ImageImageImageImage

Cowboys don

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Cowboys don 

Post#1 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Mar 8, 2015 5:44 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/08/cowboys-dont-give-sterling-moore-a-restricted-free-agent-tender/

Sure hope there's a plan here. Because letting arguably the second best CB on the team leave doesn't seem to be much of one.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,019

Cowboys don 

Post#2 » by Mr B » Mon Mar 9, 2015 4:26 am

He may have been the second best CB on the team this year but let's be honest, that's not saying much. They can definitely find a better player to replace him. Hell they may even be able to resign him for less than what they would have had to if he were tendered.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Re: Cowboys don 

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Mar 9, 2015 12:04 pm

Mr B wrote:He may have been the second best CB on the team this year but let's be honest, that's not saying much. They can definitely find a better player to replace him. Hell they may even be able to resign him for less than what they would have had to if he were tendered.

Absolutely no argument with you about the state of the Cowboys CB scene. I seriously doubt he comes back though. There are more than a few openings out there.
Mr B
RealGM

Cowboys don 

Post#4 » by Mr B » Mon Mar 9, 2015 1:43 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
Mr B wrote:He may have been the second best CB on the team this year but let's be honest, that's not saying much. They can definitely find a better player to replace him. Hell they may even be able to resign him for less than what they would have had to if he were tendered.

Absolutely no argument with you about the state of the Cowboys CB scene. I seriously doubt he comes back though. There are more than a few openings out there.

True, it's very possible they draft a guy in the first round. Then after the first wave of FA's are signed the Cowboys find a bargain CB on the market. Or even wait late into free agency and find a guy like they did with Moore.
Jarntt
Senior
And1: 37

Post#5 » by Jarntt » Mon Mar 9, 2015 2:30 pm

I still expect Moore back. This doesn't make any sense to me. Guy is worth more to us than any other team right now IMO.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Mar 9, 2015 3:47 pm

They don't tender Moore... they do tender Lance Dunbar.

I just don't get it.
Jarntt
Senior

Post#7 » by Jarntt » Mon Mar 9, 2015 4:34 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:They don't tender Moore... they do tender Lance Dunbar.

I just don't get it.

I'm assuming (hoping) it's nothing more than Dallas thinks they can get Moore back for less than $1.5M.
Mr B
RealGM

Cowboys don 

Post#8 » by Mr B » Mon Mar 9, 2015 6:08 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:They don't tender Moore... they do tender Lance Dunbar.

I just don't get it.

Yea I definitely do not understand the tender for Dunbar. Are 3 plays per game worth $1.5 mil?

I expect the Cowboys to draft a guy this year and when you factor in Tyler Patmon should get more snaps this year and the return of Carr, and Scandrick, Moore would be the 4th CB at best. $1.5 mil is too much for a 4th CB. They can definitely get a guy to do just as well for less money. I'd rather they spend that money on an extra DL.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,284

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 9, 2015 10:46 pm

Go all out on the D-line. No arguments from me if we take that route.
Jarntt
Senior

Post#10 » by Jarntt » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:37 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Go all out on the D-line. No arguments from me if we take that route.

In an ideal situation a pass rusher we love falls to us in the first
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:52 am

Even though it looks like Suh is going to Miami, I'm still desperately hoping we go DT. Like what I see in Selvie and Lawrence, I want a bad assed DT PLEASE.
Mr B
RealGM

Cowboys don 

Post#12 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:55 am

The guy I've heard the Cowboys will target in FA is DT Stephen Paea from Chicago.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:04 am

I don't know much about him. But that DT from the Ravens that Jarnett mentioned the other night has caught my eye as well.
Jarntt
Senior

Post#14 » by Jarntt » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:05 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Even though it looks like Suh is going to Miami, I'm still desperately hoping we go DT. Like what I see in Selvie and Lawrence, I want a bad assed DT PLEASE.

Not so sure Selvie is back. Here is a kind of "fool me once" thought. Don't be surprised if Spencer is back. He actually played well at the end of the year. The tough part is deciding if it was because he was getting healthier or was thinking about his 2015 salary...
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:12 am

I don't have to tell you my feelings regarding Spencer. I've wanted to get rid of him since the posting days of ESPN.
Mr B
RealGM

Cowboys don 

Post#16 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:02 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I don't know much about him. But that DT from the Ravens that Jarnett mentioned the other night has caught my eye as well.

You talking about Ngata? I personally have always love the way the guy plays but he's a 1 tech so unless he's willing to sign extremely cheap I don't see it happening. The Cowboys don't much value 1 tech DT's like Ngata or Wolfork.
Jarntt
Senior

Post#17 » by Jarntt » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:26 am

My comment on Ngata was based on talk that he may be released for cap reasons. Hes not a FA.

But, He is not solely a 1 Tech. He is older now, but he played some 3 with Balt in some packages in the past and he even played some DE, so he can play either DT spot in our defense. But, we like Crawford at the 3 and I don't see us spending big $s on an under tackle to move Crawford to DE. But, I think we would think about it if the right situation came up either in FA or the draft. If we sign a DT, I expect it to be a guy that is more a 1 Tech that can get some push up the middle and this team does love position flex.

Most likely We probably only make small moves on the DL unless we lose out on Murray and love a guy like Orakpo or some other DE that can get a lot of pressure as clearly that was a spot last year that needed upgrading.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:47 pm

In other CB news that made me chuckle... I offer this;

http://fansided.com/2015/03/10/antonio- ... e-cowboys/

Not saying he wouldn't be an improvement... but if we weren't going to tender Moore at $1.5M, I'm pretty certain Cromartie and his kids will be out of Stephen's price point also.

Return to Dallas Cowboys