it is just wrong to be happy about injuries no matter who it is
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 724

Re: Griffin Out for the Playoffs 

Post#43 » by Captain Ballmer » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:07 am

I'm not sold on that we should dump Blake Grififn discussions. He's still one of top 5 most skilled bigs in the game. Injuries took half of his peak to the wasteland and he'll probably decline in massive way 3/4 years later at 31/32 year old. But, i'm still positive that doc and his oldschool jump shooting, high frequency one-on-one based offense wasting Blake's potential more than injuries.

During the Lob City time, we are one of the fastest team when we grab rebounds and finding good plays in transition. Than Doc and his slow ass, athleticly challenged platoons subrogated the most marvellous team we ever had... Redick, Dudley, Glen Davis, Hedo, Collison, Jamison, Mullens, Hawes, Pierce, Bass etc. And also the ones who can play good in transition games are immediately dissolved from the team like Lance and Josh Smith. Doc even tried to send DJ for 36 years old KG whom is far from a star player at that time. Only guys who sticks with enough atletism is Austin, Luc and Wesley which are only better 6th, 7th and 13th man in rotations.

This whole change of sceneary is inevitable to affect both Blake and CP3's game. People are bashing them because they are not aggressive enough! why is that? The answer is Doc Rivers. He's tried to implement his old Boston team in the wrong decade and steal our team's 4 years. Doc Rivers must be gone in the day we eliminated form playoffs.

As for Blake, I'm still believing Blake can be part oh a good future as long as with a headcoach setting his game accordingly his strengths. He isn't an offensive player to score 25 ppg, He's stats should be like 17 ppg 10 reb 7 ast. He must in constant movement trying to find angles, help from screens, involve in the paint more instead of steering near the elbow. Our guys are as effective as they playing aggressive, and they are much more dangerous playing aggressive than other teams when comparing them, it was our strength once, so long live up-tempo style for our players to succeed again.

Staggering Blake and DJ should be a priority, therefore those 2 should be on the floor together only for limited time. A coach who approaches our bigs game in this way is the only logical way we should keep them together. We must find that coach first. If CP3 isn't on board with that, he is the one who must go.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Griffin Out for the Playoffs 

Post#44 » by mttwlsn16 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:13 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:

You have the right to feel however you want but I think it is just wrong to be happy about injuries no matter who it is

Right. How dare me not care if a rapists knee gets shredded. My bad.

**** outta here. Kobe should be minus a limb...one limb in particular.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Griffin Out for the Playoffs 

Post#45 » by Neddy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:19 pm

mttwlsn16 wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:If Kobe shredded all ligaments in both knees I wouldn't have cared at all. He's a piece of **** as a human. Colby Bean Rapist should never be celebrated no matter how talented he was.

Right. How dare me not care if a rapists knee gets shredded. My bad.

**** outta here. Kobe should be minus a limb...one limb in particular.

:rofl:

you mean, the limp limb?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#46 » by Neddy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:29 pm

DieHardFan wrote:I'm not sold on that we should dump Blake Grififn discussions. He's still one of top 5 most skilled bigs in the game. Injuries took half of his peak to the wasteland and he'll probably decline in massive way 3/4 years later at 31/32 year old. But, i'm still positive that doc and his oldschool jump shooting, high frequency one-on-one based offense wasting Blake's potential more than injuries.

During the Lob City time, we are one of the fastest team when we grab rebounds and finding good plays in transition. Than Doc and his slow ass, athleticly challenged platoons subrogated the most marvellous team we ever had... Redick, Dudley, Glen Davis, Hedo, Collison, Jamison, Mullens, Hawes, Pierce, Bass etc. And also the ones who can play good in transition games are immediately dissolved from the team like Lance and Josh Smith. Doc even tried to send DJ for 36 years old KG whom is far from a star player at that time. Only guys who sticks with enough atletism is Austin, Luc and Wesley which are only better 6th, 7th and 13th man in rotations.

This whole change of sceneary is inevitable to affect both Blake and CP3's game. People are bashing them because they are not aggressive enough! why is that? The answer is Doc Rivers. He's tried to implement his old Boston team in the wrong decade and steal our team's 4 years. Doc Rivers must be gone in the day we eliminated form playoffs.

As for Blake, I'm still believing Blake can be part oh a good future as long as with a headcoach setting his game accordingly his strengths. He isn't an offensive player to score 25 ppg, He's stats should be like 17 ppg 10 reb 7 ast. He must in constant movement trying to find angles, help from screens, involve in the paint more instead of steering near the elbow. Our guys are as effective as they playing aggressive, and they are much more dangerous playing aggressive than other teams when comparing them, it was our strength once, so long live up-tempo style for our players to succeed again.

Staggering Blake and DJ should be a priority, therefore those 2 should be on the floor together only for limited time. A coach who approaches our bigs game in this way is the only logical way we should keep them together. We must find that coach first. If CP3 isn't on board with that, he is the one who must go.

you would choose Blake over CP?

i know chris is turning 32 in a few weeks but with the piling injuries to an athletic big man, I am not sure he will have any longer prime than what Chris has. as he gets older and might lose some foot speed, but his body will still allow to play the game he has. Blake without the athleticism is just a mid range jump shooter with a big body but too short of arms to be an effective low post player. I don't see him as the player in his rookie year who gained his jumpber, but I see him as a player who lost of explosiveness and had to gain his jumper to survive in the NBA. him getting hurt again in the first round of playoffs is now becoming a running joke. Chris is still playing, he is the one who is more competitive and wants it more, and demands more out of his teammates. I want that kind of a leadership. I used to think that this team's success solely rides on Blake's ascension, but I think Griffin's wings have been clipped for some time, and now his wheels are falling off too.

knowing we are capped out, our best choice to have both of them back, ,of course. but if there is one to go and we can only keep one of the two, I think my answer is clear. it's not like we are gonna have the financial flexibility or draft picks to build around Blake. even if the end of the road is near and no matter how tumultuous the path might seem, we are not gonna get anywhere without the captain.
ehhhhh f it.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Plan for Success Not Risk Failure 

Post#47 » by TheNewEra » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:35 pm

Ranma wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:We won't know the full potential of a new staff and evaluation of new prospect scouting until we try and shake things up. We have seen this primary core for 5+years it's not going to change anytime soon we went from the Lakers empire into the Warriors.

People are hesistant to put this old dog team down when it's brittle and has limited upside of getting better. Doc would need to be gone from LA in all roles and use whatever remaining pieces and options to regain the mess Doc has made with picks.

So your solution is to blow things up without hiring experts to lead us in place first? That makes no sense when we would be better off just getting rid of Doc. Like nickhx2 said, we're better off re-signing our players in that they would have more value as trade assets instead of holding a fire sale trying to move players as if they were clearance items.

The draft is a crapshoot and even this year's class, while top heavy, doesn't have a generational talent in it. I'm inclined to take the more measured and thought-out approach instead of the reactionary one where we just blow it all up and hope for the best.

Of course you have to resign them if they chose to stay in order to make moves. How in the world did you get me keeping Doc around from the post we clean house in the front office medical team everyone.

Being complacent isn't being thoughtful when you get the same redundant results it's being lazy.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Keyword 

Post#48 » by Ranma » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:16 am

TheNewEra wrote:
Ranma wrote:So your solution is to blow things up without hiring experts to lead us in place first? That makes no sense when we would be better off just getting rid of Doc. Like nickhx2 said, we're better off re-signing our players in that they would have more value as trade assets instead of holding a fire sale trying to move players as if they were clearance items.

The draft is a crapshoot and even this year's class, while top heavy, doesn't have a generational talent in it. I'm inclined to take the more measured and thought-out approach instead of the reactionary one where we just blow it all up and hope for the best.

How in the world did you get me keeping Doc around from the post we clean house in the front office medical team everyone.

The argument is not in favor of keeping Doc. It is that we'd be better off by doing relatively less than more by getting rid of Doc only instead of blindly blowing everything up including getting rid of Doc.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 724

Post#49 » by Captain Ballmer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:06 am

Neddy wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:I'm not sold on that we should dump Blake Grififn discussions. He's still one of top 5 most skilled bigs in the game. Injuries took half of his peak to the wasteland and he'll probably decline in massive way 3/4 years later at 31/32 year old. But, i'm still positive that doc and his oldschool jump shooting, high frequency one-on-one based offense wasting Blake's potential more than injuries.

you would choose Blake over CP?

i know chris is turning 32 in a few weeks but with the piling injuries to an athletic big man, I am not sure he will have any longer prime than what Chris has. as he gets older and might lose some foot speed, but his body will still allow to play the game he has. Blake without the athleticism is just a mid range jump shooter with a big body but too short of arms to be an effective low post player. I don't see him as the player in his rookie year who gained his jumpber, but I see him as a player who lost of explosiveness and had to gain his jumper to survive in the NBA. him getting hurt again in the first round of playoffs is now becoming a running joke. Chris is still playing, he is the one who is more competitive and wants it more, and demands more out of his teammates. I want that kind of a leadership. I used to think that this team's success solely rides on Blake's ascension, but I think Griffin's wings have been clipped for some time, and now his wheels are falling off too.

knowing we are capped out, our best choice to have both of them back, ,of course. but if there is one to go and we can only keep one of the two, I think my answer is clear. it's not like we are gonna have the financial flexibility or draft picks to build around Blake. even if the end of the road is near and no matter how tumultuous the path might seem, we are not gonna get anywhere without the captain.

I'm not choosing anyone over anyone. Both CP3 and BG should be on the team basketball wise. But i will only be ok to let go CP3 IF he's still obsessed with doc rivers on the realm. As long as your team coached by a moron you aren't going to win a thing no matter how talented and impactful you are. Just like tonight.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,691

Post#50 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:41 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:Clippers could follow the path of the 2012-13 Louisville Cardinals men's basketball team. In the regional finals, Kevin Ware suffered a compound fracture, one that would have crushed the Cardinals mentally and give away the game to Duke. Rather than checking out, they checked in, playing every second of the way for their fallen guard. Their love for him was monumental enough to catapult them into the NCAA Finals, eventually winning the championship. Clips could be just like the Cardinals.

For some strange reason, the Clippers seem to operate fully well under these kinds of circumstances. You only need to look no further than how they arose beyond the Donald Sterling scandal.

Yeah, if only the NBA playoffs were single elimination like the NCAA Tournament...
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,078

Blake Griffin: A Eulogy by Adrian Wojnarowski 

Post#51 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:18 pm

Read on Twitter
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#52 » by QRich3 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:00 am

Typical Woj, one day he gets Doc good press by saying how unlikely he is to be canned, the next day he coincidentally gets "league sources close to the Clippers management" for his new article, in which he extends a helping hand so Blake has some more pressure to re-sign. Doc's been trying very hard to get on the press' good side for the last couple of years, not sure how that's gonna work out in the end, since he's not too well liked around the league for the most part.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers