ImageImageImageImageImage

Pierce on Boston/LA fans: "I'm more biased knowing our fans

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: PIerce: "Boston fans more knowledgeable than LA fans" 

Post#21 » by DubaLakers » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:42 am

I don't mind Pierce's statement at all. Boston fans are longtime hardcore fans and they know their sports. They might be aholes but they are true fans since birth. I can't say the same for many Laker fans. Everytime I go to a Staples game which is few and far between, same scene when I'm sitting up in the 300's (where supposedly the true fans are) everyone has their new laker gear on and is at the consession stands or the bathroom 3/4 of the game.

I'm sitting up there all hyped up possesion to possesion, so elated to make the few games I can, practically mumbling play by play like I'm a Chicky Baby hack standing up in the 4 inch isle letting bandwagon fans get to the consession stands over and over.
laka4life
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#22 » by laka4life » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:47 am

DubaLakers wrote:I don't mind Pierce's statement at all. Boston fans are longtime hardcore fans. They might be aholes but they are true fans since birth. I can't say the same for many Laker fans.

I don't even mind the quote that much either, it's just anything that comes out of that Faker's mouth sounds like Soulja boy raps to me
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,682

Post#23 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Jun 3, 2010 1:08 am

fareweatherfan wrote: no doubt our most knowledgable fans are more knowledgable than the most knowledgable of boston fans,

Don't assume that.

The Boston Globe had outstanding basketball writing for many years (measured in decades), better by far than anything I recall growing up in LA. Both teams have had great TV announcers. I think the media-information edge goes to Boston.

Both teams had outstanding team play in the 1980s. Either team's fans learned a lot about hoops by watching them. To a lesser but still great extent, the same could be said of the current editions of the teams.

The Kobe/Shaq Lakers didn't teach one much about anything, however, except ego and individual scoring skills.

My wife grew up in a Boston suburb listening to Johnny Most and rooting for her favorite player Tommy Heinsohn. I don't know I could have found a woman like that very easily in LA.

I think the Boston fans are indeed somewhat more knowledgeable ...

Edit: John Wooden's Bruins used to be a counterweight to the factors above, come to think of it. But that was a long time ago now.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#24 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Jun 3, 2010 1:13 am

Recently there was a post about Scalabrine being an Odom neutralizer

At the start of the playoffs many fans wrote off their team and had little faith in their championship hopes.

Trade deadlines were blow the team up.

I am not sure there is some wealth of knowledge going around and Laker fans are not without their doozies.. but Pierces comments being reaffirmed by some of same pool of RGM posters offers little to me.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#25 » by MAMBAEMD » Thu Jun 3, 2010 1:15 am

Phil X wrote:Recently there was a post about Scalabrine being an Odom neutralizer

At the start of the playoffs many fans wrote off their team and had little faith in their championship hopes.

Trade deadlines were blow the team up.

I am not sure there is some wealth of knowledge going around and Laker fans are not without their doozies.. but Pierces comments being reaffirmed by some of same pool of RGM posters offers little to me.

+1
Formerly lakerRD
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
And1: 4,367

Post#26 » by Pablo Escobar » Thu Jun 3, 2010 1:34 am

Boston fans please go back to your board if you don't like what we are saying to bad, and to Pierce dude is a bitch straight up thinking he is some tough guy lol him and KG are perfect for each other
Plata o Plomo?
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#27 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Jun 3, 2010 1:52 am

KB24_ILLMATIC wrote:Boston fans please go back to your board if you don't like what we are saying to bad, and to Pierce dude is a bitch straight up thinking he is some tough guy lol him and KG are perfect for each other

Even leaving out the stabbing, the teeth knocked out, and so on, I doubt you've taken the hits in your life that Pierce takes in a single game.
laka4life
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by laka4life » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:02 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
KB24_ILLMATIC wrote:Boston fans please go back to your board if you don't like what we are saying to bad, and to Pierce dude is a bitch straight up thinking he is some tough guy lol him and KG are perfect for each other

Even leaving out the stabbing, the teeth knocked out, and so on, I doubt you've taken the hits in your life that Pierce takes in a single game.

You mean like having your vagina pinched, knocking you to the floor crying in unfathomable pain, only to play 3 minutes later?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysT8RA6JQks

I've actually personally had a brain tumor removed and two heart surgeries, and I'm 21 years old. I'd put myself up against Pierce anyday of the week in a toughness test
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#29 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:05 am

laka4life wrote:
I've actually personally had a brain tumor removed and two heart surgeries, and I'm 21 years old. I'd put myself up against Pierce anyday of the week in a toughness test

Well, my condolences for that tough row. It's a lot.

But unless you went out to be slapped around by world-class athletes the day after minor surgery or a few weeks after major surgery, Pierce still beats you in toughness.
laka4life
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by laka4life » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:06 am

laka4life wrote:

But unless you went out to be slapped around by world-class athletes the day after minor surgery or a few weeks after major surgery, Pierce still beats you in toughness.

Wanna compare having a knee scoped to part of your skull removed?????

I'll question your intelligence. And then laugh
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#31 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:06 am

laka4life wrote:
You mean like having your vagina pinched,

And by the way, women are a lot tougher about pain than men. It's one of their areas of physical (or emotional) SUPERIORITY.
laka4life
Sixth Man

Post#32 » by laka4life » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:07 am

laka4life wrote:
You mean like having your vagina pinched,

And by the way, women are a lot tougher about pain than men. It's one of their areas of physical (or emotional) SUPERIORITY.

Glad we can both agree he's a female then
laka4life
Sixth Man

Post#33 » by laka4life » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:08 am

Read what some TOUGH guys like Bruschi, OH A BOSTON NATIVE HIMSELF, thinks of Pierce.

Or Ronnie Lott

Or Terrell Davis

http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_ass ... ce-is.html

Ronnie Lott - "Well, that's a pussy!"

Terrell Davis - " Oh that's a pussy... that was easy!"

Tedy Bruschi - "I hate to say it, but that's a pussy! I was courtside and he was NOT injured!"
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#34 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:29 am

laka4life wrote:

I wasn't.

Your ignorance is excusable, given that you're young.

Your contempt for your betters is somewhat less excusable, even though you're young.
Gerald3Wallace
Assistant Coach
And1: 99

Post#35 » by Gerald3Wallace » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:34 am

Asianiac_24 wrote:Does he mean the same fans that chanted MVP for Kobe when they were an irrelevant lottery team?

thats knowledge...they know talent when they see it :lol: :wink:
Boognish
RealGM
And1: 16,738

Post#36 » by Boognish » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:46 am

i liek toitlelz
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#37 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:51 am

laka4life wrote:

Oh please with the Pierce stuff... GEEZ.

He like ANY athlete with clearance from the Dr. go out and play after surgeries.

He is not super human. HIS BODY HEALED ENOUGH TO PLAY.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
laka4life
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by laka4life » Thu Jun 3, 2010 3:00 am

laka4life wrote:

I wasn't.

Your ignorance is excusable, given that you're young.

Your contempt for your betters is somewhat less excusable, even though you're young.

Contempt for my betters??? Interesting. What is it? The fact you're a Boston "knowledge book" fan???

Ahh I'm sorry, I didn't realize I should bow down to the schmucks of the league. My apologies
magic1fan
Starter

Post#39 » by magic1fan » Thu Jun 3, 2010 3:22 am

honestly why does anyone care what pierce says? he is a complete joke. the wheelchair incident,the flopping everytime someone touches him. he was not even relevant before garnett and allen got there. he is just an average player that had a good gm put two future hof's with him...
Only on realgm is 27,000 points, 5 rings, 1 rs mvp and 2 finals mvp considered overrated!
magic1fan
Starter

Post#40 » by magic1fan » Thu Jun 3, 2010 3:24 am

Asianiac_24 wrote:Does he mean the same fans that chanted MVP for Kobe when they were an irrelevant lottery team?

thread
Only on realgm is 27,000 points, 5 rings, 1 rs mvp and 2 finals mvp considered overrated!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers