ImageImageImageImage

This I am not happy to hear

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Post#1 » by Schmoopy1000 » Sat Mar 7, 2015 8:42 am

Free agent CB Byron Maxwell said he'd "definitely" consider signing with the Eagles.
Philadelphia seems like the overwhelming favorite for Maxwell. They play a ton of Cover 3 with a single-high safety, leaving their corners in man coverage on the outside. It's the scheme in which Maxwell excelled in Seattle. The Eagles are sitting on a pile of cash after ridding their roster of veterans this past week. Maxwell is expected to command $10 million per year.

I would have taken Maxwell in a heart beat.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,304

Re: This I am not happy to hear 

Post#2 » by NoStatsGuy » Sat Mar 7, 2015 9:29 am

He considers ATL aswell. He is pretty high on them, at least thats what i read. Hes not set on Philly at all, i think. But then theres still Jackson and Flowers. The eagles will get one of the top corners, becasue they will pay a lot. Dallas should still be better than the eagles if they cant get a mariota
im bout dat action boss
Jarntt
Senior
And1: 37

Post#3 » by Jarntt » Sat Mar 7, 2015 1:41 pm

I don't get the love for Maxwell at all. I'm not saying he's not a good player, but he is playing next to 3 perennial Pro Bowlers in the secondary and on a team with a good pass rush too. Buyer beware. Giving Maxwell a $10M per year long term deal will be a big mistake IMO.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,954

Post#4 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 7, 2015 4:36 pm

Honestly if I'm a defensive FA the ONLY reason I'd go to Philly is for the money. Whoever goes there is going to suck. That coaching staff gives their defense zero help. Their offense is coached to fly up and down the field. Ball control is nowhere in their vocabulary. I would bet that their defense spends more time on the field than any defense in the NFL. By the second half their defense is wore out.

As for them getting Mariota... I really hope they do trade up to get him. He's going to be an absolute bust in the NFL. He's got RGIII written all over him. All that running around will get him killed in the NFL just like it did with Griffin.
ncmalko1
Junior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by ncmalko1 » Sat Mar 7, 2015 8:37 pm

Jarntt wrote:I don't get the love for Maxwell at all. I'm not saying he's not a good player, but he is playing next to 3 perennial Pro Bowlers in the secondary and on a team with a good pass rush too. Buyer beware. Giving Maxwell a $10M per year long term deal will be a big mistake IMO.

THIS
Schmoopy1000
Junior

Post#6 » by Schmoopy1000 » Sat Mar 7, 2015 8:50 pm

Well I disagree. He gets challenged all the time because of the other defenders. he plays man to man & succeeds every week. Someone will get a badass CB in my opinion. I get stuck watching seahawk football on a weekly basis. Would love to be paying him instead of paying Carr.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#7 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 7, 2015 11:22 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Well I disagree. He gets challenged all the time because of the other defenders. he plays man to man & succeeds every week. Someone will get a badass CB in my opinion. I get stuck watching seahawk football on a weekly basis. Would love to be paying him instead of paying Carr.

If you put a pass rush like that in front of Carr and you'll see a much different player than what we've seen. Not saying I want to keep Carr just saying that a dominant pass rush will make any corner light years better. Look at Terrance Newman since he's been in Cincy. He absolutely sucked ass while in Dallas yet has had a pretty good career in Cincy
Manster7588
Senior
And1: 28

Post#8 » by Manster7588 » Sun Mar 8, 2015 1:00 am

Mr B wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:Well I disagree. He gets challenged all the time because of the other defenders. he plays man to man & succeeds every week. Someone will get a badass CB in my opinion. I get stuck watching seahawk football on a weekly basis. Would love to be paying him instead of paying Carr.

If you put a pass rush like that in front of Carr and you'll see a much different player than what we've seen. Not saying I want to keep Carr just saying that a dominant pass rush will make any corner light years better. Look at Terrance Newman since he's been in Cincy. He absolutely sucked ass while in Dallas yet has had a pretty good career in Cincy

Agree Maxwell has a great pass rush helping him and with Sherman on the other side the S can give Maxwell help too. Not saying Maxwell is not better than Carr, but I'll wait and see if he's all that. Lets see what he is with out all that talent around him. Plus Kelly might not be an Aderall pusher.
ncmalko1
Junior
And1: 0

Post#9 » by ncmalko1 » Sun Mar 8, 2015 2:03 am

FYI, Philly website reporting they made offers to him (Maxwell) and McCourty.
Schmoopy1000
Junior

Post#10 » by Schmoopy1000 » Sun Mar 8, 2015 2:52 am

ncmalko1 wrote:FYI, Philly website reporting they made offers to him (Maxwell) and McCourty.

well it has to make you feel good they are seriously looking to help their defense.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#11 » by Mr B » Mon Mar 9, 2015 4:43 am

McCourty agreed to resign with the Pats today.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 9, 2015 10:37 pm

Mr B wrote:Honestly if I'm a defensive FA the ONLY reason I'd go to Philly is for the money. Whoever goes there is going to suck. That coaching staff gives their defense zero help. Their offense is coached to fly up and down the field. Ball control is nowhere in their vocabulary. I would bet that their defense spends more time on the field than any defense in the NFL. By the second half their defense is wore out.

As for them getting Mariota... I really hope they do trade up to get him. He's going to be an absolute bust in the NFL. He's got RGIII written all over him. All that running around will get him killed in the NFL just like it did with Griffin.

I totally agree brother, amen. I said the same thing last week but a Egal troll told me I knew more than Chip Kelly. If Chip gets his way he will sell the farm to get Mariotta and have a team full of Oregon Ducks playing in the smash mouth NFC east.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 9, 2015 10:43 pm

Mr B wrote:

Been saying this for the past 2 seasons. The problem is not our Cb's, its the damn D-line and lack of production from the LBer's. t give a damn what the other guys say, I'm tired of Qb's getting 6 to 9 seconds to find an open receiver because we don't have Lb's that can cover and a D-line that has been useless getting to the QB.
Jarntt
Senior
And1: 37

Post#14 » by Jarntt » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:35 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Been saying this for the past 2 seasons. The problem is not our Cb's, its the damn D-line and lack of production from the LBer's. t give a damn what the other guys say, I'm tired of Qb's getting 6 to 9 seconds to find an open receiver because we don't have Lb's that can cover and a D-line that has been useless getting to the QB.

If QBs are using 6 to 9 seconds we have the greatest cover LBs and DBs in history!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:56 am

Sometimes I wonder if you and I watch the same game or just have different philosophy's and approach to building our team.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#16 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:52 am

The most successful teams in NFL history were built from the inside out. If you can dominate the line of scrimmage your team will succeed. You need to make the QB forced to get rid of the ball before he takes that 4th or 5th step in his drop back. Most the time he will either make a bad decision or be forced to take the sack.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:32 pm

Mr B wrote:The most successful teams in NFL history were built from the inside out. If you can dominate the line of scrimmage your team will succeed. You need to make the QB forced to get rid of the ball before he takes that 4th or 5th step in his drop back. Most the time he will either make a bad decision or be forced to take the sack.

Pounding that into Jerry's head is another story.
Schmoopy1000
Junior

Post#18 » by Schmoopy1000 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:02 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:The most successful teams in NFL history were built from the inside out. If you can dominate the line of scrimmage your team will succeed. You need to make the QB forced to get rid of the ball before he takes that 4th or 5th step in his drop back. Most the time he will either make a bad decision or be forced to take the sack.

hey he finally worked on the O-line. That is half the trenches. Now time to work on the other side of the trenches :nod:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#19 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

hey he finally worked on the O-line. That is half the trenches. Now time to work on the other side of the trenches :nod:

Totally agree. DL is our most pressing need IMO.

Return to Dallas Cowboys