[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Week 3: Washington (1-1) @ Eagles (2-0)

Moderator: LyricalRico

Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,766

Week 3: Washington (1-1) @ Eagles (2-0) 

Post#1 » by Rafael122 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:30 am

This was an epic game. It had everything you'd want, clutch play, high scoring and drama. Jackson came back to Philly and put up big numbers, but it looks like we lost Hall for the rest of the year due to a torn Achilles. I expected us to lose, hell I expected Sproles and McCoy to shred us but that didn't happen.

Quick other thoughts:

- When a pass is picked off, the QB becomes just like any other defender. I thought the hit was legal, if Foles didn't want to get hit, don't run around.

- Losing Hall hurts us big time, he was our best corner. Next man up is Breeland and hopefully he can get the job done, he played well but he's a rookie.

- One of the knocks on Cousins is that he can be inaccurate. He had a first down on that last play and missed him, that hurt. I'm not completely sold on him yet, because he's going to get figured out soon.

- I'm more hopeful about this team even in a loss. I think the Giants game is a must win b/c if they go 1-3 there, I think their season is done. I got this team pegged between 8 and 9 wins, and that could be good enough for a wild card spot.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Re: Week 3: Washington (1-1) @ Eagles (2-0) 

Post#2 » by LyricalRico » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:36 pm

Rafael122 wrote:Quick other thoughts:

- When a pass is picked off, the QB becomes just like any other defender. I thought the hit was legal, if Foles didn't want to get hit, don't run around.

- Losing Hall hurts us big time, he was our best corner. Next man up is Breeland and hopefully he can get the job done, he played well but he's a rookie.

- One of the knocks on Cousins is that he can be inaccurate. He had a first down on that last play and missed him, that hurt. I'm not completely sold on him yet, because he's going to get figured out soon.

- I'm more hopeful about this team even in a loss. I think the Giants game is a must win b/c if they go 1-3 there, I think their season is done. I got this team pegged between 8 and 9 wins, and that could be good enough for a wild card spot.

The only one of these points I disagree with is about Cousins. His accuracy was good enough all game, the last drive I think he was just a young QB experiencing a tough situation on the road against a division opponent. If he's still the QB 8-10 games from now and a similar situation comes up, I think he makes that throw. But we'll see.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,766

Re: Week 3: Washington (1-1) @ Eagles (2-0) 

Post#3 » by Rafael122 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:46 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
Rafael122 wrote:Quick other thoughts:

The only one of these points I disagree with is about Cousins. His accuracy was good enough all game, the last drive I think he was just a young QB experiencing a tough situation on the road against a division opponent. If he's still the QB 8-10 games from now and a similar situation comes up, I think he makes that throw. But we'll see.

That bomb he threw to Jackson surprised the hell out of me. I was like :o , where did that arm come from? But then he missed the gimme to Garcon, he was wide open, there wasn't anyone around for 5 yards. That puts them in field goal position, probably in a spot to win the game as well.

Best case scenario, Cousins balls out and the Skins get a 1st or 2nd for him next year. Cleveland offered a 3rd apparently but the Skins didn't bite. Even if Kirk was half as good as yesterday that's enough to start for 5-10 teams in the league, easily.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.

Return to Washington Football Team