ImageImageImageImage

Upcomming Free Agency, are we players?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Upcomming Free Agency, are we players? 

Post#101 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:39 am

Got the one FA I was hoping to get. Dunbar coming back. Looking forward to him being healthy and contributing again.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,019

Post#102 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:26 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:Got the one FA I was hoping to get. Dunbar coming back. Looking forward to him being healthy and contributing again.

Meh
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,284

Post#103 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:36 pm

Personally, RB is the one position on offense that is in need of an upgrade IMHO. Not comfortable going into next season with Dunbar and McFadden only.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#104 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:53 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Personally, RB is the one position on offense that is in need of an upgrade IMHO. Not comfortable going into next season with Dunbar and McFadden only.

And I remain confident they upgrade in the second round. I prefer McFadden as the backup they envisioned him to be.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#105 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:30 pm

Mr B wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:Got the one FA I was hoping to get. Dunbar coming back. Looking forward to him being healthy and contributing again.

Meh

I sense a lack of enthusiasm. Methinks you forget how good he was prior to getting hurt. His role in this offense was missing when he went down.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#106 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:32 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Meh

I sense a lack of enthusiasm. Methinks you forget how good he was prior to getting hurt. His role in this offense was missing when he went down.

Nope, I remember all too well how he played extremely well. He became a security blanket for Romo and the offense depended on his production. Then he did what he's done every year he's been in Dallas, he got injured. Leaving the team (and more importantly, Romo) F'd.

I would prefer that they bring someone else in to fill the role Dunbar has. I wanted them to go get Bilal Powell but I understand why they're not spending money in free agency. Why not give Ben Malena a chance? Or I hope they bring in another UFA and give him a legit chance to replace Dunbar. Someone that's reliable and doesn't have a history of getting injured every single year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#107 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:41 pm

You know guys, after thinking about it, I'm coming around to this Kenneth Dixon kid in round 3.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#108 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:You know guys, after thinking about it, I'm coming around to this Kenneth Dixon kid in round 3.

He's definitely got some skill and would be a huge playmaker for the team. He's an extremely good receiver out of the backfield. I could see him doing very similar things to what Dunbar brought to the team, only with more talent.

I'd be equally happy with either Devontae Booker or Alex Collins though.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#109 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:58 am

Finally - sanity.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/03/20/cowboys-vow-sticking-head-sand-free-agency?f=r

And - this comment from Stephen Jones;

"I get why people are concerned... But if they think we think that just because of injuries we went 4-12, that's not what we believe."

He's right.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#110 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:46 pm

Two great FA signings today at very good bargain price, Alfred Morris and Benson Mayowa. They will both be great additions. Morris is a great locker room guy, something else he brings, we could use as well. I bet his changes our draft out look now. I bet we don't take an RB now with our first pick.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#111 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:00 am

I agree BJJ. any temptation to consider a RB at #4 is gone.

Now we can focus on Defense... Or a trade.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#112 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:48 am

There is actually a chance that McFadden doesn't even make the team. First I think Morris will beat him out for the starting job. Morris' running style fits the zone blocking scheme the Cowboys like to run better than McFadden does. Also McFadden is bound to get hurt again during camp. If the Cowboys do draft a guy id be surprised if he makes the team.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#113 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:I agree BJJ. any temptation to consider a RB at #4 is gone.

I'm hoping it is defense. However I'm getting scared that we will screw up and draft a QB. That would ruin my upcoming season. I'd rather trade back if it means taking a QB at #4. I'm only interested in Buckner, who I really want most, Myles Jack or Billings. I'll be heart broken if its not one of those 3 in round 1.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#114 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:10 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:I agree BJJ. any temptation to consider a RB at #4 is gone.

I'm hoping it is defense. However I'm getting scared that we will screw up and draft a QB. That would ruin my upcoming season. I'd rather trade back if it means taking a QB at #4. I'm only interested in Buckner, who I really want most, Myles Jack or Billings. I'll be heart broken if its not one of those 3 in round 1.

With the report that they really like Lynch's workout yesterday I believe there's a chance that if he makes it past the Jets at 25 the Cowboys could trade back up in to the 1st round and take Lynch. Seattle has the 26th pick and Green Bay has the 27th pick. Personally I'd be more than happy if they did that.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#115 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:35 pm

Interesting nobody has made an offer to Hardy. This has been bugging me the past week and a half. We sign Thornton and Mayowa a couple weeks ago. Can't help wondering if Jerry is thinking in bringing him back on the dirt cheap if no one makes a move for him. If this is the case, then why the talk of Bosa unless to throw other's off. I'm getting a sick feeling the Cowboys want Ramsey.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#116 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:12 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Interesting nobody has made an offer to Hardy. This has been bugging me the past week and a half. We sign Thornton and Mayowa a couple weeks ago. Can't help wondering if Jerry is thinking in bringing him back on the dirt cheap if no one makes a move for him. If this is the case, then why the talk of Bosa unless to throw other's off. I'm getting a sick feeling the Cowboys want Ramsey.

I hate to say it but I think he would still be a possibility if he agreed to a vet min non-guaranteed deal. If he is still unsigned by the start of camp it would not surprise me if they signed him.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#117 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:56 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Interesting nobody has made an offer to Hardy. This has been bugging me the past week and a half. We sign Thornton and Mayowa a couple weeks ago. Can't help wondering if Jerry is thinking in bringing him back on the dirt cheap if no one makes a move for him. If this is the case, then why the talk of Bosa unless to throw other's off. I'm getting a sick feeling the Cowboys want Ramsey.

I hate to say it but I think he would still be a possibility if he agreed to a vet min non-guaranteed deal. If he is still unsigned by the start of camp it would not surprise me if they signed him.

And if they do I will lose my freaking mind. He is a locker room cancer and has no place on this team. And - even though I know this would never happen... if Jerry did sign him I would love to see Garrett resign immediately... and McClay leave and go to another team. Neither of those men deserve having Hardy shoved down their throats again.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#118 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:09 pm

Amen. I totally agree. But dealing with Jerry has always made me nervous with these kinds of football decisions. Remember, He fired the legendary Coach, Tom Landry day one of taking over America's Team. You remember him, the man who built the Cowboys.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#119 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Are you F'ing kidding me?

David Helman (@HelmanDC)
4/13/16, 11:18 AM
Cowboys confirm they've signed Jeff Heath to a four-year deal. Deadline to sign his restricted free agent tender was next week.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#120 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:56 pm

And you thought I was kidding a while back when mentioned a TE. I'm telling ya all, Witten is done as a impact player. And this is our future replacement? Wow.

Return to Dallas Cowboys