ImageImageImageImageImage

Source: Mike Brown agrees with Lakers, props to OP

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Re: Source: Mike Brown agrees with Lakers, props to OP 

Post#381 » by Gek » Mon Apr 9, 2012 2:25 pm

semi-sentient wrote:Well I definitely over-estimated how mature our players are as well as their level of leadership. I was definitely not expecting the team to turn on the coach this soon, or at least not get behind him 100% in his first year.

It's okay semi, happens to the best of us. The key is to not make your opinions known.
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Post#382 » by Jetset » Mon Apr 9, 2012 2:55 pm

Sofa King wrote:
Jetset wrote:I'm not sure why we're giving props to the OP, all he did was post a rumor that had been swirling around several hours before he decided to post here. It would have been a different story if he'd posted that Brown was likely to be our coach 2 weeks or even a week ago, when Adelman surely looked like he was the true successor. I'll admit he did a good job trying to make himself look convincing by posting that he's close to Brown's summer vegas people or whatever (that was a crafty move by you OP, very, very, savvy move) but no dice, it was a nice try though. If anything the props needs to go to Broussard for finally getting something right, he was the first to report on it I believe.

I'll give you props on creating the thread on this thread, even though we had already been discussing it in the "Next Head Coach" thread hours before you posted. But you get nothing more. You said you had an agent that told you the story, you then denied to give up the name. For all I know your "agent" that you're close to was probably as close as your TV and his name being Broussard.

Why did I even say this again?

Stephano wrote:This thread is funny just because the first 5 pages are people in denial.

I don't get it, so are you not the only one on this board that has "AmnestyBrown" in your sig space?
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#383 » by Dr Aki » Mon Apr 9, 2012 3:19 pm

the daggers were already out for mike brown until he gave his presser.

and then we found out he was cogent, articulate and he had clear ideas about how to utilise the strengths of this lakers team

and then we couldnt shoot to save our lives
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#384 » by Wavy Q » Mon Apr 9, 2012 3:26 pm

How is my sig relevant when i didn't want him to begin with. I was referring to the few people saying, nope, not gonna happen, Mike Brown will never coach this team, etcetc
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#385 » by Gek » Mon Apr 9, 2012 3:50 pm

Jetset wrote:
Sofa King wrote:
Jetset wrote:I'm not sure why we're giving props to the OP, all he did was post a rumor that had been swirling around several hours before he decided to post here. It would have been a different story if he'd posted that Brown was likely to be our coach 2 weeks or even a week ago, when Adelman surely looked like he was the true successor. I'll admit he did a good job trying to make himself look convincing by posting that he's close to Brown's summer vegas people or whatever (that was a crafty move by you OP, very, very, savvy move) but no dice, it was a nice try though. If anything the props needs to go to Broussard for finally getting something right, he was the first to report on it I believe.

I'll give you props on creating the thread on this thread, even though we had already been discussing it in the "Next Head Coach" thread hours before you posted. But you get nothing more. You said you had an agent that told you the story, you then denied to give up the name. For all I know your "agent" that you're close to was probably as close as your TV and his name being Broussard.

Why did I even say this again?

lets psychoanalyze it!
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Post#386 » by Jetset » Mon Apr 9, 2012 3:55 pm

Stephano wrote:How is my sig relevant when i didn't want him to begin with. I was referring to the few people saying, nope, not gonna happen, Mike Brown will never coach this team, etcetc

Who was saying that?

Gek wrote:lets psychoanalyze it!

it's too much to read
yows
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#387 » by yows » Mon Apr 9, 2012 4:32 pm

dockingsched wrote:this team will be judged strictly by what they do in the playoffs.

Agreed. This compact season is just one long training season.
As an individual I am a pretty optimistic guy and so I see our current flaws as something that our staff and players are aware of and that they will be addresses come playoffs.

This team unlike last years, can't possibly suck more then they have in the regular season. I'm not going to hit the panic button just yet until we are down 0-3 in the playoffs.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,114

Re: Source: Mike Brown agrees with Lakers 

Post#388 » by Edrees » Mon Apr 9, 2012 6:13 pm

RocketPower23 wrote:
Brown, 41, became the front-runner because Jim Buss, the team's executive vice president of player personnel, was impressed with his defense-minded style.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-coach-20110525,0,6301668.story

LMAO this is the funniest part of the thread - giving up 120 pts a game in the last few, we are 14th in defense or something? Hilarious people think he's a good defensive coach. Nobody can guard lebron, that wasn't browns doing
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#389 » by semi-sentient » Mon Apr 9, 2012 9:35 pm

Edrees wrote:LMAO this is the funniest part of the thread - giving up 120 pts a game in the last few, we are 14th in defense or something? Hilarious people think he's a good defensive coach.

Is that really MB's fault? Bynum isn't much of an intimidator or defensive anchor because he wants to score, score, and score. Pau's defense has fallen off a cliff the past two seasons. Kobe plays defense once every 10 games, and when he actually tries he's not that great. We had the worst defensive PG rotation in the league with Fisher and Blake for most of the season, and Sessions hasn't done a whole lot better.

The players have to do their part instead of pointing fingers at each other or barking at the refs non-stop.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant
And1: 322

Post#390 » by DrewBynum77 » Mon Apr 9, 2012 11:57 pm

DrewBynum77 wrote:lol @ people saying "he can coach defense"...
Lakers starters don't need to be coached defense. lol, Do you guys think that what happened in the dallas series was because of our players defensive ineptitude? and that Phil was dumb enough to not adjust?

They are simply too old to play great defense throughout the games. Packing the paint is our best defense today and it'll remain being our D until we rebuild. and No, Lakers players wont be able to rotate and contest 3s just because Mike "I'm a moron" brown is on the bench...
You can see that all the great defensive teams are athletic and young on average, we are not as athletic anymore and we're old... Artest maybe is the only one that can do what other prime defensive wingers do because he does nothing on the offensive side...

BUT maybe he'll help our second unit. If he can transform our second unit the same way Bulls' coach transformed their second unit then it may help us a lot..

The bench unit struggle to create their own offense and are terrible defensively, so if he can create a defensive monster off our bench players then it'll even help them offensively...

But I doubt he can do it...

Anyway, even if he does, I'm not sure how much this would impact (positively) on our team. Maybe it could help us in the playoffs since the bench would play more minutes and our starters would be fresh to finish games... Dunno.

Anyway, FISHER NEEDS TO GO. Period.

We wont achieve anything with fisher as a starter, not anymore. He handicapped us throughout the past years (yadda clutch yadda) but we can't play with him no more.

Make him our offensive coach or something like that. I'm sure he's better than Brown...

Spot on. :wink:

So yeh, he couldn't transform our second unit and everything else remained the same..
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,114

Post#391 » by Edrees » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:37 am

semi-sentient wrote:
Edrees wrote:LMAO this is the funniest part of the thread - giving up 120 pts a game in the last few, we are 14th in defense or something? Hilarious people think he's a good defensive coach.

Is that really MB's fault? Bynum isn't much of an intimidator or defensive anchor because he wants to score, score, and score. Pau's defense has fallen off a cliff the past two seasons. Kobe plays defense once every 10 games, and when he actually tries he's not that great. We had the worst defensive PG rotation in the league with Fisher and Blake for most of the season, and Sessions hasn't done a whole lot better.

The players have to do their part instead of pointing fingers at each other or barking at the refs non-stop.

So what makes a good defenisve coach then? Someone who can get players who are already motivated and already great defensive players to play good defense? Well, even I can do that. Bottom line is that if a coach can't get his team that is equipped to be an elite defensive team to play inspired or good defense, he isn't a good defensive coach.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers