ImageImageImageImage

Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him

Moderator: Texas Chuck

User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,484
And1: 657
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#61 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:14 pm

I don't think Jerry can help himself. I still believe he'll trade down.
31 Unanswered Points
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#62 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:36 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:JUst announced about an hour ago, Jerry says Cowboys definitly not taking QB with first pick. Not sure if they are playing games with everyone, but Cowboys are telling us now that they are targeting Elliot. Unless you guys think he is the "GUY", I don't think this is a good pick for us at all. Do you guys see the next Dorsett or Smith in him? I don't.

I guess I saw the sign 23 days ago we were taking Elliot. I was wishing we went defense. Oh well.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#63 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:45 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:


I'm looking forward to see where Prescott falls. Of all the QB's at the Senior Bowl I've heard of interaction with, it sounds like they were most impressed with Prescott. If he were there in the 3rd round, I would have to seriously consider him.

Well now you have your QB. So we are super bowl bound !!!
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,484
And1: 657
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#64 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:05 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:


I'm looking forward to see where Prescott falls. Of all the QB's at the Senior Bowl I've heard of interaction with, it sounds like they were most impressed with Prescott. If he were there in the 3rd round, I would have to seriously consider him.

Well now you have your QB. So we are super bowl bound !!!


Well... I didn't exactly see us dominating the league as a result of one draft with all the holes we have. It didn't get this way overnight BJJ... and our heroes weren't going to be back to what we want to them to be overnight either. We added some pieces. Next year, we'll add some more. And as long as we stay away from wretched drafts like 2009 and 2010 (which we still haven't recovered from IMHO), it's only a matter of time.

Keep the faith Bro. And - remember this. As I learned 4 years ago when my wife and I heard the words "Well, we have a little cancer..." there are way bigger issues in the world than Jerry's ego. That's why I don't get too upset about the fact they used the last two 6th round picks on a damn RB and TE.
31 Unanswered Points
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#65 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:44 pm

Don't mind me today Roadhog. I'm just a little upset. I took the whole weekend off, so that Jerry might get lucky for the first time in 20 years, and have a good draft so I will be happy for just ONCE.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#66 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:58 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:I disagree BJJ. The question is where you find him. First things first though. Here is a list of QB's currently available for the 2016 draft. Rankings from Drafttek http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-QBs.asp

Rank School QB Class HT WT
1 Memphis Paxton Lynch JR 6'7" 245
2 California Jared Goff JR 6'4" 210
3 Michigan St Connor Cook SR 6'4" 219
4 North Dakota St Carson Wentz SR 6'6" 231
5 Stanford Kevin Hogan SR 6'4" 228
6 Ohio State Cardale Jones JR 6'5" 250
7 Western Kentucky Brandon Doughty SR 6'3" 220
8 TCU Trevone Boykin SR 6'2" 205
9 Penn State Christian Hackenberg JR 6'4" 234
10 Utah Travis Wilson SR 6'7" 233
11 USC Cody Kessler SR 6'1" 215
12 Mississippi St Dak Prescott SR 6'2" 230
13 North Carolina St Jacoby Brissett SR 6'4" 235
14 Indiana Nate Sudfeld SR 6'6" 240
15 Louisiana Tech Jeff Driskel SR 6'4" 231
16 UNC Marquise Williams SR 6'2" 225
17 Bowling Green Matt Johnson SR 6'0" 219
18 Cincinnati Gunner Kiel JR 6'4" 208
19 Ohio State J.T. Barrett RSS 6'2" 225
20 Michigan Jake Rudock SR 6'3" 208
21 Alabama Jacob Coker SR 6'5" 232
22 Oregon Vernon Adams Jr. SR 6'0" 200

Boy was I WRONG about this. I was so focused and horney for defensive help I never even looked at QB. -1 for me.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#67 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:04 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:


I'm looking forward to see where Prescott falls. Of all the QB's at the Senior Bowl I've heard of interaction with, it sounds like they were most impressed with Prescott. If he were there in the 3rd round, I would have to seriously consider him.

No response. Otis was right, I was wrong on this one. I still want a Dt and LB though.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,484
And1: 657
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#68 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:46 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:


I'm looking forward to see where Prescott falls. Of all the QB's at the Senior Bowl I've heard of interaction with, it sounds like they were most impressed with Prescott. If he were there in the 3rd round, I would have to seriously consider him.

No response. Otis was right, I was wrong on this one. I still want a Dt and LB though.


I was happy to get him... and happy he fell to us and our 4th Round Compensatory Pick!!! I looked forward to him holding a clipboard, learning from Romo, watching as we continued to draft and restock the team and being ready to roll in 2018.

I did not expect this. Not back in May and not back in August. And anyone who says they did is full of crap.
31 Unanswered Points
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#69 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:00 pm

Neither did I. I sure went at it pretty hard with Mr. B on this one before the draft. I wanted to go all out on defense. Mr. B said QB. I still want to draft defense but this turned out way better than I expected it would.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,484
And1: 657
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#70 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:13 pm

I'm sure there are one or two know-it-alls on the Hoop who will say they saw it coming. That's what they do.
31 Unanswered Points
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#71 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:37 pm

I spent a couple hours catching up on reading in the hoop because it was so dead in here last night and last Sunday. You must go back and read the smack talk thread. All I can say is wow the way they are going at it with foreskin fans. I have to give credit to Pday. Love how he defends Cowboy nation. Foreskin fans live in such an idealistic world. And they constantly and abusively troll the Cowboy forum. I guess when 75% of the mods are Redskin poster's, they get away with it. What a dumpster fire over there. Only Sea Chciken and Foreskin fans get away with that kind of murder. But like I know and you have already pointed out, the whole Hoopla forums are controlled by the Sea Hawk and foreskin mods. The threats, banter, rough language, etc is worse than it ever was or anything ever said by banned poster's. They make our smack talk thread seem like church goers.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,484
And1: 657
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#72 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:43 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I spent a couple hours catching up on reading in the hoop because it was so dead in here last night and last Sunday. You must go back and read the smack talk thread. All I can say is wow the way they are going at it with foreskin fans. I have to give credit to Pday. Love how he defends Cowboy nation. Foreskin fans live in such an idealistic world. And they constantly and abusively troll the Cowboy forum. I guess when 75% of the mods are Redskin poster's, they get away with it. What a dumpster fire over there. Only Sea Chciken and Foreskin fans get away with that kind of murder. But like I know and you have already pointed out, the whole Hoopla forums are controlled by the Sea Hawk and foreskin mods. The threats, banter, rough language, etc is worse than it ever was or anything ever said by banned poster's. They make our smack talk thread seem like church goers.


I went back there a couple of weeks ago. It's painful. I just don't have the stomach for that place. Wish them well.
31 Unanswered Points
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#73 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:00 pm

I'm over it. There are a few posters over there I miss chatting with. Don't let it be painful. They said as much s... behind my back as they did you. They don't like smart guys like us to challenge their inner circle. If you do, they gang up on you to the point of bullying. And even if we were right, the behind the scene, backdoor politics never gave us a chance. Oh well, their loss imho. For 3 years they all loved me on espn and the hoop. I say D. Ware was over rated and we would never win a championship with him, T. Romo and Witten would be only hall of famers without a ring, and that If it was up to me, I would blow up the team and rebuild. And that mean't getting rid of Romo, Witten, Ware and Dez and all those horrible contracts. Just having that that difference of opinion, was my death sentence. It was never the same, twist began to bully me with permission from a mod to try and set me up for over a month. Over a difference of opinion this all took place. Whats funny now, is most of what I said has come true. And Stephen Jones has done one hell of a job getting rid of these horrible, salary capped contracts, standing up to daddy and not allowing Johnny football to come hear and actually building something (like an O-line) instead of going for broke every year, getting nothing for investing and giving up draft picks. One more draft done the right way and we just may become a extremely dangerous team going into next season.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#74 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:51 pm

Mr B wrote:Based on those lists alone if they are going to take a QB in this draft they HAVE to take one with their first pick. Taking one in the second or 3rd is more than likely to be a wasted pick. You have a better chance of hitting on a QB the higher you take him.

Well MR. B, you said way back before the draft we needed to get a QB while I was screaming for defense. For the first time in years, I was sooooo wrong this time.
Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,358
And1: 428
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#75 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:58 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Based on those lists alone if they are going to take a QB in this draft they HAVE to take one with their first pick. Taking one in the second or 3rd is more than likely to be a wasted pick. You have a better chance of hitting on a QB the higher you take him.

Well MR. B, you said way back before the draft we needed to get a QB while I was screaming for defense. For the first time in years, I was sooooo wrong this time.


Yea I didn't trust Romo's healthy at all, and for good reason as it turned out. The guy I wanted was Wentz. Little did I know they would strike it rich at the end of the 4th round. And the fact they got Dak with a compensatory pick they got for losing Murray to the Eagles makes getting Dak that much sweeter.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#76 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:47 pm

I'm not sure even the Cowboys knew what they were going to get with Prescott. Remember, Jerry wanted to move up and get Lynch in the second round.
Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,358
And1: 428
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#77 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:07 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm not sure even the Cowboys knew what they were going to get with Prescott. Remember, Jerry wanted to move up and get Lynch in the second round.


He also tried to move up to draft Conner Cook but luckily the Raiders saved them from themselves. I also believe that if Kessler was still on the board when they took Dak he would have been the pick over Dak.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,484
And1: 657
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#78 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:59 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm not sure even the Cowboys knew what they were going to get with Prescott. Remember, Jerry wanted to move up and get Lynch in the second round.


He also tried to move up to draft Conner Cook but luckily the Raiders saved them from themselves. I also believe that if Kessler was still on the board when they took Dak he would have been the pick over Dak.


Sure am glad all those other teams saved the Cowboys from themselves.
31 Unanswered Points
Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,358
And1: 428
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#79 » by Mr B » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:10 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm not sure even the Cowboys knew what they were going to get with Prescott. Remember, Jerry wanted to move up and get Lynch in the second round.


He also tried to move up to draft Conner Cook but luckily the Raiders saved them from themselves. I also believe that if Kessler was still on the board when they took Dak he would have been the pick over Dak.


Sure am glad all those other teams saved the Cowboys from themselves.



That's why the fact they ended up with Dak makes him so special. I'm still in shock that he's turned out this good.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,484
And1: 657
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Gosselin: If Cowboys want Super Bowl QB, now is the time to draft him 

Post#80 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:34 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
He also tried to move up to draft Conner Cook but luckily the Raiders saved them from themselves. I also believe that if Kessler was still on the board when they took Dak he would have been the pick over Dak.


Sure am glad all those other teams saved the Cowboys from themselves.



That's why the fact they ended up with Dak makes him so special. I'm still in shock that he's turned out this good.


I think we all are.
31 Unanswered Points

Return to Dallas Cowboys