Lakers TV network thread

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,466

Re: No longer supporting this team! 

Post#381 » by dockingsched » Mon Nov 5, 2012 7:24 pm

theFRANCHISE wrote:I remember in junior high (mid 90s)when my family couldn't afford cable I'd listen to all the home games on the radio and check the box scores in the newspaper the next day. If you can't find a streams online, or a hooters or some bar showing the game you need to support a new job or get off the bandwagon.

ha, this reminds me of my first time getting lakers games on cable. think it was like 97 or 98, when fox sports west 2 first came out. never had cable before and that yr my mom finally decided to get it. i remember they scheduled an appt in the morning and i couldn't stop thinking about coming home from school and watching the lakers play the pistons and grant hill. unfortunately cable guy didn't show up til like 9pm, way too late for the game. i remember being devastated.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Re: Lakers TV network thread 

Post#382 » by TyCobb » Mon Nov 5, 2012 7:30 pm

dockingsched wrote:
TyCobb wrote:
dockingsched wrote:just got through chatting with DISH

Don't forget!

took me a bit to think about what u were referring to. i've narrowed it down to 2 things.

1. don't forget to cancel in 3 months so they don't start charging me for the multi sport pack

2. don't forget how they screwed angels fans over by not carrying 20 of their games.

:nod:
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,490

Post#383 » by The Laker Kid » Mon Nov 5, 2012 7:31 pm

theFRANCHISE wrote:I remember in junior high (mid 90s)when my family couldn't afford cable I'd listen to all the home games on the radio and check the box scores in the newspaper the next day. If you can't find a streams online, or a hooters or some bar showing the game you need to support a new job or get off the bandwagon.

yeah I remember back in the mid 90's when me and my dad had to go to FRYS to watch the Laker games on their demo TV's. :D We only had AOL and Compuserve back then and it was slooooooooooooowwww but that was before the days of streaming videos. Good times. 8-)
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Post#384 » by Jetset » Mon Nov 5, 2012 7:52 pm

dish isn't that bad. what's so great about the angels anyway, they're just like cleveland. you don't see me going to an angels game when i'm on vacation

Hunter103
Assistant Coach
And1: 93

Post#385 » by Hunter103 » Mon Nov 5, 2012 8:20 pm

Still no word on Comcast.

It was nice knowing y'all :(
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#386 » by Anklebreaker702 » Mon Nov 5, 2012 8:54 pm

Rox_Nix_Nox wrote:
Anklebreaker702 wrote:
minifang wrote:A true fan finds alternative ways: stream the games, go to a friends house, or to a bar, etc.

True fans shouldn't have to do that. That's up to the bandwagon fans

bwahahahahahah wut? good laugh though

Frantik wrote:Im in friggin blazers territoty and im firstrowing every game.
OP, quick complaining and find one of the many crapy quality streams like a die-hard fan.

---oh wait... you must not be a die-hard fan... nevermind...

you can get league pass

What you guys don't understand is the Lakers are blacked out on league pass if you have direct
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#387 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Mon Nov 5, 2012 9:15 pm

yea within the designated media area it's blacked out, but if you're in Portland you should get the game or anywhere outside the dma you should get the game.
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#388 » by That Nicka » Mon Nov 5, 2012 10:35 pm

Good news for those in Las Vegas or have Cox Communications cable service... They struck a deal with twc, should be announced today or tomorrow
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#389 » by Anklebreaker702 » Tue Nov 6, 2012 8:03 pm

That Nicka wrote:Good news for those in Las Vegas or have Cox Communications cable service... They struck a deal with twc, should be announced today or tomorrow

Still doesn't help me. Cox sucks plus I'm a big time football fan & have NFL Sunday Ticket & I'm not giving that up for sorry Cox.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,490

Post#390 » by The Laker Kid » Tue Nov 6, 2012 9:18 pm

COME ON DISH!!!!
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
mattzane227
Junior
And1: 46

Post#391 » by mattzane227 » Tue Nov 6, 2012 9:20 pm

Anklebreaker702 wrote:What you guys don't understand is the Lakers are blacked out on league pass if you have direct

Not if you "move" your address to somewhere like NY until basketball season is over. You will get NY locals instead of LA but you'll be able to watch the Lakers w/ League Pass. It's really easy to do. A 5 minute call to DirecTV.

I actually live in MO but "moved" to NY so I get YES Network and MSG. I get my MO locals via OTA.
That Nicka
Banned User

Post#392 » by That Nicka » Wed Nov 7, 2012 12:06 am

Anklebreaker702 wrote:
That Nicka wrote:Good news for those in Las Vegas or have Cox Communications cable service... They struck a deal with twc, should be announced today or tomorrow

Still doesn't help me. Cox sucks plus I'm a big time football fan & have NFL Sunday Ticket & I'm not giving that up for sorry Cox.

whats wrong with Cox? Most people in Vegas like it fine
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#393 » by Anklebreaker702 » Wed Nov 7, 2012 7:33 am

That Nicka wrote:
Anklebreaker702 wrote:

whats wrong with Cox? Most people in Vegas like it fine

Did u not read my post?
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran

Post#394 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Wed Nov 7, 2012 8:42 pm

DirecTV still not carrying Lakers; CEO blasts sports channels
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/en ... 5023.story
The Lakers are battling the Utah Jazz on Wednesday night on Time Warner Cable's new regional sports channel SportsNet, but if DirecTV subscribers want to follow the action they'll either have to visit a bar that's showing the game or go old school and listen to the radio.

And it may be that way for awhile.

Speaking with Wall Street analysts and investors Tuesday about the satellite broadcaster's third-quarter results, DirecTV Chief Executive Mike White did not sound optimistic, but rather someone trying to draw a line in the sand.

While White said DirecTV continues to have "active discussions" with Time Warner Cable about carrying SportsNet and its Spanish-language companion Deportes, he also blasted the rising cost of programming, particularly for sports.

"Everybody wants a new channel and they want to stick it into the bundle and it's not right," White told analysts.
That Nicka
Banned User

Post#395 » by That Nicka » Thu Nov 8, 2012 12:34 am

Anklebreaker702 wrote:Did u not read my post?

you said cox sucks... I'm asking you why cox sucks.... Is it because they dont have Sunday ticket? I wouldnt know, dont follow NFL at all
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#396 » by Anklebreaker702 » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:37 am

That Nicka wrote:
Anklebreaker702 wrote:Did u not read my post?

you said cox sucks... I'm asking you why cox sucks.... Is it because they dont have Sunday ticket? I wouldnt know, dont follow NFL at all

Ok I feel you. Yes one is because I have Sunday Ticket & I'm into the HD stuff & the clarity from cable is just not the same to me as opposed to satellite.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran

Post#397 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Thu Nov 8, 2012 7:12 am

noticed simple little changes to the scoring graphic, a little better now than that blacked out one. Watermark needs to go, you know it's live
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran

Post#398 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Fri Nov 9, 2012 12:19 am

Dear Lakers Fans,

We know that many of you are DirecTV subscribers and remain frustrated that you can't watch the Lakers on Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes.

We want to remind you of your choices and what you can do to watch the games as well as all the immersive content on these networks. Verizon FiOS, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Bright House Networks, and AT&T U-Verse have all reached agreements to carry Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes.

If you are interested in getting information about the other TV providers that service your area, visit iwantmylakers.com, enter your zip code, select your TV provider and then click continue. The next screen will list TV providers in your area that are carrying the networks and give you information on how to contact them. .

Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,
The Los Angeles Lakers

can they pay my termination fee? Most ridiculous, response yet. You dish guys, they're not even mentioning you guys :-?
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,466

Post#399 » by dockingsched » Fri Nov 9, 2012 12:31 am

in the end i don't see this directtv and the unmeantioned DISH getting resolved anytime soon. i think the time warner needs them to pay for the channel a lot more than directv/DISH need it to keep their customers. i'm a big time lakers fan and out of contract, and im not going to change my provider, haven't heard of too many others that are going to change either.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
LaLa
Banned User
And1: 202

Post#400 » by LaLa » Fri Nov 9, 2012 2:22 am

I'm moving to Verizon for sure if they don't get this **** together since my family can get a big discount with having their phone and internet services.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers