ImageImageImage

Make or brake year for RB Doug Martin with the Bucs....

Moderator: craig01

Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Make or brake year for RB Doug Martin with the Bucs.... 

Post#1 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Jun 5, 2015 9:34 pm

Martin was great during his rookie year, but after 2 oft-injured seasons, his time may be running out in Tampa. We knew this last season when the Bucs spent a 3rd round pick on RB Charles Sims in the draft. The Bucs didn't pick up Martin's 5th year option for 2016, but this season he has a chance to prove he is worth keeping past this season and his biggest cheerleader in his corner, is new OC Dirk Kotter.

Taken from pewterreport.com,

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/sr ... t-winston/

Yet when Dirk Koetter was hired on January 13 after being part of the staff purge in Atlanta, the Bucs’ new offensive coordinator told the front office he wanted to keep Martin. "Dirk Koetter, once he started watching tape of all our players, he came away impressed with Doug,” Bucs general manager Jason Licht said. “You saw the tape when he’s healthy, he’s still a very effective runner.”

Martin is leaner and looks faster than ever this offseason, showing off acceleration that has not been seen since his rookie season. While he wouldn’t discuss what he’s weighing now, he looks lighter than his listed weight of 215 pounds.

“I’m trying to get my body fat percentage down,” Martin said. “I am a little smaller in terms of my body fat percentage that’s decreased, so that’s good. I’m just trying to get my muscle gain up and get that fat out. Definitely I feel quicker – faster. I feel real good.

“I wanted to be a little faster and a little quicker in my game and for me to be able to do that was to decrease my body fat, go hard in the weight room and come out here on the field and show the coaches. It’s really more running and cardio. When I’m at home I’ll go run around the neighborhood from time to time, a lot of cardio and keeping up on the weights.”
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Re: Make or brake year for RB Doug Martin with the Bucs.... 

Post#2 » by denterprise » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:42 pm

With a better offensive line, he should have a better season. Our rookie quarterback needs him to come through and have a great season.

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers