ImageImageImageImage

Roster Moves (Trades, Releases, Signings)

Moderator: Texas Chuck

boogiesdad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 52

Roster Moves (Trades, Releases, Signings) 

Post#1 » by boogiesdad » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:03 pm

I am making this thread all inclusive to the above.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,970

Re: Roster Moves (Trades, Releases, Signings) 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:30 pm

Cowboys signed CB Brandon Carr to a five-year, $50.1 million contract.
The extra $100,000 is no coincidence, enabling Carr to top Cortland Finnegan's $50 million deal with the Rams. The No. 8 player on Profootballtalk's Hot 100 Free Agents, Carr was easily the top defensive back remaining on the market. Possessing youth (26), ideal size and press coverage skills, Carr will be a major upgrade on Terence Newman. The Cowboys did well to land their top free-agent target.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Cowboys signed QB Kyle Orton, formerly of the Chiefs, to a three-year contract.
Orton's first visit was his last. The money must be excellent, as Orton certainly could have found a better shot at starting if he let the quarterback market play out. He's an upgrade on the retiring Jon Kitna, who had long been one of the better backups in the league. Although many Cowboy fans will likely claim otherwise, Orton's signing should not be interpreted as any sort of a message to Tony Romo.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Post#3 » by catalyst » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:56 pm

2 guards (Nate Livings, Mackenzy Bernadeau), Dan Connor, Brodney Pool, Lawrence Vickers

Remaining issues
Pass Rusher
DLine
3rd WR
CB & S still needed
LB

Norm believes that Bruce Carter will be moved outside to pass rush, then another Inside LB might be needed. I like the thought of Poe in 1st to play NT

Still talk of Eric Walden and Backup Packer CB to provide Rush and ST respectively. I love this time of year. All the optimism, all of the unknowns. I hope Cowboys fill roles, but also pick smart, high motor, motivated winners. I am tired of big name, do nothing players, like the entire 2009 draft. Forget the measureables, give me 8 Zack Thomas types and that will be a great start.
akakalakin
Sixth Man
And1: 245

Post#4 » by akakalakin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:43 pm

Romo extension? should have cut him
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Post#5 » by catalyst » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:07 pm

This team is Ciban's nightmare. That is to say, they are not good, but not good enough to be bad and start over. Right in the middle. And with Jerry unable to put a good complete draft together and cap woes, this is an 8-8 mess

Return to Dallas Cowboys