ImageImageImageImage

Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,358
And1: 428
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#41 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 4, 2016 8:16 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:If they decide to go defense though I don't want Bosa or Ramsey. I would rather they go DT. They should try to trade down a couple spots and draft DeForest Buckner. Then at 34 draft Andrew Billings. Adding those two stud DT's in the middle of that line would immediately make the entire defense better. Then get their RB in the 3rd (Alex Collins).

They would need to then go out and free agency and sign the absolute best backup QB they can find.

That's been pretty much my thinking right from the get go, as you well know from all my ranting, lol. I find it hard to believe Billings will fall that far. I still think he is the steal of the draft. But I would love that if it did happen. I might even try and do cart wheels in my older age. If he isn't there, a LB would also do fine with me. Don't know much about Alex Collins.


Collins is a really good RB. Right now he's rated as about the 4th best RB in the draft.
Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,358
And1: 428
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#43 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 5, 2016 6:51 am



What? They drafted a QB almost every year? The hell you say! And one was Captain America and the other was traded for the pick that became The Manster? Interesting concept.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#44 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 5, 2016 6:05 pm

What Landry did after the 1974 season was the most incredible half rebuild I've ever seen. Everyone thought we were going to suck after Lilly, Hayes, Green, Alworth, Ditka, Manders, Howley, Andrie and others, all called it quits. Landry drafted Harvey Marin in 1973, Ed Jones in 1974 and then the dirty dozen in 1975. Some of the dirty dozen included Randy White, Hollywood Henderson, Bob Breunig, Herb Scott, John Fitzgerald and others. Picked up Preston Pearson and we became the first wild card team to make the Super Bowl, only losing to the heavily favored Steelers by 4 points. Went down to the last minute of the game like the two Green Bay NFL championships in 1967. I can't remember who Landry traded the following year so we could get our final piece of the puzzle, Tony Dorsett. The only thing that stopped us from getting to more Super Bowls between 1981-1983, was Cliff Harris' retirement, Thomas Henderson's drug issues and Staubach forced to retire way too soon because of concussions. This was one of Landry's master piece moves although every time I see how Landry played the 1964 draft with the 4th over all pick. Traded it to the Steelers for their wr, then traded him away acquiring draft picks. It still amazing how Landry got Mel Renfro, Bob Hayes and Roger Staubach with those first 3 picks. WE have nobody since the Jerry Jones era that could even come close to even carrying Landry's briefcase today.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,484
And1: 657
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#45 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Mar 7, 2016 12:47 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:What Landry did after the 1974 season was the most incredible half rebuild I've ever seen. Everyone thought we were going to suck after Lilly, Hayes, Green, Alworth, Ditka, Manders, Howley, Andrie and others, all called it quits. Landry drafted Harvey Marin in 1973, Ed Jones in 1974 and then the dirty dozen in 1975. Some of the dirty dozen included Randy White, Hollywood Henderson, Bob Breunig, Herb Scott, John Fitzgerald and others. Picked up Preston Pearson and we became the first wild card team to make the Super Bowl, only losing to the heavily favored Steelers by 4 points. Went down to the last minute of the game like the two Green Bay NFL championships in 1967. I can't remember who Landry traded the following year so we could get our final piece of the puzzle, Tony Dorsett. The only thing that stopped us from getting to more Super Bowls between 1981-1983, was Cliff Harris' retirement, Thomas Henderson's drug issues and Staubach forced to retire way too soon because of concussions. This was one of Landry's master piece moves although every time I see how Landry played the 1964 draft with the 4th over all pick. Traded it to the Steelers for their wr, then traded him away acquiring draft picks. It still amazing how Landry got Mel Renfro, Bob Hayes and Roger Staubach with those first 3 picks. WE have nobody since the Jerry Jones era that could even come close to even carrying Landry's briefcase today.


Don't forget Randy Hughes. His career was derailed way too soon with the injuries. Had he stayed healthy he would be remembered in the same breath with Waters and Harris. The dude was every bit as good.
31 Unanswered Points
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,484
And1: 657
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#46 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Mar 7, 2016 12:49 pm



I'm looking forward to see where Prescott falls. Of all the QB's at the Senior Bowl I've heard of interaction with, it sounds like they were most impressed with Prescott. If he were there in the 3rd round, I would have to seriously consider him.
31 Unanswered Points
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#47 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 7, 2016 6:22 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:What Landry did after the 1974 season was the most incredible half rebuild I've ever seen. Everyone thought we were going to suck after Lilly, Hayes, Green, Alworth, Ditka, Manders, Howley, Andrie and others, all called it quits. Landry drafted Harvey Marin in 1973, Ed Jones in 1974 and then the dirty dozen in 1975. Some of the dirty dozen included Randy White, Hollywood Henderson, Bob Breunig, Herb Scott, John Fitzgerald and others. Picked up Preston Pearson and we became the first wild card team to make the Super Bowl, only losing to the heavily favored Steelers by 4 points. Went down to the last minute of the game like the two Green Bay NFL championships in 1967. I can't remember who Landry traded the following year so we could get our final piece of the puzzle, Tony Dorsett. The only thing that stopped us from getting to more Super Bowls between 1981-1983, was Cliff Harris' retirement, Thomas Henderson's drug issues and Staubach forced to retire way too soon because of concussions. This was one of Landry's master piece moves although every time I see how Landry played the 1964 draft with the 4th over all pick. Traded it to the Steelers for their wr, then traded him away acquiring draft picks. It still amazing how Landry got Mel Renfro, Bob Hayes and Roger Staubach with those first 3 picks. WE have nobody since the Jerry Jones era that could even come close to even carrying Landry's briefcase today.


Don't forget Randy Hughes. His career was derailed way too soon with the injuries. Had he stayed healthy he would be remembered in the same breath with Waters and Harris. The dude was every bit as good.

Funny you mentioned Randy Hughes, lol. I just got a signed photo of him getting an INT in Super Bowl XII over the weekend I purchased 2 weeks ago. It will shortly be framed and will be added to my blue room.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#48 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 7, 2016 6:33 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:


I'm looking forward to see where Prescott falls. Of all the QB's at the Senior Bowl I've heard of interaction with, it sounds like they were most impressed with Prescott. If he were there in the 3rd round, I would have to seriously consider him.

Want to hear something a bit funny? Got bored last night after the Maine Cauces, so I did some catch up reading last night at our old home. The one before before coming here. Looks like most have given up on the QB situation in the draft. Finally the few decent heads still over there, have convinced most that the "GUY" is not there this year's draft. Looks like the real good posters over there like Jarnett, Manster, snookdad and Schmoopy are coming around to either Jack or Buckkner. Some are content with Bosa if he is the pick. And still, half of them want a CB. Of those wanting a CB, they seem to be high on Heargreaves.
Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,358
And1: 428
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#49 » by Mr B » Mon Mar 7, 2016 8:57 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:


I'm looking forward to see where Prescott falls. Of all the QB's at the Senior Bowl I've heard of interaction with, it sounds like they were most impressed with Prescott. If he were there in the 3rd round, I would have to seriously consider him.

Want to hear something a bit funny? Got bored last night after the Maine Cauces, so I did some catch up reading last night at our old home. The one before before coming here. Looks like most have given up on the QB situation in the draft. Finally the few decent heads still over there, have convinced most that the "GUY" is not there this year's draft. Looks like the real good posters over there like Jarnett, Manster, snookdad and Schmoopy are coming around to either Jack or Buckkner. Some are content with Bosa if he is the pick. And still, half of them want a CB. Of those wanting a CB, they seem to be high on Heargreaves.


The problem with Hargraves is that he's only 5'9"-5'10". McClay prefers CB's closer to 6'0"-or above.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#50 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 7, 2016 9:13 pm

And I would never, and I mean never, waste a first round pick on a WR or CB.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,484
And1: 657
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#51 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Mar 8, 2016 12:50 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:What Landry did after the 1974 season was the most incredible half rebuild I've ever seen. Everyone thought we were going to suck after Lilly, Hayes, Green, Alworth, Ditka, Manders, Howley, Andrie and others, all called it quits. Landry drafted Harvey Marin in 1973, Ed Jones in 1974 and then the dirty dozen in 1975. Some of the dirty dozen included Randy White, Hollywood Henderson, Bob Breunig, Herb Scott, John Fitzgerald and others. Picked up Preston Pearson and we became the first wild card team to make the Super Bowl, only losing to the heavily favored Steelers by 4 points. Went down to the last minute of the game like the two Green Bay NFL championships in 1967. I can't remember who Landry traded the following year so we could get our final piece of the puzzle, Tony Dorsett. The only thing that stopped us from getting to more Super Bowls between 1981-1983, was Cliff Harris' retirement, Thomas Henderson's drug issues and Staubach forced to retire way too soon because of concussions. This was one of Landry's master piece moves although every time I see how Landry played the 1964 draft with the 4th over all pick. Traded it to the Steelers for their wr, then traded him away acquiring draft picks. It still amazing how Landry got Mel Renfro, Bob Hayes and Roger Staubach with those first 3 picks. WE have nobody since the Jerry Jones era that could even come close to even carrying Landry's briefcase today.


Don't forget Randy Hughes. His career was derailed way too soon with the injuries. Had he stayed healthy he would be remembered in the same breath with Waters and Harris. The dude was every bit as good.

Funny you mentioned Randy Hughes, lol. I just got a signed photo of him getting an INT in Super Bowl XII over the weekend I purchased 2 weeks ago. It will shortly be framed and will be added to my blue room.


Very nice...
31 Unanswered Points
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#52 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 8, 2016 6:25 pm

Dallas Morning news reported Cowboys have high interest in bringing in Colt McCoy or Chase Daniels for Tony Romo's back up. I believe there are quite a few of us in favor of McCoy. I just may get a little excited for next year after all!!
Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,358
And1: 428
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#53 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 8, 2016 8:59 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:And I would never, and I mean never, waste a first round pick on a WR or CB.


I might for a WR if they are in the class of Dez, Julio Jones, or AJ Green but definitely wouldn't draft a CB in the 1st. Especially if my team had zero pass rush.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#54 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:59 am

Redskins resign Colt McCoy and Chase Daniels signs with the Egals.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,484
And1: 657
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#55 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:09 pm

Matt Moore in for a look see...

All in all - I'd just keep Moore and move on. Better health and a real RB threat can do wonders for a limited QB.
31 Unanswered Points
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#56 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:28 pm

At this point, I remain the same. All out on defense, but I truly understand why we want and need an RB by round 3. QB merry go round is crazy since free agency started. I want to wait and see how the QB crap shakes out now. With today's news about Kaepernick wanting to go to Cleveland (which I don't understand), we just may be in a major, and I mean in a major position of extreme leverage, we just may be able to pull off something big here. Jets will be in play now that Denver is willing to trade with them. Rams will be players. I still see Titans taking Tunsel. Not sure what San Diego will do. But both Wentz and Goff just may be sitting there at #4. Someone will be willing to sell us the farm for our pick. That's what I'm hoping for.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,484
And1: 657
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#57 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:10 am

Dak Prescott arrested for DUI.

Dummy...
31 Unanswered Points
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#58 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:25 pm

Great judgement by a future QB that is only 44 days from signing a contract worth millions. The culture these guys come from is so disheartening.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#59 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:51 am

So guys, I see a true scenario developing if we stay at #4. You guys all know I want Buckner. MR. B wants Goff. How about the rest of you, and why? Its only 5 weeks away. Interested to hear some different thoughts for our team.
Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,358
And1: 428
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#60 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:09 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:So guys, I see a true scenario developing if we stay at #4. You guys all know I want Buckner. MR. B wants Goff. How about the rest of you, and why? Its only 5 weeks away. Interested to hear some different thoughts for our team.


Actually I want Wentz but I think he'll be gone by 4. Goff is option 1B for me.

Return to Dallas Cowboys