ImageImageImageImage

2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
And1: 531

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#61 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:15 pm

Would I sound like a broken record again this year if I said, "Defense, defense and more defense" this year?
Mr B
Veteran
And1: 462

Post#62 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:22 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Would I sound like a broken record again this year if I said, "Defense, defense and more defense" this year?

There has been a lot of talk the last couple of days that the Cowboys are looking hard at WR's or guys that are good receivers out of the backfield. Don't be surprised if they pick Curtis Samuel (RB Ohio St) if he's there in the 2nd. He would be the Lance Dunbar type RB they still want. Although he'd be light years better than Dunbar. He would also make Morris expendable.
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
And1: 749

Post#63 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:27 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Would I sound like a broken record again this year if I said, "Defense, defense and more defense" this year?

There has been a lot of talk the last couple of days that the Cowboys are looking hard at WR's or guys that are good receivers out of the backfield. Don't be surprised if they pick Curtis Samuel (RB Ohio St) if he's there in the 2nd. He would be the Lance Dunbar type RB they still want. Although he'd be light years better than Dunbar. He would also make Morris expendable.

I hope not. I understand the need but I would also like to see Zeke developed in that role. And - I think he's capable of developing in that role. If they take DL in the 1st, I will be shocked if they don't go DB in the 2nd. Way too much available in the 2nd that won't be there in the 3rd.

And - I'll say it right now. If Peppers falls because of this recent "diluted sample" test, I'm jumping on him. Without hesitation.
Mr B
Veteran

Post#64 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:15 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I hope not. I understand the need but I would also like to see Zeke developed in that role. And - I think he's capable of developing in that role. If they take DL in the 1st, I will be shocked if they don't go DB in the 2nd. Way too much available in the 2nd that won't be there in the 3rd.

And - I'll say it right now. If Peppers falls because of this recent "diluted sample" test, I'm jumping on him. Without hesitation.

Seriously? Peppers? I want no part of that guy. He's great with the ball in his hands but the problem is that he's not a ball hawk. His safety skills are not that great. He might make a better RB than safety. Then throw in the fact that he's going to already be in the NFL drug program when he's drafted. No thanks. I'd rather draft the safety from UConn.
Otis Driftwood
Veteran

Post#65 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:52 am

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Seriously? Peppers? I want no part of that guy. He's great with the ball in his hands but the problem is that he's not a ball hawk. His safety skills are not that great. He might make a better RB than safety. Then throw in the fact that he's going to already be in the NFL drug program when he's drafted. No thanks. I'd rather draft the safety from UConn.

Agree to disagree. Opinions vary.
Otis Driftwood
Veteran

Post#66 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:21 pm

Please. Please. Please.

Cut his ass and move on. Please.

Read on Twitter
Mr B
Veteran

Post#67 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:33 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Please. Please. Please.

Cut his ass and move on. Please.

Read on Twitter

The NFL may do it for them. He's on the verge of a lifetime ban.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
And1: 531

Post#68 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:39 am

I have nothing more to add than what Otis posted.
Otis Driftwood
Veteran

Post#69 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun May 7, 2017 6:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Dallas Cowboys