Cannot Believe 2013 team

Moderator: Texas Chuck

catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Cannot Believe 2013 team 

Post#1 » by catalyst » Mon Dec 2, 2013 5:00 pm

Amazingly, this team could be a winning team, and could be #3 seed. 7-5 starting Dec, facing down Bears, Down Packers, give up Redskins, and fast rising eagles. Lions and Saints have edge, but amazing to see that this very poorly constructed and injured team could be a Playoff Team. This is life on the mediocrity treadmill. Win games you should lose, lose games you should win. be near .500. tempt and frustrate your fans.

I think Jerry has gone off the deep end with "Done my best work" quote. This has been the year I have had the least interest since coming of age in football in the mid 1970s. This team now intrigues me as I have probably cursed them. Now we need to see if they can finish off 3-1, get to playoffs, and see what happens.
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Cannot Believe 2013 team 

Post#2 » by catalyst » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:01 pm

I guess, in the words of Parcells, you are what you are. This is a team that is promised to have great talent, and that the coaching fails. Jerry also pitches that Cowboys can be the giants, go 9-7, and then roar thru playoffs. I want cowboys to aim higher, like getting a first round playoff bye. This team has 6 or 7 highly talented players. The depth does not exist. The cap is a mess. Jerry rewards players for average performance. Hard to be a fan, and I am tired as hell after watching that garbage last nite. Worst Defense in history
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#3 » by Fresh360Waves » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:36 am

catalyst wrote:I guess, in the words of Parcells, you are what you are. This is a team that is promised to have great talent, and that the coaching fails. Jerry also pitches that Cowboys can be the giants, go 9-7, and then roar thru playoffs. I want cowboys to aim higher, like getting a first round playoff bye. This team has 6 or 7 highly talented players. The depth does not exist. The cap is a mess. Jerry rewards players for average performance. Hard to be a fan, and I am tired as hell after watching that garbage last nite. Worst Defense in history

I'm with you bro. Only way the Cowboys will get better is when Jerry Jones dies. He's a hard-headed son of a gun.
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by catalyst » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Well it was a manic depressive season. Upset here, loss to a team they should have beaten there. It is time to return to the bottom. Jerry will never let that happen. A Mike Rhyner prediction will finally come true as the Cowboys will never return to Super Bowl with Jerry in charge. I fear that will not happen either with Stephen in charge. Jerry's goal is to sneak into playoffs. He compares this team to Giants that won in 07 & 13. Both of those teams muddled then rose to get to Playoffs. This team under Romo is a slow start, catch up in November, then fade as it gets cold team. Playing indoors doesnt help unless you have home field, which when you are shooting for the 4th spot doesnt work. This is an odd decade, which has been the trend for success (HA). This is a top heavy talent, no depth, no direction or identity team. They change or Jerry's whims. Too bad that fans like me take this abuse. Onward to another 8-8 season until Romo's career is done. Then the fall off happens.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#5 » by Fresh360Waves » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:29 am

catalyst wrote:Well it was a manic depressive season. Upset here, loss to a team they should have beaten there. It is time to return to the bottom. Jerry will never let that happen. A Mike Rhyner prediction will finally come true as the Cowboys will never return to Super Bowl with Jerry in charge. I fear that will not happen either with Stephen in charge. Jerry's goal is to sneak into playoffs. He compares this team to Giants that won in 07 & 13. Both of those teams muddled then rose to get to Playoffs. This team under Romo is a slow start, catch up in November, then fade as it gets cold team. Playing indoors doesnt help unless you have home field, which when you are shooting for the 4th spot doesnt work. This is an odd decade, which has been the trend for success (HA). This is a top heavy talent, no depth, no direction or identity team. They change or Jerry's whims. Too bad that fans like me take this abuse. Onward to another 8-8 season until Romo's career is done. Then the fall off happens.

Another choke happens. What's new? The Cowboys will continue to be the joke of the NFL for the next 5 years or so because Romo will obviously not improve.

Return to Dallas Cowboys