How good will Jaylon Smith be?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Cormag001
Senior
And1: 64

How good will Jaylon Smith be? 

Post#1 » by Cormag001 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Jaylon Smith looks well on his way to returning to his old Notre Dame form.

How good do you think this kid will be? I think he's the future face of the defense. Am I being too optimistic?
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
And1: 497

Re: How good will Jaylon Smith be? 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:13 am

I'm hoping him and Sean Lee will be the best linebacker tandem in the league.
Cormag001
Senior
And1: 64

Post#3 » by Cormag001 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:29 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm hoping him and Sean Lee will be the best linebacker tandem in the league.

It's really going to be interesting. If he is anything close to a star I feel like Dallas is in a very, very good position for years to come.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:14 am

If they can hit in this year's draft and finally get a D-line, that's the plan.
Mr B
Starter
And1: 427

Post#5 » by Mr B » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:49 pm

Personally I'm not counting on Jaylon being an effective player. He has looked good in the videos he's posted but he's still wearing that brace. There is a big difference between running around in shorts (and with that brace) and playing LB in the NFL at an elite level. If he is able to get back to his college form that would be great but I think it would be in the team's best interested to proceed as if he's not going to be available.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 3, 2017 4:18 pm

Mr B wrote:Personally I'm not counting on Jaylon being an effective player. He has looked good in the videos he's posted but he's still wearing that brace. There is a big difference between running around in shorts (and with that brace) and playing LB in the NFL at an elite level. If he is able to get back to his college form that would be great but I think it would be in the team's best interested to proceed as if he's not going to be available.

I'm hoping you are wrong here. The good omen is he will be wearing number 54. I'm hoping he will be as good as Randy White and Chuck Howley. :pray:
Mr B
Starter

Post#7 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 3, 2017 8:31 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Personally I'm not counting on Jaylon being an effective player. He has looked good in the videos he's posted but he's still wearing that brace. There is a big difference between running around in shorts (and with that brace) and playing LB in the NFL at an elite level. If he is able to get back to his college form that would be great but I think it would be in the team's best interested to proceed as if he's not going to be available.

I'm hoping you are wrong here. The good omen is he will be wearing number 54. I'm hoping he will be as good as Randy White and Chuck Howley. :pray:

Don't forget Barbie Crapenter also wore #54.

From my understand the nerve also still hasn't started to fire and now likely never will.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 5, 2017 4:05 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

From my understand the nerve also still hasn't started to fire and now likely never will.

I heard a few weeks ago that his nerve did start to fire up. I don't know what to believe now.
Mr B
Starter

Post#9 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 5, 2017 7:29 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm hoping you are wrong here. The good omen is he will be wearing number 54. I'm hoping he will be as good as Randy White and Chuck Howley. :pray:

I heard a few weeks ago that his nerve did start to fire up. I don't know what to believe now.

I think everyone assumed that because of all the videos he put out. Last I read though it hasn't and likely never will. If it was going to start firing it would started by now.

Return to Dallas Cowboys