ImageImageImageImage

Draft Rumors !!!

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,426
And1: 439
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#181 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:51 pm

A guy to keep an eye on in the draft is DE Daeshon Hall from Texas A&M. If he has a strong Senior Bowl he should be projected to the later part of the 1st round. He was over shadowed by having to play on the other side of Myles Garrett but he has some real skill.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,104
And1: 520
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#182 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 2, 2017 5:51 pm

Mr B wrote:A guy to keep an eye on in the draft is DE Daeshon Hall from Texas A&M. If he has a strong Senior Bowl he should be projected to the later part of the 1st round. He was over shadowed by having to play on the other side of Myles Garrett but he has some real skill.

so for the second year in a row, I was unable to watch the Senior Bowl. Mr. B and Otis, did you see anything out there this year that could bring wonders to our defense? :banghead:
Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,426
And1: 439
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#183 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 2, 2017 6:25 pm

Actually I didn't get to watch it either. I'm hearing a few names to keep and eye on though. I'll go through my list and post a few names here.
Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,426
And1: 439
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#184 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 2, 2017 6:38 pm

Charles Harris from Missouri. He's one of those DE/OLB edge rushers that the Cowboys could be interested in.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,645
And1: 691
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#185 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Feb 3, 2017 2:21 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:A guy to keep an eye on in the draft is DE Daeshon Hall from Texas A&M. If he has a strong Senior Bowl he should be projected to the later part of the 1st round. He was over shadowed by having to play on the other side of Myles Garrett but he has some real skill.

so for the second year in a row, I was unable to watch the Senior Bowl. Mr. B and Otis, did you see anything out there this year that could bring wonders to our defense? :banghead:


Was out of the house. I'll probably start looking at Jeff Bowers' stuff after the combine. Until then there isn't much point. Plus I have Mavs and Stars competing for my time.
Image
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,645
And1: 691
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#186 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Feb 5, 2017 9:42 pm

Makes me smile.

Read on Twitter
Image
Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,426
And1: 439
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#187 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:38 am

A couple more names to keep an eye on.

DE Vidauntae "Taco" Charlton Michigan - 6'6" 273 lbs

DE Carl Lawson Auburn - 6'2" 260 lbs

Also a guy that could be there in the 3rd. TE Jake Butt Michigan - 6'6" 250 lbs.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,104
And1: 520
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#188 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Mr B wrote:A couple more names to keep an eye on.

DE Vidauntae "Taco" Charlton Michigan - 6'6" 273 lbs

DE Carl Lawson Auburn - 6'2" 260 lbs

Also a guy that could be there in the 3rd. TE Jake Butt Michigan - 6'6" 250 lbs.

I just heard about Taco Charlton today. Was hearing Mel Kiper and some mock draft guys talking about him today. Now he's the absolute type of kid I'd love to have on our team next year, for sure. Was going to ask you and Otis if you knew anything about him. I know Otis watches a lot of the Big 10 games. I'm an ACC freak.
Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,426
And1: 439
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#189 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:24 am

I don't really know much about any of these guys. I'll know more after the Combine which is in 2 weeks.

I do know that this draft is loaded with DE's. It's also looking like at pick #28 one of the DE's will be the best player on the board.

This draft also seems kind of deep in CB's. So there is also a chance that the team could go CB at pick 28. If the Cowboys do actually pursue and land a DE in free agency (doubtful) like JPP they will definitely go CB then with that first pick.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,104
And1: 520
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#190 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:42 am

Our D-line should be priority number 1. Don't we have that kid from Oklahoma coming back that we drafted last year?
Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,426
And1: 439
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#191 » by Mr B » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:57 am

Yea Charles Tapper should be ready for all the mini camps and training camp. He has a back issue that he will always have to deal with though from what I understand.

There is a chance that they could pursue a DE in free agency. So that could be why they end up taking a CB first. Either way though I think they take the best player regardless of position.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,104
And1: 520
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#192 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:12 am

It better be DEFENSE or I'm gonna have a Cowboy memorbelia burning.

Return to Dallas Cowboys