ImageImageImageImage

Time for Cowboy Nation to rebel.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,282

Time for Cowboy Nation to rebel. 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:20 am

Stop buying tickets, stop going to the home games, fill the sports air waves with total disgust, write numerous editorials all offseason, stop buying Cowboy merchandise and jerseys, etc., Time to send the owner and Gm a message. This isn't he Cowboys. This isn't the tradition and what we are all about. It doesn't take 20 years to rebuild a franchise this rich in resources and history. We are not America's team anymore, far from it. We now have a 20+ year resume to go by since Jimmy was fired and the first self-destructing contract (Sanders) took place. All downhill since. Told everyone 3 years ago it would be 7 years before being truly relevant and not mediocure, providing drafts, etc., all went well. Now its 3 years down and 4 to go. I wish I was wrong about :ouch: this old prediction.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Time for Cowboy Nation to rebel. 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:17 pm

I wrote a little Op-Ed piece on this particular topic a few weeks ago at the forum I settled down with and now call home. My feelings about Mr. Jones are made abundantly clear as well as what it might take to get his attention. Gonna take way more than tickets and t-shirts, BJJ. A lot more.

http://sportschatter.co/thread/1583/jerry-attention
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:39 pm

Is the forum you call home more active than this one? Now that I don't have 41 fantasy football teams to juggle every week, I have more time for posting and chatting.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Jan 2, 2016 2:53 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Is the forum you call home more active than this one? Now that I don't have 41 fantasy football teams to juggle every week, I have more time for posting and chatting.

Wish I could say yes... but not really. Lots of hockey talk but there are only a couple of us Cowboys fans... and a friend who absolutely loathes the Cowboys. He's a Queens fan. Most of the activity is on the private forums. The owner and most of the guys there are ex-Hoop members who were kicked off by Justin and his gang of goons... like most of us from FN who post there. But everyone there is friendly and gets along. As far as my buddy and his hate toward the Cowboys, I make him feel better by posting some of the Vikings playoff success stories.

Good natured crotch kicking.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 3, 2016 1:13 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:I wrote a little Op-Ed piece on this particular topic a few weeks ago at the forum I settled down with and now call home. My feelings about Mr. Jones are made abundantly clear as well as what it might take to get his attention. Gonna take way more than tickets and t-shirts, BJJ. A lot more.

So in your forum travels or life travels I should say, have you heard of any good ideas from anyone as of yet? I'm all ears as part of Cowboy Nation in voicing, protesting and showing my total whole displeasure for our current situation. It doesn't take 20 years to rebuild a franchise like ours. Any other GM would have been fired many years ago.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jan 4, 2016 2:33 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:I wrote a little Op-Ed piece on this particular topic a few weeks ago at the forum I settled down with and now call home. My feelings about Mr. Jones are made abundantly clear as well as what it might take to get his attention. Gonna take way more than tickets and t-shirts, BJJ. A lot more.

So in your forum travels or life travels I should say, have you heard of any good ideas from anyone as of yet? I'm all ears as part of Cowboy Nation in voicing, protesting and showing my total whole displeasure for our current situation. It doesn't take 20 years to rebuild a franchise like ours. Any other GM would have been fired many years ago.

We all know that Jerry isn't going anywhere and as long as he continues to reap the benefits of owning the Cowboys he doesn't feel compelled to change the way he does business. It's going to take the Cowboys becoming irrelevant before he changes. But - they are the most valuable sports franchise in THE WORLD! That doesn't scream irrelevant. He is willing to live off those three Super Bowl wins.

Meanwhile, the damn Redskins win the division and are starting to look like they can actually draft and develop players.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:25 pm

FINALLY!!!!!! Troy Aikman speaks out against the current state of affair with the Dallas Cowboys. Finally someone in a position to make a difference and call it the way it is. Wish Troy or someone else in his position would have stepped up and said something 3 years ago when I said the same thing. Organizationally, we need to make serious changes or it will be a very long time before the Cowboys are relevant. You can tell, reading between the lines in his vanilla comments, he was taking a rip at Jerry. There was also another shot about how Jerry avoids big-time coaches.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Post#8 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:00 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Jerry has said himself that if he had a GM that got the same results he has had he would have fired him by now. He owns the team though so he will not give up the GM. It doesn't matter what anyone says or does or how many people stop showing up to games... He owns the team. It's his toy. No one will ever be able to convince him he shouldn't be the GM.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:05 am

Then I guess, its till death do us part than, when it comes to Jerry and winning another Super Bowl.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:50 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Then I guess, its till death do us part than, when it comes to Jerry and winning another Super Bowl.

Pretty much.

So - how 'bout them Celtics!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:59 pm

I'm kinda thinking Ainge must pull one of his triggers before the trade dead line. Has 2 first round draft choices to play with on top of it. Will also have the Nets #1 next year as well. Ainge just might be able to attract a nice piece here.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:01 pm

Actually, I'm REAL EXCITED about my Tar Heels. Barring injury, they should easily make final 4.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Feb 1, 2016 1:58 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm kinda thinking Ainge must pull one of his triggers before the trade dead line. Has 2 first round draft choices to play with on top of it. Will also have the Nets #1 next year as well. Ainge just might be able to attract a nice piece here.

Really happy how things turned out for Crowder. I liked him a lot here. Too bad it involved that cretin Rondo... but that's another story for another forum.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 1, 2016 2:46 am

Rondo is one of the biggest head cases I've ever seen in my life.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:03 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

We all know that Jerry isn't going anywhere and as long as he continues to reap the benefits of owning the Cowboys he doesn't feel compelled to change the way he does business. It's going to take the Cowboys becoming irrelevant before he changes. But - they are the most valuable sports franchise in THE WORLD! That doesn't scream irrelevant. He is willing to live off those three Super Bowl wins.

Meanwhile, the damn Redskins win the division and are starting to look like they can actually draft and develop players.

Looks like we will be tormented the next few years by the foreskins till we are relevant again. Oh, and by then, Romo should be completely done and our next Super Bowl QB, Prescott can finally bring us to the promised land.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#16 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:14 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Then I guess, its till death do us part than, when it comes to Jerry and winning another Super Bowl.

Hey Mr. B. and Roadhog. Before next season starts, I'm having a burn all things Dallas Cowboys party. I have almost 20 thousand dollars of Cowboy plaques, memorbelia and throw back jerseys going all the way back to 1965. If you want anything, let me know. :sigh:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Post#17 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:25 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Hey Mr. B. and Roadhog. Before next season starts, I'm having a burn all things Dallas Cowboys party. I have almost 20 thousand dollars of Cowboy plaques, memorbelia and throw back jerseys going all the way back to 1965. If you want anything, let me know. :sigh:

If you're serious I need to see pictures of the memorabilia.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:45 pm

You name it, I probably have it. I have currently 238 plaque boards in my blue room. 70 I believed are signed. I have many throwback jerseys as well: Lilly, Jordan, Howly, Renfro, Dorsett, Staubach, White, Pearson, Smith, Romo and others. Trash cans, Lamps, telephones, championship mugs. You name it, I have it. It would be easier if you told me the names or what you want. I can find it faster that way.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#19 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri May 6, 2016 12:07 am

I want to bring it up again, but you are right, it won't do any good.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri May 6, 2016 12:27 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

If you're serious I need to see pictures of the memorabilia.

Well I take 2 days off from the weekend Jerry hangover, come back and your not around. Its no fun in her :naaa: e unless your around more often keeping me straight and pulling my chain once in a while. Gee.

Return to Dallas Cowboys