[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

2014 NFL Draft

Moderator: LyricalRico

Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,766

2014 NFL Draft 

Post#1 » by Rafael122 » Fri May 9, 2014 3:16 am

Really late on this thread, was going to start this tomorrow since we won't pick until the 34th overall pick.

As of this writing, they are up to the 25th pick. Teddy Bridgewater is still available, could go to Arizona but the reason why I bring him up is because this could be an opportunity for a QB needy team to move up in the 2nd round and grab him. Maybe Oakland, Minnsota, Tampa Bay...Houston could potentially grab him in the top of the 2nd round.

Potential targets at 34 by position:

Wide Receivers:
1. Marqise Lee
2. Jarvis Landry

Offensive Tackles:
1. Joel Bitonio
2. Cyrus Kouandijo
3. Morgan Moses

Offensive Guards:
1. Xavier Su'a-Filo
2. David Yankey

Defensive Ends:
1. Stephon Tuitt

Defensive Tackles:
1. Louis Nix
2. Ra'Shede Hageman

Inside Linebackers:
1. Chris Borland

Outside Linebackers:
1. Kyle Van Noy
2. Jeremia Attaochu

Mind you, these are potential 2nd round targets. As of this writing, there are 7 picks to go. It's more than likely that the Skins are going to get a starter at 34 unless they trade down and try and grab a 4th rounder as well
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: 2014 NFL Draft 

Post#2 » by Rafael122 » Fri May 9, 2014 1:24 pm

Updated the list...Bridgewater going at 32 kinda killed our trade chances as Derek Carr is the only guy who probably has a 2nd round grade that's left on the board.

Based on what I'm reading on the net, it sounds like Cyrus Kouandjio is going to be the pick. If his knees check out OK, he'll most likely be a day one starter at right tackle.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#3 » by LyricalRico » Fri May 9, 2014 7:50 pm

Tonight, I'm hoping for OL in the second and ILB in the third. Then tomorrow we go BPA regardless of position.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by Rafael122 » Fri May 9, 2014 11:23 pm

Skins trade the 34th pick to dallas for the 47th and 79th pick

Skins selected Trent Murphy with the 47th pick. Outside linebacker out of Stanford. From what I read, it sounded like they reached on this kid and probably could have gotten him in the 3rd or 4th round. Already some people are pegging him as Orakpo's replacement but we'll see.

Skins selected Morgan Moses with the 66th pick overall. I didn't like him at the 34th pick, or even in the second round, but I definitely thought they had got good value in the 3rd. Apparently Cyrus failed the team physical so he wasn't an option. I think Moses isn't a day one starter, but if they can coach him up, I can see him being a starter later on in the season, definitely by 2015.

Skins selected Spencer Long, offensive guard out of Nebraska. Based on what I read, if it weren't for injuries this guy is a 1st or 2nd round talent. It sounds like his ideal position is center, but he can play left or right guard in addition to center. Seems like a good pick.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by Rafael122 » Mon May 12, 2014 1:05 pm

I really liked the corner they picked in the 4th round, Breeland I believe his name is. He'll be on teams this year, but it sounds like he'll fight for that #3/4 corner spot. Thought they did well picking Lache Seastrunk in the 6th round. That puts Evan Royster squarely on the roster bubble.

Return to Washington Football Team