ImageImageImageImage

Dan Bailey Contract Extension

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Dan Bailey Contract Extension 

Post#1 » by Fresh360Waves » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:42 pm

Jerruh does it again. K Dan Bailey gets a six-year contract extension worth $22.5 million dollars with $7.5 million guaranteed. With the cap situation the Cowboys have (nearly $20 million over the cap), this was by far another head-scratching move by Jerruh. He is continuing to prove to the world that the Dallas Cowboys are the laughing stock of the NFL, and will continue to be the laughing stock until Jerruh is long gone. Bailey was the most consistent player on this team by far during the season, but giving a kicker this much money is insane considering the fact there's plenty of holes to fill on this team such as DL and S.
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Re: Dan Bailey Contract Extension 

Post#2 » by catalyst » Tue Feb 4, 2014 5:35 pm

Jerry has morphed into Al Davis much faster than expected. He could have signed Bailey for 3 years/6 mil or less. This team is so lost in the woods. Best thing to happen would be Romo cannot return, and they fall off the cliff. They go 3-13 with Orton or whatever spare QB is out there. They have to eat Romo contract, which was also a mistake, and cut all big names to clear out dead space. They are the definition of mediocrity treadmill, and need desperately to get off of it.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Re: Dan Bailey Contract Extension 

Post#3 » by Fresh360Waves » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:36 am

catalyst wrote:Jerry has morphed into Al Davis much faster than expected. He could have signed Bailey for 3 years/6 mil or less. This team is so lost in the woods. Best thing to happen would be Romo cannot return, and they fall off the cliff. They go 3-13 with Orton or whatever spare QB is out there. They have to eat Romo contract, which was also a mistake, and cut all big names to clear out dead space. They are the definition of mediocrity treadmill, and need desperately to get off of it.

*Sigh* I'm tired of the Cowboys being an embarassment to their fan base. This is ridiculous. Why isn't anyone reaching out to Jerruh and talking to him? Whether he listens or not, maybe it will at least have him thinking, "Hmmm you know what?" "Maybe I am the problem. Maybe I should seek help for the better of the organization." At least Miles Austin is likely to get cut which will shed 5 in a half million. DeMarcus Ware needs to be next on the list. Trade him or release him. Do something. I would not mind going 3-13 or worse just for the sake of a better QB. I'm also tired of folks defending Romo saying it's the offensive line. Well the offensive line has never been terrible for Romo. Romo makes the same mistake over and over again yet he's "not the problem?" SMH...

Return to Dallas Cowboys