Around the NBA 3.0

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Kalidogg24
Head Coach
And1: 827

Re: Around the NBA 3.0 

Post#81 » by Kalidogg24 » Sun Jul 8, 2012 7:40 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKl4vd7OO40&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOk-_08BBNE&list=FLavTF4boZmocKsqKUsDeNuA&index=1&feature=plpp_video[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XthTm8tiWmw&list=FLavTF4boZmocKsqKUsDeNuA&index=3&feature=plpp_video[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUSPDDpNUH4&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69bc_OOLIMM&annotation_id=annotation_726216&feature=iv[/youtube]Image
REST IN PARADISE GOAT
#TeamFlightBrothers
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#82 » by tugs » Mon Jul 9, 2012 7:49 am

DEEP3CL wrote:I like our Olympic team, hope CP and D-will get most of the run at the point and let Russ get whatever scrap minutes he can see.

Starters/ Backup

1: CP3 / D-Will / Westbrook
2: Kobe / Harden / Iggy
3: LeBron /Melo / Durant
4: Love /Griffin
5: Chandler / Love

Also I see LeBron getting some run at the 4 and Griffin at the 5. I think the plan is to make teams adjust to us. We're not as versatile as the 2010 team as far as depth, but 8 of the 12 are fundamentally sound players.

I don't know why but Westbrook and Iguodala look so out of place there. :P

agree deep. they rolled with CP3, Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Anthony last time. this time I think it'll be CP3, Kobe, Durant, Lebron, Love. that 3/4 spot is loaded with talent that all can play 3-4-5especially in the international scene.

damn. try to stop that CP3, Kobe, Durant, Lebron, Love line up. PG to PF can make plays and Love is an under rated passer. with all the talent around him, it's not impossible to average 6+ asts per game. and all can shoot from the outside. :droop:
tugs
RealGM

Post#83 » by tugs » Mon Jul 9, 2012 7:55 am

Kalidogg24 wrote:Image

Kobe kinda looks like MJ. hope he does a Harden/B.Diddy beard. or Gooden! :D
Kalidogg24
Head Coach
And1: 827

Post#84 » by Kalidogg24 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:02 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk1Op4Nk5gs&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

You already know Coach K , Kobe and company paying close attention to what Spain's doing in their exhibition games leading to London.

Spain runs alot of zone. Mainly 2-3 or a 3-2.
With their three headed monster leading the charge they definitely clog the basket a ton.

Team USA's main "crash and bang on the boards" type of guys are Tyson, Blake, and K. Love.
Definitely not as tall and long as Spain but persistence (Hustle Boards) and streching the floor (K.Love's Outside touch) will be key to taking out Spain's Bigs.
REST IN PARADISE GOAT
#TeamFlightBrothers
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#85 » by Gek » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:45 pm

Philly made out in that trade.
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#86 » by myersia » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:51 am

Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#87 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:08 am

all this dream team hype man, no team is unbeatable. media acting like Kobe is 100% wrong (at least from what i've seen)
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#88 » by Sofa King » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:23 am

Its all semantics. Kobe said he was asked if the current team can beat the Dream Team in one game, he responded yes, but wasn't asked if they could beat them in a 7 game series.

Anywho...

------------

James Worthy says Dream Team is superior to current Olympic team

"As much as LeBron and Kobe, Chris Paul and some of those guys on the team are really talented, if you give me a healthy Bird, Magic, Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewing, David Robinson and Chris Mullin, I'm going to go with that era that's wiser and more fundamentally sound," Worthy said Friday at an appearance at Bell Gardens Intermediate School, sponsored by After School All-Stars and Metro PCS. "Those guys played in college. I want to go with that team."

"Larry Bird wasn't as talented as any of these guys on the current team. But he was still better because he was fundamentally sound and plays the game the way it was supposed to be played," Worthy said. "There's not a lot of one on one. LeBron wouldn't have as much success playing one-on-one game against Patrick Ewing and David Robinson. He' be met at the rim. It just doesn't happen.... Guys were defensively minded and I don't see that as much in today's game."

Still, even if Worthy said there's nothing Team USA could do in the 2012 London Olympics to change his sentiment, he understood why Bryant showed such confidence.

"What else is he going to say?" Worthy said. "He's on the current team. It's just like could my era beat the era 20 years ago? Of course."

LINK

Worthy gets him. Why not most of the people on RealGM?
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,750

Post#89 » by ROballer » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:43 am

Sofa King wrote:Its all semantics. Kobe said he was asked if the current team can beat the Dream Team in one game, he responded yes, but wasn't asked if they could beat them in a 7 game series.

Anywho...

------------

James Worthy says Dream Team is superior to current Olympic team

"As much as LeBron and Kobe, Chris Paul and some of those guys on the team are really talented, if you give me a healthy Bird, Magic, Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewing, David Robinson and Chris Mullin, I'm going to go with that era that's wiser and more fundamentally sound," Worthy said Friday at an appearance at Bell Gardens Intermediate School, sponsored by After School All-Stars and Metro PCS. "Those guys played in college. I want to go with that team."

"Larry Bird wasn't as talented as any of these guys on the current team. But he was still better because he was fundamentally sound and plays the game the way it was supposed to be played," Worthy said. "There's not a lot of one on one. LeBron wouldn't have as much success playing one-on-one game against Patrick Ewing and David Robinson. He' be met at the rim. It just doesn't happen.... Guys were defensively minded and I don't see that as much in today's game."

Still, even if Worthy said there's nothing Team USA could do in the 2012 London Olympics to change his sentiment, he understood why Bryant showed such confidence.

"What else is he going to say?" Worthy said. "He's on the current team. It's just like could my era beat the era 20 years ago? Of course."

LINK

Worthy gets him. Why not most of the people on RealGM?

Because the level of hatred towards him is ridiculous
Anything he says or does,I mean anything,and some posters would have something to complain about

Someone should make a fake site and make up a fake story about Kobe killing some civilians,I'm willing to bet anything that some of the GB turds would buy that story and start spreading the hate around
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,300

Post#90 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:42 am

the knicks board and the GB are chock full of crazy about lin
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#91 » by crazyeights » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:54 pm

How does Lin to the Rockets affect their master cap-clearing plan to nab Dwight?
miggs
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Post#92 » by miggs » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:26 pm

Aldridge wrote:Sources: Wizards leaning toward using amnesty on Andray Blatche. Story up soon.

Leonsis is finally realizing no one wants Blatche at that price :lol:
2014: Randle / Clarkson
2015: Russell / Nance
2016: Ingram / Zubac
2017: Top 3 Pick? :nod: Fultz, Ball or Bust
tugs
RealGM

Post#93 » by tugs » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:40 am

man, dat Kings team.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#94 » by milesfides » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:39 pm

News of the Knicks not matching Lin caused MSG's stock to drop more than the value of Jeremy Lin's contract.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/20 ... -contract/

Every time Jim Buss and the Laker front office frustrate you, just remember, things can always be worse.

James Dolan.

Let me tell you, as somebody living in the NYC area, it's a little scary bringing up the Knicks around here.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
miggs
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by miggs » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:43 pm

milesfides wrote:News of the Knicks not matching Lin caused MSG's stock to drop more than the value of Jeremy Lin's contract.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/20 ... -contract/

Every time Jim Buss and the Laker front office frustrate you, just remember, things can always be worse.

James Dolan.

Let me tell you, as somebody living in the NYC area, it's a little scary bringing up the Knicks around here.

I just had a HUGE dispute with a friend over this issue, I still think New York should've just matched, the kid won't make those $15m until the third year, he could break out by then. He's definitely a great prospect, definitely. I agree miles, that's why i've OFFICIALLY been saying JiMitch now, can't just give credit to Mitch and assume Jim is a pure idiot considering that I felt he'd never truly entertain trading Bynum and I was wrong, I feel so good about being wrong about Jim. I think the guy isn't an idiot after all.
miggs
Lead Assistant

Post#96 » by miggs » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:43 pm

tugs wrote:man, dat Kings team.

Yea man that team is looking real scary. Could be the Thunder 2.0 in a very very short time.
miggs
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by miggs » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:46 pm

Go the Knicks forum and have fun with that melt down over the Knicks current inclination of NOT matching Lin's offer. They believe Isiah is still behind the curtains controlling everything, those fans are REALLY screwed up since Isiah's days there :lol:
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#98 » by milesfides » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:14 am

What's really telling is that Daryl Morey let go of both Lowry and Dragic...and threw big money at Jeremy Lin.

That kind of reveals who Daryl Morey (big proponent of advanced stats) thinks is the best point guard among the three.

Can't say I disagree.

Although I rate Dragic and Lin fairly similarly (and in line to have breakout seasons next year, cracking top 10 PG status), Lin has the potential to tap that huge market in China, extending the Yao connection, so I'd do the same.

Huge gamble though on the Rockets' part. Crazy, crazy gamble, because NY should have done the logical thing and match for Lin.

You never know in this league. Owners matter. Individual personalities matter. Damn, what a crazy summer.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#99 » by Slava » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:45 am

Dragic is the better athlete of the two and the more natural player. Morey had to gamble because he every hand he played so far burned him pretty badly and he is lucky NY did not match, which they should have considering the revenue earned is likely a lot more significant than the luxury penalties they might pay.

If I'm not wrong they did not use their amnesty yet either, which they could do on Amare in a couple of years when the punitive taxes kick in.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,652

Post#100 » by dockingsched » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:54 am

they amnestied billups last yr so they could sign chandler
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore

Return to Los Angeles Lakers