ImageImageImageImageImage

Community Thread

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Community Thread 

Post#741 » by Neddy » Sun Jul 6, 2014 7:36 am

Don Tommy wrote:Neddy, I haven't been in this thread in a very long time. Whatever happened to your employee and the skater kids / upstanding church going kids?

i have had a talk with the reverend, and everything has been taken care of.

just a small town thing where some of the kids were just not in much experience with American born minorities.

funny thing is, that particular pastor is a SF giant fan, and you know damn well that I am a dodger fan, so we have been antagonizing each other for several years now, mostly with him getting the upper hand. that reverend also owns and operates a gardening business which does the work for my office, and the years the giants won the world series, he would groom the trees in a way where i had a direct view of his church's windows that sported the giants world series towels or flags. we need to win the world series so i can sport a customized flag pole that is 30 foot by 20 foot which i am planning to install once we win it all.
ehhhhh f it.
Don Tommy
Senior
And1: 283

Post#742 » by Don Tommy » Sun Jul 6, 2014 9:02 am

I have room in my loft for a matching banner... smaller but matching! Eventually once I get working on it my loft will be dedicated to the 88 Dodgers WS team!
Neddy
RealGM

Post#743 » by Neddy » Wed Jul 9, 2014 1:26 am

Don Tommy wrote:I have room in my loft for a matching banner... smaller but matching! Eventually once I get working on it my loft will be dedicated to the 88 Dodgers WS team!

sorry man, my wife's cousin from LA is visiting with his family and i have been busy hosting/catering them.

88 was a long time ago. since then the Giants and Angels have won, and that is unacceptable. I blame Tommy Lasorda for allowing Pedro to be traded to Montreal, and blame the past ownerships, both McCourt and the junior O'Malley. if we had kept Mike Piazza along with Pedro, along with some other standouts, our roster in the thick of things in the late 90s through the first decade of the next century, could have had sported

Pedro
Kevin Brown
Nomo
Chan Ho Park (the dodger version, not the rangers version)
Ramon
Tom Candiotti
Gange
Scott Radinsky
Mota ( the 'roided version)
etc etc

with

Piazza at C, with Paul LaDuca backing up

Eric Karros, then Paul Konerko on first
Eric Young to Jeff Kent on second
Izturis on SS
should have kept Adrian Beltre on third

Raul
Shawn or Gary Sheffield (without trading Piazza in the first place)
Todd Hollinsworth, then Devon White to Karim Garcia to Dave Roberts and etc etc for the other outfield position

that roster could have won multiple rings, but we simply did not have Guggenheim money to build a team like that.
ehhhhh f it.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#744 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:46 am

Mk are you alive? Haven't seen you here since the season ended I think
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#745 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:44 pm

MK is taking a break from the forum. Hopefully he'll be back by the fall.

I also wanted to announce to you guys that I'm getting out of Cali and moving witn my family to Pennsylvania. I've been wanting to do this for years but the wife wasn't ready. I'll be leaving at the end of August so I probably won't be on here much for a few days but I'll try my best to get on. Just giving everyone here a heads up. And I'm sure og15 can look after the forum ok.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#746 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:41 am

Good luck with your move. If og can't look after us, I got it!
Neddy
RealGM

Post#747 » by Neddy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:37 am

easy, Matt. not only being a forum mod takes an unbiased approach and a fair and balanced judging of each situation (which i failed miserably at before, as a mod elsewhere in the past) but it is extremely time consuming if you want to do a good job. you have work and school to cover, not to mention your relationship status with your girlfriend(s?) man. don't think you can devote time here and still take care of what's truly important in your life as of now, brother.

BTW just came back from a week long trip to Nor Cal to see some of my old friends while my office was getting remodeled, and i have to tell you boys, the Fans of the Warriors in Nor Cal does not think of us very highly after getting knocked out of the second round so easily, and after the Sterling saga they truly think they have the upper hand now. we need to give these boys some real spanking when the season starts and kill all of their hopes.

just saying.
ehhhhh f it.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#748 » by mttwlsn16 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:37 am

I was more or less kidding. I meant the you or me type of mod as in ripping outsiders who come here spewing stupid **** haha
I have school and work - new job within best buy working for the geek squad now. That's a ton to learn since I've never really messed w computers other than using one. But it gives me benefits now, vaca, and a raise so that's all a plus
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#749 » by Forte IV » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:04 pm

Got called for federal jury duty. Great. Not the traditional one week either.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
Don Tommy
Senior
And1: 283

Post#750 » by Don Tommy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:47 am

Last year the guys and work and I played a game and it ended up being so much more fun than we thought it would be, so this year we are going a little bit bigger. It's called the FSBL and stands for the Fantasy Sports Betting League.
Basically it's like fantasy football in that you go head to head against an opponent to see who gets the most points on your football predictions. Only instead of picking players, you have 5 picks. You can pick teams beating the point spread or the over under totals. For a tie breaker, you pick the score you expect for the MNF game.
It's not gambling, and it doesn't matter if you go 5 - 0 or 0 - 5, the goal is to get more right than your opponent does. At the end of the year there will be an 8 team playoff, with prize money going to the champion, the runner up, and the person that had the highest winning percentage for the year. By the way, 100% of the money goes to the champ. I do it for fun, not profit... yet!
Last year the championship was played between teams that had picked 50 and 49% and the highest percentage winner went to a guy with a 53% winning percentage. So we aren't great, but we had a lot of fun. If anyone is interested, we are forming a group on Facebook called FSBL. Any more questions, let me know!
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,657

Post#751 » by ejftw » Sat Sep 6, 2014 9:40 am

RIP Luca Wyatt DeLaGarza
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#752 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:29 pm

Hey all. I finally made it out to Pennsylvania, it took a little longer than expected. Me and my family are still getting settled in so I still won't be on here as often. And I've still been keeping up with the Clipper news, I'm curious why Doc gave up our 1st round pick and we waved the two players. Maybe it's for future cap space I guess.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#753 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:38 pm

thanumba2clippersfan wrote:Hey all. I finally made it out to Pennsylvania, it took a little longer than expected. Me and my family are still getting settled in so I still won't be on here as often. And I've still been keeping up with the Clipper news, I'm curious why Doc gave up our 1st round pick and we waved the two players. Maybe it's for future cap space I guess.

Where in PA? My best friend who I grew up with in CT lives in Reading now.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#754 » by Neddy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:01 am

thanumba2clippersfan wrote:Hey all. I finally made it out to Pennsylvania, it took a little longer than expected. Me and my family are still getting settled in so I still won't be on here as often. And I've still been keeping up with the Clipper news, I'm curious why Doc gave up our 1st round pick and we waved the two players. Maybe it's for future cap space I guess.

relocating is a bitch, hope everything is well brother. how old are your kids? school started already for a couple of weeks for mine. I don't know when Pennsylvania starts their school calendar but make time to talk to your kids' teachers and get very familiar with what is expected of them and all. i don't know what you or your wife do for a living but Im sure you guys will have some long days and nights ahead. but you are a smart fella, I trust things wil be settled before the season opener and you'll join us for the game threads once again.

see you around man, its weird not seeing you or MKWest around here anymore.
ehhhhh f it.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#755 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Neddy wrote:

relocating is a bitch, hope everything is well brother. how old are your kids? school started already for a couple of weeks for mine. I don't know when Pennsylvania starts their school calendar but make time to talk to your kids' teachers and get very familiar with what is expected of them and all. i don't know what you or your wife do for a living but Im sure you guys will have some long days and nights ahead. but you are a smart fella, I trust things wil be settled before the season opener and you'll join us for the game threads once again.

see you around man, its weird not seeing you or MKWest around here anymore.

My daughter is only 2 and luckily there are a number of pre schools nearby. As for me I've just been working retail and I had a temp/part-time office job. Cali was just too expensive for me and I always wanted to go back east. I went back to State College, PA. I'm in the town where Penn State is located. And don't worry outside of work there isn't much to do here so I'll be on the forum. As for now I'll have to work a lot so I'll be on here when I can. I sometimes lurk on here and see what you guys are saying. Luckily the season hasn't started yet so not too much is happening.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#756 » by Neddy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:30 pm

gotcha, personally, nowadays i much prefer the small town living over a big city life. sounds like we'll see you around more often after all. what's MK up to?

anywho, enjoy those early years, 2 year olds are precious but they grow up so fast... my daughter is already taller than my wife now. take lots of pictures and paste your walls with them. if you blink you will miss it, trust me.
ehhhhh f it.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,568

Post#757 » by Sofia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:23 am

Tix to Utah @ Clips :thumbsup:
President of the Grady Dick Fanclub - top ****
President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub - go stiffies!
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#758 » by mttwlsn16 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:40 am

Neddy wrote:gotcha, personally, nowadays i much prefer the small town living over a big city life. sounds like we'll see you around more often after all. what's MK up to?

anywho, enjoy those early years, 2 year olds are precious but they grow up so fast... my daughter is already taller than my wife now. take lots of pictures and paste your walls with them. if you blink you will miss it, trust me.

ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,657

Post#759 » by ejftw » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:27 pm

mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#760 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:31 am

I spent 13 hours activating iPhones today.....

Return to Los Angeles Clippers