ImageImageImageImage

Tyrone Crawford

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Tyrone Crawford 

Post#1 » by Schmoopy1000 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:11 am

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said "sky is the limit" for fourth-year DT Tyrone Crawford.
PFF echoed that sentiment by calling Crawford "a secret superstar." After missing 2013 with a torn Achilles', Crawford emerged as a solid three technique last year in Rod Marinelli's 4-3 scheme. He made his presence felt as a pass-rusher by pressuring the quarterback 29 times. With Crawford entering a contract year, Jerry Jones will have to open up his checkbook to keep the talented 25-year-old in Dallas.

It would be nice to have some good news on our interior DL.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Tyrone Crawford 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:29 pm

The chatter coming out of OTA's was about him. One article after another. Hope the kid stays healthy. We haven't had an anchor at DT in a long time. Had some really quality guys... but he has the makings of a legitimate "anchor".
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,282

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:36 pm

If Crawford has a big year for us, we will go very deep in the playoffs this year.
Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Post#4 » by Schmoopy1000 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:42 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:If Crawford has a big year for us, we will go very deep in the playoffs this year.

if he has a big year for us, we should dominate the trenches :nod:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:46 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said "sky is the limit" for fourth-year DT Tyrone Crawford.
PFF echoed that sentiment by calling Crawford "a secret superstar." After missing 2013 with a torn Achilles', Crawford emerged as a solid three technique last year in Rod Marinelli's 4-3 scheme. He made his presence felt as a pass-rusher by pressuring the quarterback 29 times. With Crawford entering a contract year, Jerry Jones will have to open up his checkbook to keep the talented 25-year-old in Dallas.

With our schedule this year, defending the run on defense will be key. And yes, and anchor at DT would be great. Would be nice to be in the top 5 stopping the run. Then we can unleash our pass rushers if we can make opponents one dementional.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:42 pm

We'll find out about our run defense pretty quick. By the time those first two games are done, we'll know.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:21 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:We'll find out about our run defense pretty quick. By the time those first two games are done, we'll know.

That is if you think the Giants and Egals are a true measuring stick. I sure the hell don't. I want to know what we have now vs. the best. Too bad we can't open up with the Packers. Find out right out of the gate against the best qb in the business.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:56 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:We'll find out about our run defense pretty quick. By the time those first two games are done, we'll know.

That is if you think the Giants and Egals are a true measuring stick. I sure the hell don't. I want to know what we have now vs. the best. Too bad we can't open up with the Packers. Find out right out of the gate against the best qb in the business.

I "think" that the Iggles plan on running and running and running and running...

We manage them - we should be OK.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:43 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I "think" that the Iggles plan on running and running and running and running...

I fully expect this upcoming season the Egals will be doing a lot of crying and crying and crying. :falloff:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:That is if you think the Giants and Egals are a true measuring stick. I sure the hell don't. I want to know what we have now vs. the best. Too bad we can't open up with the Packers. Find out right out of the gate against the best qb in the business.

I fully expect this upcoming season the Egals will be doing a lot of crying and crying and crying. :falloff:

Nothing would make me happier... and I mean that in the most sincere way possible.

Although - if the ViQueens met a similar fate at the same time that might be more joy than a person should be allowed.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:30 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said "sky is the limit" for fourth-year DT Tyrone Crawford.

Another failed experiment. I hope he saves the $$ for future draft picks.

Return to Dallas Cowboys