RealGM
And1: 4,640

Damn. Austin Came at Big Baby's Neck 

Post#1 » by Quake Griffin » Wed May 31, 2017 5:13 pm

Don't Talk About My Daddy, Bitch!

[youtube]
[/youtube]
:o :o :o :o

Note: He didn't say the top part. It isn't in quotes. Just my translation/ spin/ funny way of looking at it.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,160

Re: Damn. Austin Came at Big Baby's Neck 

Post#2 » by og15 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:32 pm

Part of Davis' comments are because he was mad about how his injuries were handled, and he at least feels that the injury situation cost him a future contract, whether that is true or not. I don't think with how the league was going, his skillset was as sought after anymore since teams wanted more 3PT shooting and mobility to guard the perimeter from the PF spot which he didn't fit, and he's quite an undersized C in both height and length.

Anger and bitterness can make people say things that might not fully mean or might not say otherwise. Austin's response is interesting in that Davis was praising Doc when he was with him, but now in another situation is showing a different face.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#3 » by mkwest » Thu Jun 1, 2017 2:30 am

NSFW

Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#4 » by Akklaim1 » Thu Jun 1, 2017 8:00 pm

Wait a minute, why does Baby sound hood in that rant video but he talks like a preppy teenage boy who grew up in the suburbs when he's on Undisputed?
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,227

Post#5 » by Tracymcgoaty » Thu Jun 1, 2017 8:43 pm

This guy is about as fake as you can get. You cant act all tough when we have seen you act like a little bitch on a number of occasions.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#6 » by Dupp » Fri Jun 2, 2017 10:18 pm

og15 wrote:Part of Davis' comments are because he was mad about how his injuries were handled

I think Dudley had these same complaints about Doc to iirc? He just seems to do so many things wrong.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#7 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jun 3, 2017 10:53 am

og15 wrote:Part of Davis' comments are because he was mad about how his injuries were handled, and he at least feels that the injury situation cost him a future contract, whether that is true or not. I don't think with how the league was going, his skillset was as sought after anymore since teams wanted more 3PT shooting and mobility to guard the perimeter from the PF spot which he didn't fit, and he's quite an undersized C in both height and length.

Anger and bitterness can make people say things that might not fully mean or might not say otherwise. Austin's response is interesting in that Davis was praising Doc when he was with him, but now in another situation is showing a different face.

He's perfectly within his [logical] right to be upset with Doc. When I first saw him take a run at the team, I understood it.

But he really took Doc's kindness (silence) for weakness and continued to pile on over and over and over again every time FS1 put a mic in front of him.

To me, it has turned from legitimate grievance to a guy sounding like he blames Doc for the end of his career. As far as I know, his broken ankle wasn't career ending. Get in shape. Make another team.

Much more of a fan of how Dudley has handled his similar situation.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#8 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jun 3, 2017 10:59 am

mkwest wrote:NSFW

"Yeah I mighta been overweight a little bit". Check for Austin.
"Prolly late for one or two practices". Check for Austin.

But not knowing the plays is the one thing he's lying about?

og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Re: RE: Re: Damn. Austin Came at Big Baby's Neck 

Post#9 » by og15 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 3:52 pm

Akklaim1 wrote:Wait a minute, why does Baby sound hood in that rant video but he talks like a preppy teenage boy who grew up in the suburbs when he's on Undisputed?

It's just what we call "code switching". People do it all the time. Changing the way they talk and the mannerisms used based on the situation and the audience.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Re: RE: Re: Damn. Austin Came at Big Baby's Neck 

Post#10 » by og15 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 3:58 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
og15 wrote:Part of Davis' comments are because he was mad about how his injuries were handled, and he at least feels that the injury situation cost him a future contract, whether that is true or not. I don't think with how the league was going, his skillset was as sought after anymore since teams wanted more 3PT shooting and mobility to guard the perimeter from the PF spot which he didn't fit, and he's quite an undersized C in both height and length.

He's perfectly within his [logical] right to be upset with Doc. When I first saw him take a run at the team, I understood it.

But he really took Doc's kindness (silence) for weakness and continued to pile on over and over and over again every time FS1 put a mic in front of him.

To me, it has turned from legitimate grievance to a guy sounding like he blames Doc for the end of his career. As far as I know, his broken ankle wasn't career ending. Get in shape. Make another team.

Much more of a fan of how Dudley has handled his similar situation.

Agreed that he's taken it too far and is just bashing the Clippers at every opportunity, and he doesn't want to take responsibility for why he's out of the league. The injury didn't let him get a contract in summer of 15-16, but what about the rest of 15-16 after he got healthy, what about last season, what was the reason there? Haven't heard of him on any summer league teams or doing any workouts or in the D-league, nothing, so it doesn't seem like he's even trying. Seems like he's settle into retirement.

Austin talks about it again at 8:35

https://youtu.be/RWZeMUho9q4

Interesting that Austin basically says something similar to what I had said about Davis just being mad at Doc, but added some other basketball reasons to it

Return to Los Angeles Clippers