ImageImageImageImage

Demarcus Lawrence

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Demarcus Lawrence 

Post#1 » by Schmoopy1000 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:07 pm

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett stated on NFL Network's Combine coverage that he envisions second-year RE Demarcus Lawrence as a potential "cornerstone player for us."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Demarcus Lawrence 

Post#2 » by Mr B » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:15 pm

The way he came on towards the end of the year I envision the same thing.
PDay8810
Junior
And1: 22

Re: Demarcus Lawrence 

Post#3 » by PDay8810 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:50 pm

I feel pretty darn good about the guy coming into year #2
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,282

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:18 am

Now we need the next Bob Lilly or Randy White next to him.
Schmoopy1000
Junior

Post#5 » by Schmoopy1000 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:31 am

don't know if there will ever be another Randy White, but if there was a Randy White 2.0 I would be happy as HeII (my all time favorite player)
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 3, 2015 7:39 pm

With this good news from Garrett regarding Lawrence and a nice pick up with Selvie, DT should be a no brainer this upcoming draft.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:41 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Cowboys coach Jason Garrett stated on NFL Network's Combine coverage that he envisions second-year RE Demarcus Lawrence as a potential "cornerstone player for us."

Good thing Jerry wasn't in charge of the draft last year. We would have Johnny Manziel instead.
Schmoopy1000
Junior

Post#8 » by Schmoopy1000 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:01 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:Cowboys coach Jason Garrett stated on NFL Network's Combine coverage that he envisions second-year RE Demarcus Lawrence as a potential "cornerstone player for us."

Good thing Jerry wasn't in charge of the draft last year. We would have Johnny Manziel instead.

I don't think Jerry was ever really considering Manziel. Think that was more of a smoke screen trying to make our pick more important as trade value (for anyone that really was wanting him)
Jarntt
Senior
And1: 37

Post#9 » by Jarntt » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:28 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I don't think Jerry was ever really considering Manziel. Think that was more of a smoke screen trying to make our pick more important as trade value (for anyone that really was wanting him)

Ahhhh....no...never underestimate the stupidity of Jerry Jones

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ny-manziel
Manster7588
Senior
And1: 28

Post#10 » by Manster7588 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:21 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Considering Jerry said he wanted Manziel after the draft was over I don't see how draft trade value has anything to do with it.
Schmoopy1000
Junior

Post#11 » by Schmoopy1000 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:22 am

Manster7588 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Good thing Jerry wasn't in charge of the draft last year. We would have Johnny Manziel instead.

Considering Jerry said he wanted Manziel after the draft was over I don't see how draft trade value has anything to do with it.

I don't know. Wanting him & considering drafting him in our spot is two different things. I never thought we were ever close to drafting him.
Manster7588
Senior
And1: 28

Post#12 » by Manster7588 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:06 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:I don't think Jerry was ever really considering Manziel. Think that was more of a smoke screen trying to make our pick more important as trade value (for anyone that really was wanting him)

I don't know. Wanting him & considering drafting him in our spot is two different things. I never thought we were ever close to drafting him.

Guess we'll never know, but I have a feeling others had to tie Jerry in a chair and shove a drink in his hand to keep him off of the phone.
Jarntt
Senior

Post#13 » by Jarntt » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:38 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:I don't think Jerry was ever really considering Manziel. Think that was more of a smoke screen trying to make our pick more important as trade value (for anyone that really was wanting him)

Did you read the link I posted? Plus, we heard from enough sources that Stephen had to take the card out of Jerry's hand that I tend to believe it...
Schmoopy1000
Junior

Post#14 » by Schmoopy1000 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:52 pm

Manster7588 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:

Guess we'll never know, but I have a feeling others had to tie Jerry in a chair and shove a drink in his hand to keep him off of the phone.

well if that is the case, then whoever tied him down, deserves a raise, & can we have that guy in the war room every year?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:40 pm

It fits Jerry's MO anyway whether anyone believes it or not. Quincy Carter, firing Jimmy, Roy Williams for 2 first rounders, Terrell Owens, Wade Phillips, and it goes on and on and on ..................................
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Demarcus Lawrence 

Post#16 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:55 pm

Jarntt wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:

Did you read the link I posted? Plus, we heard from enough sources that Stephen had to take the card out of Jerry's hand that I tend to believe it...

I think "had to take the draft card out of his hand" was said more tongue in cheek. I don't think that was meant literally. I have no doubt that Jerry wanted to draft Manziel and had to be talked out of it but I doubt he actually had the Manziel card in hand and it had to be wrestled away from him.

The passing on Maniel and drafting of Zach Martin is just more evidence that Jerry no longer has the final say on draft picks. Will McClay has been running the draft the last couple of years and I believe Stephen now has the final say on who the Cowboys draft.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#17 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:18 pm

Mr B wrote:
Jarntt wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:I don't know. Wanting him & considering drafting him in our spot is two different things. I never thought we were ever close to drafting him.

I think "had to take the draft card out of his hand" was said more tongue in cheek. I don't think that was meant literally. I have no doubt that Jerry wanted to draft Manziel and had to be talked out of it but I doubt he actually had the Manziel card in hand and it had to be wrestled away from him.

The passing on Maniel and drafting of Zach Martin is just more evidence that Jerry no longer has the final say on draft picks. Will McClay has been running the draft the last couple of years and I believe Stephen now has the final say on who the Cowboys draft.

And hopefully McClay is rewarded handsomely for his work to date. Sure would hate to lose him.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Jarntt
Senior

Post#18 » by Jarntt » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:32 am

Mr B wrote:
Jarntt wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:I don't know. Wanting him & considering drafting him in our spot is two different things. I never thought we were ever close to drafting him.

Agree. I didn't either. There is no "draft card" in the war room, it was in radio city. But Jerry absolutely has final say on draft picks, always has and always will. That doesn't mean he won't pick someone else's guy over his own though. He certainly has been taking the advice of others the last few years...Thank God...
Jarntt
Senior

Post#19 » by Jarntt » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:32 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Jarntt wrote:

Yes, the McClay/Garrett combo has been great
And hopefully McClay is rewarded handsomely for his work to date. Sure would hate to lose him.
Eiknarflin
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#20 » by Eiknarflin » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:35 am

Hey guys, this is a thought, and it's just a thought...

I wonder if they didn't hype this Manziel thing up a bit. I'm not sure for what purpose. Perhaps it was just to keep people thinking that Jerry is still running things with his delusional mindset. Maybe - just maybe - it gives us a slight advantage for the other 31 teams to think that Jerry is still in control of things with his "off the rocker" approach.

I know I could be way off base here, but there was nothing about Manziel that I found even remotely interesting. Not only was he a punk in college, but he wasn't even close to being a good qb. Yes, he played in the SEC, but too many of his games were against subpar teams. He wasn't disciplined. He wasn't accurate. He wasn't even fun to watch (IMO). He could run, and that's what he did as soon as any pressure got to him.

Surely even Jerry is smart enough to know that the guy isn't an NFL caliber player.

Here's to hoping, anyways. If I'm wrong, then I'm damn sure glad someone else is the voice of reason in Dallas.

Return to Dallas Cowboys