[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Week 4: Giants (1-2) @ Washington (1-2)

Moderator: LyricalRico

Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,766

Week 4: Giants (1-2) @ Washington (1-2) 

Post#1 » by Rafael122 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:54 pm

Must win game here. 10 days off before they get Seattle at home, so it'd be nice to enter that game 2-2. Read a stat that 38% of the players are injured. Cofield, Reed, Griffin and Hall are all out w/Hall tearing his Achilles and done for the year. Sounds like Reed might come back for the game after Seattle.

Jason Hatcher is hurt, Orakpo tore a finger. Haven't seen the full injury report yet but clearly this team isn't at 100%. I believe they will get Tracy Porter back but we're looking at Amerson, Breeland and Porter as our top corners.

Giants beat the Texans who were without Arian Foster. Eli had a pretty solid game but had struggled prior to that, and Rashad Jennings went off. Going to be interesting how our secondary fares vs. Victor Cruz who has given us trouble in the past.

Thursday night games are the worse, I predict this will be an ugly game. I got Washington winning 20-10.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Re: Week 4: Giants (1-2) @ Washington (1-2) 

Post#2 » by LyricalRico » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:29 pm

Thanks for starting a thread!

I'm pretty pessimistic after Sunday. We got a breakout game from Cousins and completely shut down two of the best weapons in the league (McCoy and Sproles), but still couldn't pull it out. I fully expect it to be another shootout where each team scores 30+, and the question will be "do the Skins make enough mistakes to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory". Agree that they HAVE to win this game to have any chance at a decent season.

And for Cousins, he also needs a win IMO. He can put up all the stats he wants, but if the team is still losing I fully expect them to go back to Griffin at some point (assuming he becomes available) because they need to see more of him in the Gruden offense before making a decision on picking up his 5th year option next spring. Cousins needs great stats AND a winning record if he wants to hold onto the job IMO.
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#3 » by FreeBalling » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:07 pm

My vision shows me a Redskins win this week. Cousin throws two TD's, Morris get one on the ground and a FG to seal the deal.

Start the Redskins D this week for Fantasy...The G-men have a bad offensive line.

Redskins 24

NY 13

If I get it wrong, stupid is as stupid dose.
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#4 » by FreeBalling » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:13 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Thanks for starting a thread!

I'm pretty pessimistic after Sunday. We got a breakout game from Cousins and completely shut down two of the best weapons in the league (McCoy and Sproles), but still couldn't pull it out. I fully expect it to be another shootout where each team scores 30+, and the question will be "do the Skins make enough mistakes to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory". Agree that they HAVE to win this game to have any chance at a decent season.

And for Cousins, he also needs a win IMO. He can put up all the stats he wants, but if the team is still losing I fully expect them to go back to Griffin at some point (assuming he becomes available) because they need to see more of him in the Gruden offense before making a decision on picking up his 5th year option next spring. Cousins needs great stats AND a winning record if he wants to hold onto the job IMO.

Sir...Do you expect Cousins play defense? Two sides to the games. Plus, when the offense is driving and making 1st downs. The defense gets to rest.

Cousins seems to avoid the defensive ends called freaks of nature. Maybe, just maybe he gets what a pocket is.
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#5 » by LyricalRico » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:01 pm

FreeBalling wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:Thanks for starting a thread!

Sir...Do you expect Cousins play defense? Two sides to the games. Plus, when the offense is driving and making 1st downs. The defense gets to rest.

Cousins seems to avoid the defensive ends called freaks of nature. Maybe, just maybe he gets what a pocket is.

Oh I agree - there's more to wins than Cousins play. And I'm not saying I want a hot Cousins benched if/when Griffin is healthy, I'm just projecting what I expect to happen. If the team isn't winning, I believe they will give Griffin another look no matter how Cousins plays.

And I think the reason will be that they have to decide by next March whether to pick up Griffin's $15M 5th year option (which would be guaranteed for injury). So if they can get another look at RG3 this year, I think they do it.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Rafael122 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:58 am

Yeah, I've been listening to sports talk radio here in DC and most are convinced that if Cousins continues to play well it's his job to lose. But like Lyrical said, if the team isn't WINNING, why should he start over RG 3? They're just empty stats at that point.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#7 » by Ruzious » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:23 pm

Rafael122 wrote:Yeah, I've been listening to sports talk radio here in DC and most are convinced that if Cousins continues to play well it's his job to lose. But like Lyrical said, if the team isn't WINNING, why should he start over RG 3? They're just empty stats at that point.

Exactly, the key is - does the team win with/because of him. If the team wins, it's assumed that it's because of him.

Hard to believe we have a game tomorrow - doesn't seem natural. If they win, Thursday night football is a great idea. If they lose, we get an extra 3 days of pouting. Better win.

Each team is in the same situation - must win time. We need to keep JPP off of Cousins. Cousins helps with his quick releases, but sometimes he needs to take a longer look before anticipating what his receiver will do. Those are the plays that seem to get him in trouble. Hopefully, it's something he improves on with simply more experience. And go to Helu more. I want the WR's down the field, so Helu and Paul should have plenty of room underneath.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Rafael122 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:47 am

This is the best outcome, I'm so tired of listening to talk radio about how Cousins is better than RG3 and he's better for this offense. He's played like **** all game long. 2 picks and a fumble. 16 turnovers in 10 games. He's horrible.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by Rafael122 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:10 am

3....nope, 4 PICKS!!! Unreal!
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#10 » by LyricalRico » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:26 pm

Team overall wasn't ready to play, and they weren't good in any phase of the game. There is still a talent issue on the offensive line and across the defense. And the fact that Cousins looked desperate was disheartening.

But hey, at least special teams didn't give up a touchdown!
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#11 » by Ruzious » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:58 pm

Rafael122 wrote:3....nope, 4 PICKS!!! Unreal!

I was hoping it was just a nightmare, but woke up to find it really happened. Just a horrible game. And why is Haslett still the D Coordinator? Granted, he's got a poor defensive backfield to work with, but year after year there are more and more excuses. At some point, you actually have to have the defense play at least adequately.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#12 » by LyricalRico » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:45 pm

Man, they even got the beer wrong. LOL

In a nifty piece of investigative journalism by The Washington Post's Dan Steinberg, we learned the Redskins are indeed still selling the since expired Budweisers at FedEx Field.

<snip>

As Steinberg notes upon plugging the fan's almost four-month-old code into Budweiser's "Track Your Bud" website, the "Bud has passed its freshness date" — a warning that is accompanied by the brewmaster's promise to "buy you a fresh Budweiser. Please contact us."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 17369.html

Return to Washington Football Team