ImageImageImageImage

Draft Rumors !!!

Moderator: Texas Chuck

User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,484
And1: 657
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#101 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 7, 2016 2:51 pm

Mr B wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:Joey Bosa in town today.

I did not place exclamation points after that sentence.


Is Paxton Lynch in town today too?


Dunno... but Goff is.
31 Unanswered Points
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#102 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 7, 2016 9:07 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:Checking in, kids. Work has been brutal.

If true, I'm glad they are looking past Bosa. He just doesn't scream "#4 pick" to me. I'm still not keen on a RB nor DB there either.

Methinks trading down is in play. Nothing supporting that feeling... just a lot of "meh" around #4 unless someone gets a burr up their butts and decides after all a QB is where they should go.
After a few more weeks of studying, research, etc., my current stand on this day is if we don't take Buckner or Jack, then I am all for trading down.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,484
And1: 657
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#103 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 8, 2016 11:46 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:Checking in, kids. Work has been brutal.

If true, I'm glad they are looking past Bosa. He just doesn't scream "#4 pick" to me. I'm still not keen on a RB nor DB there either.

Methinks trading down is in play. Nothing supporting that feeling... just a lot of "meh" around #4 unless someone gets a burr up their butts and decides after all a QB is where they should go.
After a few more weeks of studying, research, etc., my current stand on this day is if we don't take Buckner or Jack, then I am all for trading down.


I tend to agree. I do like Buckner a lot and believe he is the best fit for our needs right now. Still not 100% in on Jack but I'm coming around. I'm not convinced that Bosa is an option at #4.

I still think one or two of the QB's will be there though... and teams are going to come calling. Rumor has it the Iggles covet Wentz. Might make the Niners and Rams a little itchy.

Now, the Draft starts getting interesting for me. There should be some juicy rumors picking up.
31 Unanswered Points
Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,358
And1: 428
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#104 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 8, 2016 6:19 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:Checking in, kids. Work has been brutal.

If true, I'm glad they are looking past Bosa. He just doesn't scream "#4 pick" to me. I'm still not keen on a RB nor DB there either.

Methinks trading down is in play. Nothing supporting that feeling... just a lot of "meh" around #4 unless someone gets a burr up their butts and decides after all a QB is where they should go.
After a few more weeks of studying, research, etc., my current stand on this day is if we don't take Buckner or Jack, then I am all for trading down.


I tend to agree. I do like Buckner a lot and believe he is the best fit for our needs right now. Still not 100% in on Jack but I'm coming around. I'm not convinced that Bosa is an option at #4.

I still think one or two of the QB's will be there though... and teams are going to come calling. Rumor has it the Iggles covet Wentz. Might make the Niners and Rams a little itchy.

Now, the Draft starts getting interesting for me. There should be some juicy rumors picking up.


The Eagles are going to have to pay out the ass if they really want Wentz. Going from 8 to 1 won't be cheap. Then factor in the Eagles do not have a 2nd round pick. They would likely have to give up two future #1's and their 3rd round pick this year to trade up to #1.

I'm beginning to think that if Jalen Ramsey is gone by 4 the Cowboys will trade back. Goff will likely still be on the board and it will be a bidding war between the Niners at 7 and the Rams at 15. The Rams have two 2nd round picks so the Niners would have to do better than that if they want to trade up to 4.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#105 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:42 pm

Ahh, Mr. B you beat me to the punch. Had to give you and1. Your right, the Egals have nothing to offer so there is no way we do business with them. Or anyone else for that matter. I still say the players will be the 49ers or rams. And the Rams have the most to offer. Call me crazy guys, but do you really think the Titans, at #1 will want to take and pay a OL like Tunsil? I'm not at all saying he's not the best O-lineman in the game. I can't remember anyone paying top dollar for any O-lineman in the past at #1. I think someone makes a deal with the Titans and throws a huge monkey wrench in the draft to start out. I also think it would be a big mistake for the Titans to take Ramsey at #1 as well. They desperately need more picks and have many holes to fill. It just seems real logical to me that they trade back. But who comes a marching in with a deal first? ????
Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,358
And1: 428
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#106 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 9, 2016 4:31 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Ahh, Mr. B you beat me to the punch. Had to give you and1. Your right, the Egals have nothing to offer so there is no way we do business with them. Or anyone else for that matter. I still say the players will be the 49ers or rams. And the Rams have the most to offer. Call me crazy guys, but do you really think the Titans, at #1 will want to take and pay a OL like Tunsil? I'm not at all saying he's not the best O-lineman in the game. I can't remember anyone paying top dollar for any O-lineman in the past at #1. I think someone makes a deal with the Titans and throws a huge monkey wrench in the draft to start out. I also think it would be a big mistake for the Titans to take Ramsey at #1 as well. They desperately need more picks and have many holes to fill. It just seems real logical to me that they trade back. But who comes a marching in with a deal first? ????


Did D'Brickashaw Ferguson go #1 overall? I think taking Tunsil would be the best thing they could do (for themselves). They have Womack at RG and already have a decent Center and RT. Tunsil would solidify their OL. If I'm the Cowboys I would also explore trade options for Leary. At this point I'd see if they'd be willing to give up their 5th round pick for Leary. If they were to add Tunsil and Leary I think their OL would rival Dallas'.

Rumor has it though that they really covet Ramsey. He's by far the best athlete in the draft. If that happens I then see Wentz going 2nd and then Tunsil 3rd. Leaving Goff for us at 4. That's when the calls will start flying in from San Fran and LA (possibly from the Broncos too).
Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,358
And1: 428
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#107 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 9, 2016 4:36 pm

Don't know if you guys listen to Mike Fisher on The Fan but he was saying yesterday that the Cowboys have started to put their board together and he's hearing that the top 3 guys on their board so far are Ramsey, Wentz, and then Elliott (in that order).

So with that in mind if both Wentz and Ramsey are gone and a they can't get a trade they like then Elliott would be the pick at 4. Everything I've been hearing says that Elliott and Gurley last year are the two best RB prospects to come out since Adrian Peterson.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#108 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 9, 2016 6:14 pm

That would put me in a severe depression if that scenario came about. Elliot, please. Just what we need. Another party animal that likes to do molly and extacy. No thanks, I think I said it before. I guess we will let the best player in the draft go to the Ravens were he will most likely be an all pro and pro bowler for many years while we remain in the bottom of the league in run defense.
Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,358
And1: 428
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#109 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:42 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:That would put me in a severe depression if that scenario came about. Elliot, please. Just what we need. Another party animal that likes to do molly and extacy. No thanks, I think I said it before. I guess we will let the best player in the draft go to the Ravens were he will most likely be an all pro and pro bowler for many years while we remain in the bottom of the league in run defense.


I believe he also said that Buckner was 4th on that list. So it's still very possible that Buckner could be the guy. Another guy Buckner compares to is Chris Canty. He's a bigger better version of Canty. In Dallas he was a 3/4 DE however he probably had his best success in NY where he was a 4/3 DT.
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 36,542
And1: 465
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#110 » by HMFFL » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:00 am

Mr B wrote:Don't know if you guys listen to Mike Fisher on The Fan but he was saying yesterday that the Cowboys have started to put their board together and he's hearing that the top 3 guys on their board so far are Ramsey, Wentz, and then Elliott (in that order).

So with that in mind if both Wentz and Ramsey are gone and a they can't get a trade they like then Elliott would be the pick at 4. Everything I've been hearing says that Elliott and Gurley last year are the two best RB prospects to come out since Adrian Peterson.


I prefer not to draft Carson Wentz.
Many mocks that I have seen suggest that Philly selects him. http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/4/9/11393866/nfl-mock-draft-roundup-2016-carson-wentz-eagles-philadelphia-trade-first-round-quarterback-8
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 36,542
And1: 465
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#111 » by HMFFL » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:02 am

Today:

Three recent CBSSports.com NFL mock drafts in agreement on whom Cowboys should pick at No. 4

Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/04/09/three-recent-cbssportscom-nfl-mock-drafts-agreement-cowboys-pick-4
Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,358
And1: 428
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#112 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:03 am

HMFFL wrote:
Mr B wrote:Don't know if you guys listen to Mike Fisher on The Fan but he was saying yesterday that the Cowboys have started to put their board together and he's hearing that the top 3 guys on their board so far are Ramsey, Wentz, and then Elliott (in that order).

So with that in mind if both Wentz and Ramsey are gone and a they can't get a trade they like then Elliott would be the pick at 4. Everything I've been hearing says that Elliott and Gurley last year are the two best RB prospects to come out since Adrian Peterson.


I prefer not to draft Carson Wentz.
Many mocks that I have seen suggest that Philly selects him. http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/4/9/11393866/nfl-mock-draft-roundup-2016-carson-wentz-eagles-philadelphia-trade-first-round-quarterback-8


He won't last until pick 8. Unless they plan to trade up to #1 there is no way they get a chance to draft Wentz.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#113 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:55 pm

I agree. Wentz will be gone by the second pick. I can see the Rams selling the farm to the Titans for #1 pick.
Mr B
Starter
Posts: 2,358
And1: 428
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#114 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:14 pm

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
4/14/16, 8:02 AM
The #Rams traded with the #Titans for No. 1, source said

Looks like both Goff and Wentz will be gone by 4.
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 36,542
And1: 465
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#115 » by HMFFL » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:14 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I agree. Wentz will be gone by the second pick. I can see the Rams selling the farm to the Titans for #1 pick.


Nice call as far as selling the farm.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#116 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:07 pm

HMFFL wrote:Today:

Three recent CBSSports.com NFL mock drafts in agreement on whom Cowboys should pick at No. 4

Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/04/09/three-recent-cbssportscom-nfl-mock-drafts-agreement-cowboys-pick-4

Well, I hope they are all wrong as well. Bosa, no thanks. Elliot's party animal room mate. Don't these guys that do these mock drafts vet these players or do they take kick backs to say nice things for promotional purposes and the almighty $$$$$?
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#117 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:54 pm

HMFFL wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I agree. Wentz will be gone by the second pick. I can see the Rams selling the farm to the Titans for #1 pick.


Nice call as far as selling the farm.
I bet when this came across the news wire, The Egals and 49ers staffs all soiled themselves. The drama has begun.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,928
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#118 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:00 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:Checking in, kids. Work has been brutal.

If true, I'm glad they are looking past Bosa. He just doesn't scream "#4 pick" to me. I'm still not keen on a RB nor DB there either.

Methinks trading down is in play. Nothing supporting that feeling... just a lot of "meh" around #4 unless someone gets a burr up their butts and decides after all a QB is where they should go.
After a few more weeks of studying, research, etc., my current stand on this day is if we don't take Buckner or Jack, then I am all for trading down.


I tend to agree. I do like Buckner a lot and believe he is the best fit for our needs right now. Still not 100% in on Jack but I'm coming around. I'm not convinced that Bosa is an option at #4.

I still think one or two of the QB's will be there though... and teams are going to come calling. Rumor has it the Iggles covet Wentz. Might make the Niners and Rams a little itchy.

Now, the Draft starts getting interesting for me. There should be some juicy rumors picking up.

I think it just started today, lol. I'm loving this crap. Us, San Diego and the Jaguars are sitting in perfect spots. I hope we don't blow it. Jerry needs to go on vacation now and get stranded for 2 weeks.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,484
And1: 657
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#119 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:22 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote: After a few more weeks of studying, research, etc., my current stand on this day is if we don't take Buckner or Jack, then I am all for trading down.


I tend to agree. I do like Buckner a lot and believe he is the best fit for our needs right now. Still not 100% in on Jack but I'm coming around. I'm not convinced that Bosa is an option at #4.

I still think one or two of the QB's will be there though... and teams are going to come calling. Rumor has it the Iggles covet Wentz. Might make the Niners and Rams a little itchy.

Now, the Draft starts getting interesting for me. There should be some juicy rumors picking up.

I think it just started today, lol. I'm loving this crap. Us, San Diego and the Jaguars are sitting in perfect spots. I hope we don't blow it. Jerry needs to go on vacation now and get stranded for 2 weeks.


Best news - neither QB "should" be there at #4. Removes all temptation. And.... maybe Buckner is sitting right there for the taking. Of course, so will Ramsey which will make those wet for a CB all excited.

Good times.
31 Unanswered Points
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 36,542
And1: 465
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#120 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:01 pm

This mock has been out for 23hrs and it has Tunsil going 6th to Baltimore.
Ramsey going to the Chargers.
It has us selecting Bosa like most mock drafts.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/305666

Return to Dallas Cowboys