Hoopla

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Hoopla 

Post#21 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jun 2, 2015 11:59 am

Manster7588 wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:Too bad. Other than being malware-infested and managed by some of the most unscrupulous people on the Internet, Hoopla seems like such a nice place.

Hog, we're you on the hoop?

Sorry Manster - I was away on company business and it wasn't like this place was buzzing when I left. Too bad actually - It's OK here.

Yes. I was at the Hoop. I was there for a month or so. Then I left. Then I watched PDay, you and CC get banned. Then I watched UBP, Displaced Texan and backroads get banned. Then I came back for a very short time only to watch other people I know get banned... and watched two guys get redirected to a Meatspin site where their PC's were infected with a virus... and watched someone I know personally (not the one you think - someone else) get accused of some pretty disgusting stuff that I know for a fact wasn't true. At that point, I had my grandson write down 13 characters of gibbirish that I used as a password, cleaned out my profile, signed off and shredded the piece of paper with the gibbirish on it. I then came here because RTO had posted that you guys were here and used my #2 alias of an obscure band leader from Rainbow Valley. That's all.

UBP, backroads, Displaced Texan and I have a new home. Cowboys forums are dead there but I try to keep the fire burning. I want to talk Cowboys - I come here. And - you guys know your Cowboys. Anyone trying to deny that isn't paying attention.

I won't ever go back to the Hoop. Ever. Won't even troll it. It's not about you guys. It's about the people who run it. They aren't honest. If they were, they would admit they used Cali to do their dirty work instead of being men. I realize I may be missing out on the fine work of this "Greg" y'all refer to. I'll survive.

I won't pollute this site with further Hoopla garbage. It isn't appropriate.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Manster7588
Senior
And1: 28

Post#22 » by Manster7588 » Wed Jun 3, 2015 1:16 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:Too bad. Other than being malware-infested and managed by some of the most unscrupulous people on the Internet, Hoopla seems like such a nice place.

Sorry Manster - I was away on company business and it wasn't like this place was buzzing when I left. Too bad actually - It's OK here.

Yes. I was at the Hoop. I was there for a month or so. Then I left. Then I watched PDay, you and CC get banned. Then I watched UBP, Displaced Texan and backroads get banned. Then I came back for a very short time only to watch other people I know get banned... and watched two guys get redirected to a Meatspin site where their PC's were infected with a virus... and watched someone I know personally (not the one you think - someone else) get accused of some pretty disgusting stuff that I know for a fact wasn't true. At that point, I had my grandson write down 13 characters of gibbirish that I used as a password, cleaned out my profile, signed off and shredded the piece of paper with the gibbirish on it. I then came here because RTO had posted that you guys were here and used my #2 alias of an obscure band leader from Rainbow Valley. That's all.

UBP, backroads, Displaced Texan and I have a new home. Cowboys forums are dead there but I try to keep the fire burning. I want to talk Cowboys - I come here. And - you guys know your Cowboys. Anyone trying to deny that isn't paying attention.

I won't ever go back to the Hoop. Ever. Won't even troll it. It's not about you guys. It's about the people who run it. They aren't honest. If they were, they would admit they used Cali to do their dirty work instead of being men. I realize I may be missing out on the fine work of this "Greg" y'all refer to. I'll survive.

I had to go back because the boards have became an addiction to me. I will continue to post here but my addiction needs to be fed more than this board provides.

In a weird way I missed the conflict with other fan bases, and I guess a few cowboy fans. Some go overboard but for me I never had it as bad as the poster you are talking about. I know my banning was due to my not bowing to the FN folks, so I am trying not to get to involved with them.

I really liked Cali until she banned one of our posters for posting a relitivly light remark on our board. Never did I see that coming. No proof but I think she has been told to stay off the Cowboys board seeing she hasn't posted there soon after all the bannings.

Hope you keep posting here as I will too.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jun 3, 2015 11:58 pm

Manster7588 wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:

I had to go back because the boards have became an addiction to me. I will continue to post here but my addiction needs to be fed more than this board provides.

In a weird way I missed the conflict with other fan bases, and I guess a few cowboy fans. Some go overboard but for me I never had it as bad as the poster you are talking about. I know my banning was due to my not bowing to the FN folks, so I am trying not to get to involved with them.

I really liked Cali until she banned one of our posters for posting a relitivly light remark on our board. Never did I see that coming. No proof but I think she has been told to stay off the Cowboys board seeing she hasn't posted there soon after all the bannings.

Hope you keep posting here as I will too.

I plan on it, Manster. I have a sense we are in for an interesting season... and look forward to sharing it with Cowboys fans.
Manster7588
Senior

Post#24 » by Manster7588 » Thu Jun 4, 2015 3:26 am

Last time I was this hyped going into a season was 2008. Of course that didnt work out.
Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Post#25 » by Schmoopy1000 » Thu Jun 4, 2015 4:20 am

Manster7588 wrote:Last time I was this hyped going into a season was 2008. Of course that didnt work out.

I still think there is still some pretty big question marks/unknowns, so depending on how those end up. We could be happy or very unhappy.
Pass Rush being the #1 wonder.
Who is running the rock & how well is #2.
But I can see why you are pretty hyped.
Manster7588
Senior

Post#26 » by Manster7588 » Thu Jun 4, 2015 1:17 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:Last time I was this hyped going into a season was 2008. Of course that didnt work out.

I still think there is still some pretty big question marks/unknowns, so depending on how those end up. We could be happy or very unhappy.

Yes there's still question marks to be concerned about. As much as I am a glass half full person I am also a realist. I expect a good season from this team but I won't be too shocked if it's not a playoff team. The offense is top notch, but the D, that's another story I think the DE pass rush will be there but the run D, DB's and possible injuries are all questionable at best.
Jarntt
Senior
And1: 37

Post#27 » by Jarntt » Thu Jun 4, 2015 1:30 pm

Manster7588 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:

Yes there's still question marks to be concerned about. As much as I am a glass half full person I am also a realist. I expect a good season from this team but I won't be too shocked if it's not a playoff team. The offense is top notch, but the D, that's another story I think the DE pass rush will be there but the run D, DB's and possible injuries are all questionable at best.

3/4's full... :D
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jun 4, 2015 3:29 pm

The defense will be better... I "think". The rotations at DE look very promising. Hopeful Lee can stay healthy (still hard to digest he had about 20% of a ligament in there) and the rest of the LB Corp looks like they will complement the line well. The secondary is troublesome at this point but it's early and we have yet to see how Byron Jones impacts them. More to come there.

Agree with y'all - still have questions on who carries the pill. The good news is I think the offensive line has a legitimate chance to be better than last season. Much better. Hopeful that one of these guys at RB can take advantage of that and become the bell cow. Because the rest of the offense is just fine.

Losing Harris hurts the KR & PR teams... it will be interesting to see who emerges there. Lots of good candidates...

I'm really excited about this group. With good health, I can see expectations for them going through the roof. I will remain hopeful they gel and take care of their division first. The schedule looks favorable but we all know better than to base anything on what we saw last year.

Can't wait for next month.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,230

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jun 4, 2015 10:57 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:

My only concern on offense is the running back position. Reports yesterday claim Williams is still having some problems with his knee and McFadden is already having hamstring issues. Christ, here we go already. No games have been played yet or even been hit, and were already having health issues at RB.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#30 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jun 4, 2015 11:04 pm

Jarntt wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:I still think there is still some pretty big question marks/unknowns, so depending on how those end up. We could be happy or very unhappy.

Barring injury and health, this IS A PLAYOFF TEAM.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jun 5, 2015 2:34 am

Vegas has the Cowboys win total at 9.5...

I would have to go grab the over on this.
Manster7588
Senior

Post#32 » by Manster7588 » Fri Jun 5, 2015 2:38 am

Jarntt wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:I still think there is still some pretty big question marks/unknowns, so depending on how those end up. We could be happy or very unhappy.

I could see that in me. Yes I'm an optimist, but I'm still realistic, just ask me I tell you.
Manster7588
Senior

Post#33 » by Manster7588 » Fri Jun 5, 2015 2:40 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:Vegas has the Cowboys win total at 9.5...

I would have to go grab the over on this.

Problem with future total bets are the payoffs are low, and the house holds your money while you wait.
Manster7588
Senior

Post#34 » by Manster7588 » Fri Jun 5, 2015 2:43 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:

My only concern on offense is the running back position. Reports yesterday claim Williams is still having some problems with his knee and McFadden is already having hamstring issues. Christ, here we go already. No games have been played yet or even been hit, and were already having health issues at RB.

Trust Joseph "Underoos" Randle. I think he steps right in and the team hardly misses a beat.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#35 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:46 pm

Manster7588 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Trust Joseph "Underoos" Randle. I think he steps right in and the team hardly misses a beat.

I'd like to trust him. He's a bit careless with the ball sometimes and has sloppy fumbles from time to time when popped. His attitude and some of his remarks rub me the wrong way at times. But the kid does have potential.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#36 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:57 pm

Wow, things sure slow around here in the off season. Nevertheless, I bet things are the same at the hoop. With not a whole lot going on right now, I bet the bantering and mud slinging is still going on between Malco and foreskin trollers. I see where Pday made a post in the smack talk thread about the behavior in the general forum. I couldn't resist so I read for awhile. I see his point. The old me would have been a bit upset with what they are getting away saying these day. The somewhat newer me is still saying I have no one to blame but myself despite defending myself vs. a cyber bully.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:57 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Wow, things sure slow around here in the off season. Nevertheless, I bet things are the same at the hoop. With not a whole lot going on right now, I bet the bantering and mud slinging is still going on between Malco and foreskin trollers. I see where Pday made a post in the smack talk thread about the behavior in the general forum. I couldn't resist so I read for awhile. I see his point. The old me would have been a bit upset with what they are getting away saying these day. The somewhat newer me is still saying I have no one to blame but myself despite defending myself vs. a cyber bully.

The only "news" anyone can muster up is Dez... and that's no news at all. That's good as far as I'm concerned. Let everyone else shoot their collective mouths off about whatever they "think" they know.

I'm really anticipating a quality season for our heroes. High quality.
Manster7588
Senior

Post#38 » by Manster7588 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:24 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Wow, things sure slow around here in the off season. Nevertheless, I bet things are the same at the hoop. With not a whole lot going on right now, I bet the bantering and mud slinging is still going on between Malco and foreskin trollers. I see where Pday made a post in the smack talk thread about the behavior in the general forum. I couldn't resist so I read for awhile. I see his point. The old me would have been a bit upset with what they are getting away saying these day. The somewhat newer me is still saying I have no one to blame but myself despite defending myself vs. a cyber bully.

Hoop is slow too at the moment. So slow I've resorted in being a troll on the general board. When the season starts I'll remain on Dallas boards.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#39 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:19 pm

With training camp around the corner, this will pick up shortly. I wonder if we should start a NCmalco/Egal hate and smack talk thread.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#40 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:56 am

I see he has already started with his bull chit drama already over the hoop.

Return to Dallas Cowboys