ImageImageImageImage

2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread

Moderator: Texas Chuck

User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,987
And1: 812
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#81 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:18 pm

Dez Bryant is recruiting Revis Island.

I'll pass. Rather roll with the kids.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
Veteran
Posts: 2,841
And1: 517
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#82 » by Mr B » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:35 pm

Yea I'll pass too. He would have to move to safety and I'd also prefer to play the young guys. Stay with the youth movement.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,321
And1: 569
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#83 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:37 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Read on Twitter

Brings back the good old days once again. Actually I have this same photo in a poster size framed in my blue room. Love the grave stones in the background. :D
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,321
And1: 569
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#84 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:I'm thinking one of us should interview each of these candidates... just to be sure we can have all the necessary info to make a knowledgeable choice.

I'll be happy to nominate myself...

Read on Twitter

I vote for # 2.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,321
And1: 569
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#85 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:41 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:I'm thinking one of us should interview each of these candidates... just to be sure we can have all the necessary info to make a knowledgeable choice.

I'll be happy to nominate myself...

Read on Twitter


My vote would be for the 1st or 2nd one. I'm going to need to see more though before I can make my final decision.

You were hoping for a glass bottom bikini, you dirty pig, :lol: :wink:
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,987
And1: 812
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#86 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:55 pm

Ron Jaworski: Here's where Dak Prescott must improve the most in Year 2 as Cowboys QB
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/06/14/ron-jaworski-dak-prescott-must-improve-year-2-cowboys-qb

Former Eagles QB and current ESPN analyst Ron "Jaws" Jaworski recently joined "The Doomsday Podcast" with Matt Mosley and Ed Werder to talk all things football. Here are some highlights from their interview:

Matt Mosley: What will be the toughest thing for [Dak Prescott] in Year 2 when teams have more time now to study him and try to prepare for him?

Ron Jaworski: Well first of all Dak had an unbelievable season for a rookie. He was very, very impressive. Anybody to say they weren't surprised by that would be crazy. I actually liked him coming out of Mississippi State. I did not expect him to be the starter and play as well as he did.

The one thing I love about the offseason [is] I don't have to prepare for a lot of shows ... we do throughout the NFL season. I can sit at my office at NFL Films, plug the tape in, get a cup of coffee and prop my feet up on the desk and just watch throw after throw after throw. And you watch Dak Prescott just drop back and you get a template of how he plays the game. ... What jumped out at me was his ability to hang in the pocket and process information quickly. It's uncommon for rookie quarterbacks to do that. The experience he got with Dan Mullen at Mississippi State really helped him.

Very few guys in their rookie year show the ability to process that information quickly. And it was early in the season -- that New York Giants game that opened the season -- you could see that he was ready for the NFL. The game wasn't too big for him. It was amazing how he got as the season wore on better in the pre-snap phase identifying the defense, better in the post-snap phase identifying the defense and just had the uncanny ability to throw the ball with accuracy. I'll say that he threw with accuracy but it's also an area I believe he has to improve on.

As you go from the rookie season to the second season you're going to get better. I would say Dak must improve on the accuracy aspect of his game.

Ed Werder: How convinced are you, Ron, that we're seeing the beginning of a career that will lead to Dak being considered an elite top five, top 10 franchise-type quarterback?

Ron Jaworski: He's a top 10 quarterback right now based on one season of play. And you look at the weapons that he has around him: I always say the quarterback is a dependent position. You depend on other people doing their job so you can do yours. When you look at the people Scott Linehan and Jason Garrett has put around him it starts with the guys up front. You got a [Tyron] Smith, a [La'el] Collins, a [Travis] Frederick, a [Zack] Martin and now a Chaz Green going to step in at that right tackle spot.

... They're going to run the ball first. Then they're going to throw the football with the play-action pass and you've got a plethora of players that can catch the football that are smart [and] that read coverage well.

You look at Dak and the weapons around him, I mean, how can you not be excited about the future of the Dallas Cowboys, particularly on offense?

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
Veteran
Posts: 2,841
And1: 517
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#87 » by Mr B » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:45 am

You can tell Jaws is being very PC. If he was going to pick one thing that Dak could improve on he came up with accuracy? He was one of the most accurate QB's in the NFL last year. In my opinion Dak needs to improve on going down field more.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,321
And1: 569
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#88 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:14 am

Mr B wrote:You can tell Jaws is being very PC. If he was going to pick one thing that Dak could improve on he came up with accuracy? He was one of the most accurate QB's in the NFL last year. In my opinion Dak needs to improve on going down field more.

Dak didn't start throwing the ball downfield much till about week 11. Of course DEz missed the first 5 games and it took another 5 or 6 weeks to get on the same page with him. If Dez stays healthy I truly believe he could have a monster year.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,987
And1: 812
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#89 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:14 pm

I normally don't give two s***'s about the NFL Top 100 as it's a beauty pageant. But - when the players give this kind of credit to a kid like Dak (and - coming up next, Zeke) along with Smith, it's worth a read to me.

NFL players rank Dak Prescott one of league's top 5 QBs, Tyron Smith game's top offensive lineman
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/06/19/nfl-players-rank-dak-prescott-one-leagues-top-5-qbs-tyron-smith-games-top-offensive-lineman
Seven Dallas Cowboys made NFL Network's Top 100 Players list of 2017.

Numbers five and six were revealed Monday night as the list covered spots 11-20.

Dak Prescott was voted No. 14 overall by his peers. Tyron Smith came in at No. 18.

Travis Frederick (No. 87), Sean Lee (No. 79), Dez Bryant (No. 60) and Zack Martin (No. 58) have been revealed in previous shows.

Not only did Prescott come in among the top 20, he was the fifth overall quarterback on the list, putting him ahead of Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Russell Wilson, Matthew Stafford and Cam Newton. To give you an idea of how much the list changes from year to year, Newton was ranked No. 1 overall a year ago. This year: 44.

The only quarterbacks ahead of Prescott: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan and Derek Carr.

Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins also provided some praise for Prescott.

"Where I look back to when I was a rookie and if I had to play for the entire season where I would have been, it's that much more impressive," the former fourth-round pick said. "He's doing it all. He's throwing the ball down the field, he's throwing with accuracy."

Cousins then pointed out two plays Prescott made during the Cowboys' 31-26 Thanksgiving Day win over Washington. Both occurred with Prescott rolling to his right. The first, a second-quarter touchdown pass to Terrance Williams, who dragged his toes inside the pylon. The second, a pass to Dez Bryant on third and nine late in the fourth quarter. The completion got the Cowboys to Washington's 1-yard line, setting up a short up Ezekiel Elliott TD run.

"Both throws were small windows in terms of accuracy and required a great deal of arm strength," Cousins said. "Those are high level of difficulty throws and he made them both."

Tyron Smith made the top 100 for the fourth consecutive season. He came in at No. 18, his personal best, and the highest-ranking given to an offensive lineman this year.

"Tyron, sometimes he forgets his strength," Ezekiel Elliott said. "You know you got that one friend that you just can't play fight with because he's going to hurt you. I couldn't even imagine that punch on game day."

Prescott: "To me, he's the best in the game at left tackle. He's just a guy you really don't want to see, in my eyes."

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Pro Bowl defensive tackle Gerald McCoy: "I don't even think he's a person. He might be some sort of mutant or metahuman or demigod or something. Ain't no way you look like that and play like that."

Los Angeles Rams Pro Bowl offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth: "Every tackle in the league wishes they had that body. It's just not fair. He's built in a way that's ... man."

Elliott is expected to be among the top 10 players revealed next week.

Where does Prescott think he and Elliott belong on the list?

"I'll give Zeke top 3," he said. "Me, it's just cool to be on there."
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
Veteran
Posts: 2,841
And1: 517
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#90 » by Mr B » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:49 pm

That's pretty cool. Hopefully these guy continue the way they played last year and remain high on this list.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,987
And1: 812
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#91 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:18 pm

Drew Pearson: Why I need Cowboys to make this Super Bowl -- and why I think it's our turn
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/06/21/drew-pearson-need-cowboys-make-super-bowl-think-turn

Image

FRISCO - When Cowboys great Drew Pearson introduced Chidobe Awuzie as this year's second-round pick, he wondered if he was introducing a key piece to a Cowboys Super Bowl run. The rookie cornerback has already impressed his coaches and Dez Bryant. Could Awuzie elevate Dallas' defense to the next level as well?
Pearson knows a little bit about Super Bowls, after helping Dallas to the title game three times including a Super Bowl XII championship in 1978. And the Ring of Honor receiver says Dallas is poised to make another push.
"It's about time," Pearson said at Cowboys minicamp. "If we just look at percentages, it might be our turn. So hopefully."
The Cowboys haven't earned a Super Bowl berth or even an NFC title game appearance since the 1995 season. As the SportsDay graphic below shows, the Cowboys are bottom feeders when it comes to playoff game wins: Only nine of the league's 32 teams haven't made a conference title game across that time. In the NFC East alone, the Giants have three Super Bowl berths and two titles in the last 20 years, while the Eagles lost 24-21 in a close Super Bowl matchup against the Patriots in 2005.
How does Pearson suggest Dallas buck the trend?
"The key nowadays in the NFL is keeping your front-line players healthy," Pearson said. "Because the drop-off from your front line to your backups is not like it used to be. There's a significant difference there. So hopefully we keep the front-line players healthy and get on a roll and that way they'll have confidence and maybe it'll end up in a Super Bowl season."
Pearson would take a Dallas Super Bowl any year but says this season would be extra special with Minnesota hosting. It was against the Vikings that Pearson caught a Hail Mary from Roger Staubach in the 1975 divisional playoff round to end Minnesota's season. It was the only season in a four-year stretch that Fran Tarkenton and his Vikings didn't compete in the Super Bowl.


Image

Pearson said a Cowboys return to Minnesota, for the Super Bowl no less, would be epic for him.
"In Minnesota, huh?" Pearson said. "That'll be fitting: Drew Pearson goes back to Minnesota. I bet I'll be the enemy of the state for sure if the Cowboys are there."
Cowboys tight end Jason Witten said wherever the Cowboys go this year, Pearson's draft announcement raised the stakes.
"I'm sure people will think that what we think is clever, they're going to be upset a little bit about," Witten told The News at minicamp. "But I think when anybody can represent the way they did, Drew is one of the great players and to take pride the way he did, to say it so eloquently like he did, I loved it."
Witten made a point to tell Pearson how much he enjoyed the rant when the 66 year old walked the endline at the Cowboys Frisco Star facility last week. Pearson chatted with officials ("Hey, come on, blow the whistle on me please!" he joked) before vets like Witten greeted him en route to the locker room.
"It put a smile on my face and right in their (the Eagles') backyard," Witten said. "I'm sure he spiced things up a little bit but us, as players, to have your alumni kind of represent you in that way, you appreciate it. So I wanted Drew to know that I really did.
"It meant a lot to us and really clever on his end."
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,321
And1: 569
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#92 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:03 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Drew Pearson: Why I need Cowboys to make this Super Bowl -- and why I think it's our turn
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/06/21/drew-pearson-need-cowboys-make-super-bowl-think-turn

Image

FRISCO - When Cowboys great Drew Pearson introduced Chidobe Awuzie as this year's second-round pick, he wondered if he was introducing a key piece to a Cowboys Super Bowl run. The rookie cornerback has already impressed his coaches and Dez Bryant. Could Awuzie elevate Dallas' defense to the next level as well?
Pearson knows a little bit about Super Bowls, after helping Dallas to the title game three times including a Super Bowl XII championship in 1978. And the Ring of Honor receiver says Dallas is poised to make another push.
"It's about time," Pearson said at Cowboys minicamp. "If we just look at percentages, it might be our turn. So hopefully."
The Cowboys haven't earned a Super Bowl berth or even an NFC title game appearance since the 1995 season. As the SportsDay graphic below shows, the Cowboys are bottom feeders when it comes to playoff game wins: Only nine of the league's 32 teams haven't made a conference title game across that time. In the NFC East alone, the Giants have three Super Bowl berths and two titles in the last 20 years, while the Eagles lost 24-21 in a close Super Bowl matchup against the Patriots in 2005.
How does Pearson suggest Dallas buck the trend?
"The key nowadays in the NFL is keeping your front-line players healthy," Pearson said. "Because the drop-off from your front line to your backups is not like it used to be. There's a significant difference there. So hopefully we keep the front-line players healthy and get on a roll and that way they'll have confidence and maybe it'll end up in a Super Bowl season."
Pearson would take a Dallas Super Bowl any year but says this season would be extra special with Minnesota hosting. It was against the Vikings that Pearson caught a Hail Mary from Roger Staubach in the 1975 divisional playoff round to end Minnesota's season. It was the only season in a four-year stretch that Fran Tarkenton and his Vikings didn't compete in the Super Bowl.


Image

Pearson said a Cowboys return to Minnesota, for the Super Bowl no less, would be epic for him.
"In Minnesota, huh?" Pearson said. "That'll be fitting: Drew Pearson goes back to Minnesota. I bet I'll be the enemy of the state for sure if the Cowboys are there."
Cowboys tight end Jason Witten said wherever the Cowboys go this year, Pearson's draft announcement raised the stakes.
"I'm sure people will think that what we think is clever, they're going to be upset a little bit about," Witten told The News at minicamp. "But I think when anybody can represent the way they did, Drew is one of the great players and to take pride the way he did, to say it so eloquently like he did, I loved it."
Witten made a point to tell Pearson how much he enjoyed the rant when the 66 year old walked the endline at the Cowboys Frisco Star facility last week. Pearson chatted with officials ("Hey, come on, blow the whistle on me please!" he joked) before vets like Witten greeted him en route to the locker room.
"It put a smile on my face and right in their (the Eagles') backyard," Witten said. "I'm sure he spiced things up a little bit but us, as players, to have your alumni kind of represent you in that way, you appreciate it. So I wanted Drew to know that I really did.
"It meant a lot to us and really clever on his end."

I have this photo signed by Drew Pearson and already on my wall in the blue room. AHH, what memories. Yes it is about time we start making new memories and history.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,987
And1: 812
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#93 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:50 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I have this photo signed by Drew Pearson and already on my wall in the blue room. AHH, what memories. Yes it is about time we start making new memories and history.



Indeed it is.

And - I think we do.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,987
And1: 812
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#94 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Speaking of memories...

Tony Liscio; ex-Cowboy who protected Roger Staubach's blind side dead at 76 after battling ALS
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/06/21/tony-liscio-ex-cowboy-protected-roger-staubachs-blind-side-dies-76-battling-als

Tony Liscio, the former Cowboys offensive lineman who protected quarterbacks Don Meredith and Roger Staubach, died Sunday morning at his Lake Highlands home. He was 76 and suffered from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.

Annette, his wife of 54 years, said he believed playing football had contributed to his condition. His brain will be tested for Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, and services are pending.

Liscio starred at Westinghouse High School in Pittsburgh and the University of Tulsa before being drafted in 1963 by the Green Bay Packers, who then traded him to the Cowboys. At 6-5, 265 pounds, he could play guard or tackle. He survived the frigid Ice Bowl and helped Dallas reach Super Bowls V and VI. The Cowboys won in their second appearance after the 1971 season, aided by Liscio coming out of retirement and his new career of commercial real estate to rejoin the team. Coach Tom Landry needed him after tackle Ralph Neely broke a leg and replacement Don Talbert sprained an ankle.

Liscio retired for good after earning his Super Bowl ring.

"What can you do better than that?" he said nearly 40 years later

Liscio received a diagnosis of ALS after he fell and broke his hip last summer and started slurring his words. He had lost his ability to speak and required a feeding tube, according to Annette, who was with him when he passed peacefully, she said. They have three children and seven grandchildren.

The couple remained close to other former Cowboys and their wives, including linebacker Lee Roy Jordan, who visited Liscio recently.

"I loved every minute of it," Jordan said. "He didn't talk at all, but he'd give me that smile every once in a while. Annette, his wife, has been a champion for him.

"....He was one of the greatest teammates a guy could ever have. ...He was such a great asset for the offense, protecting Roger from the blind-side attack."

Dallas Morning News
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,321
And1: 569
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#95 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:49 pm

David Irvin get a 4 game suspension. I guess that's what we get when we take FA Egal rejects.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,987
And1: 812
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#96 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:08 pm

Ezekiel Elliott preparing response to NFL investigation
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20047210/dallas-cowboys-running-back-ezekiel-elliott-preparing-response-nfl-investigation

Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has received a report from the NFL on its findings related to its investigation into a 2016 assault accusation against him and he is preparing a response to the league that is expected to be submitted sometime over the next week, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Multiple sources close to the situation told Schefter that Elliott could face a one- or two-game suspension, but the league has denied that any decision on discipline has been made, and could not be made until its investigation is complete.

"The NFL is looking to pin something on him," one source familiar with the investigation said.

It is one of the reasons that Elliott now is bracing for a short suspension, even if the league insists no decisions have been made, sources said.

Last July, Elliott was questioned by Columbus, Ohio, police after a former girlfriend alleged an incident in which Elliott forcibly pulled her out of a car. The district attorney chose not to pursue charges against Elliott because of conflicting stories. Witnesses at the scene said they did not see an assault occur.

When the Cowboys' season ended in January, Elliott said he wanted "closure."

"I would rather it not drag on this long," Elliott said. "If there was something to find, which there's not, they would've found it by now. The police did a very thorough investigation. It just seems like they're dragging their feet right now. Who knows, man? I'm just ready for it to end."

According to the league's personal conduct policy, a player can be punished by the NFL even if he does not face legal punishment. A first-time violation of the policy carries a six-game suspension, but it also allows for a lesser penalty if mitigating factors are involved.


ESPN.com
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,987
And1: 812
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#97 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:27 pm

Welp... this won't help things.

Source: Ezekiel Elliott involved in Sunday altercation at Uptown Dallas bar
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/07/17/source-ezekiel-elliott-involved-sunday-altercation-uptown-dallas-bar

Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott was involved in a Sunday night altercation at Clutch Bar in Uptown Dallas, a team source confirmed to The Dallas Morning News.

Some people claiming to be witnesses at the scene said they saw Elliott hit another person.

Dallas police said they were sent about 9:40 p.m. to the 2500 block of Cedar Springs, where Clutch is located, to investigate a disturbance call. A 30-year-old man told police that someone he didn't know assaulted him. The alleged victim was taken to a hospital with non life-threatening injuries. Police haven't made any arrests in the case, and said they don't have anyone named as a suspect. The investigation, they said, was ongoing

Elliott is already facing a suspension as the NFL continues to investigate whether Elliott violated its personal conduct policy over an Ohio woman's claims that he assaulted her last year. Elliott is not facing criminal charges for assault in that case, but the NFL can suspend a player even without legal charges being filed.

ESPN reported last week that Elliott could be facing a one- or two-game suspension.

As details of the Sunday night incident emerge, the NFL could also take them into consideration in its discipline of Elliott.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,987
And1: 812
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#98 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:31 pm

After awhile, you just come to the conclusion that our boy Zeke isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Last thing he needed was to give Goodell any excuse to stick him with anything more than a game off.

Dude - stay home!
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,987
And1: 812
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#99 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:16 pm

Training Camp... please get here. Hurry.

Read on Twitter


At 5:00 AM...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
Veteran
Posts: 2,841
And1: 517
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#100 » by Mr B » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:12 pm

Did they mention which club?

Return to Dallas Cowboys