ImageImageImageImage

Draft Rumors !!!

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,956

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#181 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:51 pm

A guy to keep an eye on in the draft is DE Daeshon Hall from Texas A&M. If he has a strong Senior Bowl he should be projected to the later part of the 1st round. He was over shadowed by having to play on the other side of Myles Garrett but he has some real skill.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#182 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 2, 2017 5:51 pm

Mr B wrote:A guy to keep an eye on in the draft is DE Daeshon Hall from Texas A&M. If he has a strong Senior Bowl he should be projected to the later part of the 1st round. He was over shadowed by having to play on the other side of Myles Garrett but he has some real skill.

so for the second year in a row, I was unable to watch the Senior Bowl. Mr. B and Otis, did you see anything out there this year that could bring wonders to our defense? :banghead:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#183 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 2, 2017 6:25 pm

Actually I didn't get to watch it either. I'm hearing a few names to keep and eye on though. I'll go through my list and post a few names here.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#184 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 2, 2017 6:38 pm

Charles Harris from Missouri. He's one of those DE/OLB edge rushers that the Cowboys could be interested in.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#185 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Feb 3, 2017 2:21 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:A guy to keep an eye on in the draft is DE Daeshon Hall from Texas A&M. If he has a strong Senior Bowl he should be projected to the later part of the 1st round. He was over shadowed by having to play on the other side of Myles Garrett but he has some real skill.

so for the second year in a row, I was unable to watch the Senior Bowl. Mr. B and Otis, did you see anything out there this year that could bring wonders to our defense? :banghead:

Was out of the house. I'll probably start looking at Jeff Bowers' stuff after the combine. Until then there isn't much point. Plus I have Mavs and Stars competing for my time.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#186 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Feb 5, 2017 9:42 pm

Makes me smile.

Read on Twitter
Mr B
RealGM

Post#187 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:38 am

A couple more names to keep an eye on.

DE Vidauntae "Taco" Charlton Michigan - 6'6" 273 lbs

DE Carl Lawson Auburn - 6'2" 260 lbs

Also a guy that could be there in the 3rd. TE Jake Butt Michigan - 6'6" 250 lbs.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#188 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Mr B wrote:A couple more names to keep an eye on.

Also a guy that could be there in the 3rd. TE Jake Butt Michigan - 6'6" 250 lbs.

I just heard about Taco Charlton today. Was hearing Mel Kiper and some mock draft guys talking about him today. Now he's the absolute type of kid I'd love to have on our team next year, for sure. Was going to ask you and Otis if you knew anything about him. I know Otis watches a lot of the Big 10 games. I'm an ACC freak.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#189 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:24 am

I don't really know much about any of these guys. I'll know more after the Combine which is in 2 weeks.

I do know that this draft is loaded with DE's. It's also looking like at pick #28 one of the DE's will be the best player on the board.

This draft also seems kind of deep in CB's. So there is also a chance that the team could go CB at pick 28. If the Cowboys do actually pursue and land a DE in free agency (doubtful) like JPP they will definitely go CB then with that first pick.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#190 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:42 am

Our D-line should be priority number 1. Don't we have that kid from Oklahoma coming back that we drafted last year?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#191 » by Mr B » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:57 am

Yea Charles Tapper should be ready for all the mini camps and training camp. He has a back issue that he will always have to deal with though from what I understand.

There is a chance that they could pursue a DE in free agency. So that could be why they end up taking a CB first. Either way though I think they take the best player regardless of position.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#192 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:12 am

It better be DEFENSE or I'm gonna have a Cowboy memorbelia burning.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#193 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:48 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:A couple more names to keep an eye on.

I just heard about Taco Charlton today. Was hearing Mel Kiper and some mock draft guys talking about him today. Now he's the absolute type of kid I'd love to have on our team next year, for sure. Was going to ask you and Otis if you knew anything about him. I know Otis watches a lot of the Big 10 games. I'm an ACC freak.

For the first time in a long time, I'm happy with our first round draft pick !!!! :clap:
The Sparest
Bench Warmer
And1: 446

Post#194 » by The Sparest » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:39 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:For the first time in a long time, I'm happy with our first round draft pick !!!! :clap:

They have been killing it for the last 7 years (outside of Claiborne, which a lot of fans liked at the time).

Their second round picks on the other hand ... :(
AKA: Sparey Spareman
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#195 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:06 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:For the first time in a long time, I'm happy with our first round draft pick !!!! :clap:

Didn't love it... didn't hate it. Had to go DE at that point after the run started with Harris going. Figured it was either Taco or Watt and Taco fit our scheme better. Solid pick even though they didn't have him rated in the 1st round.

But... I kept watching Kevin King drop... and drop... and still dropping. A pipe dream that he would be there at 60. He's the CB I wanted and still do. Someone is getting a steal in the 2nd round with him. An absolute steal!
Mr B
RealGM

Post#196 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:15 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:

Didn't love it... didn't hate it. Had to go DE at that point after the run started with Harris going. Figured it was either Taco or Watt and Taco fit our scheme better. Solid pick even though they didn't have him rated in the 1st round.

But... I kept watching Kevin King drop... and drop... and still dropping. A pipe dream that he would be there at 60. He's the CB I wanted and still do. Someone is getting a steal in the 2nd round with him. An absolute steal!

To be fair they only had 18 players with 1st round grades and since we picked 28th any player we took wouldn't have had a 1st round grade.

I'm ok with the pick. He's a very solid DE with no character issues and no real health issues. I don't expect him to be this "war daddy" that Jerry was talking about but I think Taco could easily be as good as Jeffcoat or Ellis. At pick 28 that's not bad.

I would love Kevin King at 60. If Tyus Bowser makes it to 60 though I would seriously consider doubling up on the DE's. Bowser is a legit Right DE.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#197 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:12 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

To be fair they only had 18 players with 1st round grades and since we picked 28th any player we took wouldn't have had a 1st round grade.

I'm ok with the pick. He's a very solid DE with no character issues and no real health issues. I don't expect him to be this "war daddy" that Jerry was talking about but I think Taco could easily be as good as Jeffcoat or Ellis. At pick 28 that's not bad.

I would love Kevin King at 60. If Tyus Bowser makes it to 60 though I would seriously consider doubling up on the DE's. Bowser is a legit Right DE.

Plus-1 on Bowser! I think he could transition nicely from LB to a 4-3 DE.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#198 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:24 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Plus-1 on Bowser! I think he could transition nicely from LB to a 4-3 DE.

Malik McDowell and Zach Cunningham are two other guys I would strongly consider over CB if they are there at 60. Kevin King is the only sure fire CB I would take at 60 over Bowser, McDowell, or Cunningham. Loading up on the front 7 is going to make every CB already on the roster a much better player.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#199 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:12 pm

Mr B wrote:Malik McDowell and Zach Cunningham are two other guys I would strongly consider over CB if they are there at 60. Kevin King is the only sure fire CB I would take at 60 over Bowser, McDowell, or Cunningham. Loading up on the front 7 is going to make every CB already on the roster a much better player.

I know a couple of Iggles fans on Twitter who are deathly afraid of us getting McDowell. They should be. Hope we have the options.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#200 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:Malik McDowell and Zach Cunningham are two other guys I would strongly consider over CB if they are there at 60. Kevin King is the only sure fire CB I would take at 60 over Bowser, McDowell, or Cunningham. Loading up on the front 7 is going to make every CB already on the roster a much better player.

I know a couple of Iggles fans on Twitter who are deathly afraid of us getting McDowell. They should be. Hope we have the options.

I would expect BJJ to be doing backflips if the Cowboys land McDowell or Bowser In the 2nd. Also I believe Tabor will still be there in the 3rd.

Return to Dallas Cowboys