ImageImageImageImage

Interesting moves coming

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Romotodez
Pro Prospect
And1: 12

Interesting moves coming 

Post#1 » by Romotodez » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:45 pm

With Pellerin being put on the 53, somebody has to be cut or put on IR. Supposedly the injury to PAtmon is only a 2 week thing. The question is do you waste him and put him in IR or make room by cutting someone. Word is it will likely be Coleman. Yes the same guy we all seemed to love in preseason. With Brent coming back soon if not this weekend, I guess that makes the most sense. Hate to lose a guy like him especially since he has actually shown something. As for Brent, when he is activated to the 46, someone has to become inactive. It's easy to say Clutts, but if we are planning on running the ball, IMO we need Clutts 15 plays a game. Which gets me to Street. This would definitely be my choice, however it seems like they have been trying to get him involved recently. Brian Broaddus even brought up Beasley. This to me was the dumbest thing I have heard Broaddus say all year but after he explained it - it really made some sense. I still would go Street or an OL.
Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Re: Interesting moves coming 

Post#2 » by Schmoopy1000 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:35 pm

you're not going to make your 3rd WR inactive & keep your 4th, 5th or however deep the depth chart goes on the active roster. That would be just stupid!
Manster7588
Senior
And1: 28

Post#3 » by Manster7588 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:38 pm

I'd go with Dakoda Watson as the odd man out.
Manster7588
Senior

Post#4 » by Manster7588 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:40 pm

WR only have 5 WRs on the active roster. I think all 5 are safe.
Jarntt
Senior
And1: 37

Post#5 » by Jarntt » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:03 pm

If Coleman were to be cut I'm sure it would be with the intention of putting him on the practice squad. Not sure another team would sign him and put him on the 53, but with the injuries around the league this time of year and the fact that some teams know they are likely out of it, it is possible someone would. I see a few players with little chance of ever being an impact player that I would cut before Coleman.
Manster7588
Senior

Post#6 » by Manster7588 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:14 pm

Jarntt wrote:If Coleman were to be cut I'm sure it would be with the intention of putting him on the practice squad. Not sure another team would sign him and put him on the 53, but with the injuries around the league this time of year and the fact that some teams know they are likely out of it, it is possible someone would. I see a few players with little chance of ever being an impact player that I would cut before Coleman.

I'd try to hold on to Coleman because of the DL injuries last year have me worried, but isn't he and most of our other DL men simply prospects? We need to upgrade the DL next season and Coleman may be out anyway.

It's going to be a tough decision. I'd cut the least likely guy who would be signed by another team. IMO that's Watson.
Romotodez
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by Romotodez » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:18 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:you're not going to make your 3rd WR inactive & keep your 4th, 5th or however deep the depth chart goes on the active roster. That would be just stupid!

I don't know how many special teams that Street is actually on. He made a case for him being the only guy that could play Dez and WIlliams spot. I don't necessarily believe that though. I was surprised to hear Broaddus suggest that. Spencer was also a suggestion. As far as the player cut I agree about Coleman as far as trying to keep him that is. That practice squad thing has amazed me this yr - watching RYan Williams still just sit their with all of the injuries around the league. Maybe Coleman would stay on it
Romotodez
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by Romotodez » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:30 pm

JusT read it Was Coleman wAived
PDay8810
Junior
And1: 22

Post#9 » by PDay8810 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:42 pm

isn't he and most of our other DL men simply prospects?

YES.....just don't see anyway a wide or DB moves off the 53..special teams factor here

Return to Dallas Cowboys