ImageImageImageImage

Who Wins?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

PDay8810
Junior
And1: 22

Who Wins? 

Post#1 » by PDay8810 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:43 pm

I really think NE beats the hawks by two scores and perhaps more if Thomas or Sherman are hurt and don't finish.
Not a fan of the Pats, nor the SH-head seattle fans...just don't see this game close at the end.
Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Re: Who Wins? 

Post#2 » by Schmoopy1000 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:32 am

I went the other way.
think game will be close & with less than 2 mins. to go the Seahawks defense stops Brady's offense for the win.
Romotodez
Pro Prospect
And1: 12

Post#3 » by Romotodez » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:15 am

I think Pats come out with something to prove because of deflate gate. This is also a good Pats defense. I think Brady though has trouble gripping the legal ball so he will have to stick to the short game. If they let the Pats get away with their gimmicks - the pick plays, throwing to OL , etc then he Pats will win. I see a big Lynch finale. He will then retire and tell the commissioner whatever he wants to.

Hawks 20 Pats 17
Manster7588
Senior
And1: 28

Post#4 » by Manster7588 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:27 am

I have gone over this in my head so many times I cant count and I keep coming up with reasons each team will win. The one that has the most merit to me is Belicheat will use the Dallas game as a blueprint on how to win this game.

I haven't made my bet yet but I'm leaning to giving the points and taking NE.
Jarntt
Senior
And1: 37

Post#5 » by Jarntt » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:50 am

Romotodez wrote:I think Pats come out with something to prove because of deflate gate. This is also a good Pats defense. I think Brady though has trouble gripping the legal ball so he will have to stick to the short game. If they let the Pats get away with their gimmicks - the pick plays, throwing to OL , etc then he Pats will win. I see a big Lynch finale. He will then retire and tell the commissioner whatever he wants to.

Hawks 20 Pats 17

seriously??? Guy probably goes down as a top 5 QB of All Time if he gets this win and you think the amount of air in the ball impacts him in any way?
Jarntt
Senior

Post#6 » by Jarntt » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:54 am

I think Seattle wins if their DBs are healthy enough to play their game. But, I hope NE wins...the lesser of two evils
Schmoopy1000
Junior

Post#7 » by Schmoopy1000 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:30 am

Manster7588 wrote:I have gone over this in my head so many times I cant count and I keep coming up with reasons each team will win. The one that has the most merit to me is Belicheat will use the Dallas game as a blueprint on how to win this game.

I don't think the Pats can play the Dallas blueprint.
The Seahawks can stop Blount & that running game (imo)
If the Pats win, it will be because of Brady.
Manster7588
Senior

Post#8 » by Manster7588 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:14 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:I have gone over this in my head so many times I cant count and I keep coming up with reasons each team will win. The one that has the most merit to me is Belicheat will use the Dallas game as a blueprint on how to win this game.

Offensively maybe not but they can run up the middle with Blount and defensively they can easily play the same scheme Dallas ran.
Schmoopy1000
Junior

Post#9 » by Schmoopy1000 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:08 am

Manster7588 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:

Offensively maybe not but they can run up the middle with Blount and defensively they can easily play the same scheme Dallas ran.

well defensively I cant argue. because I think the cowboys defense always did just enough to allow the offense to do their thing. If our offense faltered the defensive got abused in my opinion. Our defense did better than I expected. I don't think our defense was all that great though. Think many defenses could do what we did. Also think the Pats defense is better than ours (don't have stats on this so feel free to throw them at me) but if the pats offense don't control the ToP. Seattles offense will get their points & the seattle defense can still show up & ruin the party.
To me the key to the Dallas blueprint was controlling the clock. AKA Murray & the beast mode line :P
Not sure the pats line & Blount can duplicate that.
granted not saying it is a sure thing either way. because brady can use the short passing game to move the chains & do the same thing. I just don't think the Pats can win the same way the cowboys did. it will be an interesting Superbowl. However I don't care for either team so I am honestly not all that interested. However I did enter an unique football pool so I can stay interested.
unfortunately I predicted watch I will end up with a 2 & 5 for my #'s. I was half right. I got a 2 for seahawks & a zero for the pats. So if the superbowl styarts like last years I would start off with 200 bucks. but what are the chances of that happening twice in a row LOL
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,276

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:27 am

I took Seattle for $500.00 with another $120.00 in prop bets. I think Seattle beats the **** out of Bellicheat and the Patsie's by at least 13 points.
Schmoopy1000
Junior

Post#11 » by Schmoopy1000 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:56 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I took Seattle for $500.00 with another $120.00 in prop bets. I think Seattle beats the **** out of Bellicheat and the Patsie's by at least 13 points.

wow that is way braver than I am willing to think.
I am hoping you didn't give someone 13 points!
PDay8810
Junior

Post#12 » by PDay8810 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:38 pm

Beer pocket book allowed me to only wager $100 o NE but I really think NE takes it to seattle
RJ MacReady1
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#13 » by RJ MacReady1 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:34 pm

The Seattle defense is a bit banged up and Chancellor hurt his knee yesterday.
But in the end, Belichick will have the Seattle defense a bit on their heels. Specifically on keys plays with looks they will hesitate on or just be confused about. Not to mention as good a Seattle's defense is, in my opinion it is missing the most important part. A pass rush.

I also think he will set up the defense to bait RW to throw it as much as possible. I think it will be the opposite of what your hear, that Seattle starts to wear you down in the 3rd and 4th qtr. It will start out slow for both but the Pats are the one's who do the wearing down.

Pats 28
Hawks 10.
Cowboycolors
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#14 » by Cowboycolors » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:33 pm

as much as I despise him Bill is a helluva coach and I think the Pats win going away
This is the first year I really have no big desire to watch the game.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,276

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:57 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I took Seattle for $500.00 with another $120.00 in prop bets. I think Seattle beats the **** out of Bellicheat and the Patsie's by at least 13 points.

wow that is way braver than I am willing to think.
I am hoping you didn't give someone 13 points!

No, lol. I got in the day after the championship games at a pick even. I suppose I could have waited till a few days ago and got Seattle at a +1, but I'm very confident of my pick. Had a good year winning 83.3% of my games of actual wager. Last year only 67.8%. And no, lol, I didn't give anyone 13 points. That was one of my super bowl prop bets I took at 18/1. I need Seattle to win by 11 but not more than 13. I'm worried Seattle will win by more than 13 though. Anyway, I always take the NFC in the Super Bowl except for 3 times in the history of the super bowl. Can anyone guess which 3? I bet malco can tell me, LMAO.
Jarntt
Senior

Post#16 » by Jarntt » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:25 pm

Wait, you have a prop bet that only pays 18-1 that Seattle wins by 11, 12, or 13 points? Seems like pretty lousy odds
PDay8810
Junior

Post#17 » by PDay8810 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:05 pm

Jarntt wrote:Wait, you have a prop bet that only pays 18-1 that Seattle wins by 11, 12, or 13 points? Seems like pretty lousy odds

boxcars type bet
Romotodez
Pro Prospect

Post#18 » by Romotodez » Sun Feb 1, 2015 5:24 am

Jarntt wrote:
Romotodez wrote:I think Pats come out with something to prove because of deflate gate. This is also a good Pats defense. I think Brady though has trouble gripping the legal ball so he will have to stick to the short game. If they let the Pats get away with their gimmicks - the pick plays, throwing to OL , etc then he Pats will win. I see a big Lynch finale. He will then retire and tell the commissioner whatever he wants to.

Hawks 20 Pats 17

seriously??? Guy probably goes down as a top 5 QB of All Time if he gets this win and you think the amount of air in the ball impacts him in any way?

Absolutely it affects the way he throws a football. Why the hell do what they did then?? It is breaking a rule and cheating. Do it for yourself. I did. I threw it much better or I should say gripped it much better.

Top 5 qb all time - that's a very broad topic. If you want to drink the cool aid on him that's your choice. It's wierd you seem to be basing your conclusion all on one game too. It's kind of like you are saying he is at 7 now and if he wins he will go to top 5 but if he loses he is just top 10. You are better than that , right? What if he throws for 300 and 4 TDs and loses 31-28.? What if he wins and throws for 160 and 2 picks. To me it doesn't make a damn bit of difference what happens tomorrow as far as his place.
Manster7588
Senior

Post#19 » by Manster7588 » Sun Feb 1, 2015 6:16 am

Romotodez wrote:
Jarntt wrote:

Hawks 20 Pats 17

Absolutely it affects the way he throws a football. Why the hell do what they did then?? It is breaking a rule and cheating. Do it for yourself. I did. I threw it much better or I should say gripped it much better.

Top 5 qb all time - that's a very broad topic. If you want to drink the cool aid on him that's your choice. It's wierd you seem to be basing your conclusion all on one game too. It's kind of like you are saying he is at 7 now and if he wins he will go to top 5 but if he loses he is just top 10. You are better than that , right? What if he throws for 300 and 4 TDs and loses 31-28.? What if he wins and throws for 160 and 2 picks. To me it doesn't make a damn bit of difference what happens tomorrow as far as his place.

I think you are putting to much stock in one word. I took Jarrntt use of probably meaning it could be argued.Top 5 is a high honor to place ob anybody. With all the Great QBs this league has seen over it history Brady as top 5 will surely be argued. Both for and against.
Romotodez
Pro Prospect

Post#20 » by Romotodez » Sun Feb 1, 2015 10:38 pm

I have a feeling Brady will throw it 50 times.

Return to Dallas Cowboys