Around the NBA 3.0

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Re: Around the NBA 3.0 

Post#441 » by TyCobb » Fri Nov 2, 2012 6:32 pm

I would have to say the whole franchise is the asset. The logo, the brand, its affiliation with the NBA, etc. In about 4 years the Nets could have better TV deals (like the Lakers), more on-court success, which would raise their worth much higher.

One example is the Washington Wizards, which sold for $550 million in 2010 after previous owner Abe Pollin died. Forbes listed the Wizards' worth at $322 million, suggesting the team was sold at too high of a price.

The Golden State Warriors were also sold for $450 million, even when Forbes said they were worth $315 million.
link

They should work on their auditing.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#442 » by Kilroy » Fri Nov 2, 2012 6:43 pm

TyCobb wrote:I would have to say the whole franchise is the asset. The logo, the brand, its affiliation with the NBA, etc. In about 4 years the Nets could have better TV deals (like the Lakers), more on-court success, which would raise their worth much higher.

One example is the Washington Wizards, which sold for $550 million in 2010 after previous owner Abe Pollin died. Forbes listed the Wizards' worth at $322 million, suggesting the team was sold at too high of a price.

The Golden State Warriors were also sold for $450 million, even when Forbes said they were worth $315 million.
link

They should work on their auditing.

Yep, and the Nets right now are all up-side, which makes them a very intriguing investment opportunity.
It's not so much about capital assets as it is about future gains and marketability... The potential earnings for the Nets will likely never be higher than they are today...
Which is exactly the kind of thing Porkhorov seems to excel at... Turning around investments and morphing potential earnings into real money in his pocket.

That, and I can't imaging the league is going to be too thrilled about dealing with an investment group as the owner of the Nets. Can you imagine negotiating a CBA with Porkhorov off running for Pres? It won't be long before the league is pressuring him to put a face to the ownership situation in Brooklyn... And who's it going to be? Jay-Z?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#443 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Fri Nov 2, 2012 8:33 pm

As part of the NBA’s BIG Color initiative, all teams participating in a Christmas Day game will wear a new uniform highlighting one of their team colors.

late pass but i did not believe the nba would force teams wear a new jersey. that's a big step. And the Lakers had to have had the worst one out the whole collection :evil:
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#444 » by Slava » Sat Nov 3, 2012 1:35 am

Man, this 2 man Miami fastbreak is so awesome!
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Kalidogg24
Head Coach
And1: 827

Post#445 » by Kalidogg24 » Sat Nov 3, 2012 2:22 am

James Harden with 45 points on 14-19 shooting from the field as the
Rockets take care of the Hawks in Atlanta!!!!!!

MVP? LoL
REST IN PARADISE GOAT
#TeamFlightBrothers
Father Time
Head Coach
And1: 467

Post#446 » by Father Time » Sat Nov 3, 2012 9:14 pm

Still no news on Delonte?

This Harden hype-train is out of control, and getting irritating to be honest. Yes, he's a great player but everybody already knew this. Is anyone honestly shocked that with an increased role he's putting up great numbers and playing great?
"There's nothing else I can do for them. I can give them some bulls---, and act like I'm a coach or something, but it's on them." - Popovich

Secret secrets are no fun. Secret secrets hurt someone.
thomas1897
Junior
And1: 86

Post#447 » by thomas1897 » Sat Nov 3, 2012 9:24 pm

The Lakers have been my favorite team since I was a teenager. The problems the Lakers are having can be associated with time. The core of the Lakers team are players well above 30 and near the end of their prime playing years. Steve Nash is a critical player because the position he plays; point guards are quick and are important piece of the offense and defensive. They are the first line of defense coming up the court. Next Kobe Bryant is still a threat but does not have the explosiveness that he once had. Metta World Peace has played his best basketball and is a good player you bring off the bench. Next Gasol is still a good player but has his weaknesses are luckluster performances missing in action and he goes into hybernation from time to time. Mr. Howard did the Lakers purchase damaged goods after last season's injury. Where is the bench? Is anyone going to show up and take charge. This is an expensive assembly of talent gone past its prime and (are use to be's). My assessment is the teams in the NBA like the Clippers have gotten better more talent quicker faster and youthful as well as teams like Golden State, Portland and many more teams on the rise and the Lakers are declining and fading fast into the sunset. Mitch can work some majic and does the management have your back because this team has not shown me nothing. You are paying these guys huge salaries and this team has the highest or near the top of all NBA payrolls and I know it is early but these guys are professionals and Los Angeles is one the top major NBA markets in this country so poor consistent performances are not acceptable and should not be tolerated.
Kalidogg24
Head Coach
And1: 827

Post#448 » by Kalidogg24 » Mon Nov 5, 2012 7:30 pm

LoL
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_kNTk_IIGU&sns=em[/youtube]
REST IN PARADISE GOAT
#TeamFlightBrothers
Imadogg
Banned User
And1: 250

Post#449 » by Imadogg » Tue Nov 6, 2012 6:00 am

Getting a Kyrie Irving jersey
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#450 » by EArl » Tue Nov 6, 2012 10:36 am

Kalidogg24 wrote:LoL
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_kNTk_IIGU&sns=em[/youtube]

:lol: :lol: Poor bastard. You can tell he wants to play for us.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#451 » by Doormatt » Tue Nov 6, 2012 12:46 pm

kyrie is the truth. not sure if he is gonna be best player in the league type stuff since i dont think his play making is on the level of guys like dwill/cp3, but hes just so awesome.

also its hilarious reading the suns board. they hate us so much lol
#doorgek
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#452 » by Doormatt » Tue Nov 6, 2012 12:46 pm

thomas1897 wrote:The Lakers have been my favorite team since I was a teenager. The problems the Lakers are having can be associated with time. The core of the Lakers team are players well above 30 and near the end of their prime playing years. Steve Nash is a critical player because the position he plays; point guards are quick and are important piece of the offense and defensive. They are the first line of defense coming up the court. Next Kobe Bryant is still a threat but does not have the explosiveness that he once had. Metta World Peace has played his best basketball and is a good player you bring off the bench. Next Gasol is still a good player but has his weaknesses are luckluster performances missing in action and he goes into hybernation from time to time. Mr. Howard did the Lakers purchase damaged goods after last season's injury. Where is the bench? Is anyone going to show up and take charge. This is an expensive assembly of talent gone past its prime and (are use to be's). My assessment is the teams in the NBA like the Clippers have gotten better more talent quicker faster and youthful as well as teams like Golden State, Portland and many more teams on the rise and the Lakers are declining and fading fast into the sunset. Mitch can work some majic and does the management have your back because this team has not shown me nothing. You are paying these guys huge salaries and this team has the highest or near the top of all NBA payrolls and I know it is early but these guys are professionals and Los Angeles is one the top major NBA markets in this country so poor consistent performances are not acceptable and should not be tolerated.

is that you thomas jefferson?
#doorgek
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#453 » by Slava » Tue Nov 6, 2012 3:36 pm

Knicks are for real.

How the hell did they find a guy like Prigioni out of nowhere? That guy is a solid PG defender at 35.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#454 » by EArl » Tue Nov 6, 2012 11:16 pm

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:Knicks are for real.

How the hell did they find a guy like Prigioni out of nowhere? That guy is a solid PG defender at 35.

If they can take out Miami in the playoffs ill be happy!
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#455 » by Wavy Q » Wed Nov 7, 2012 10:52 pm

Don't worry, Amare will come back and ruin it
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#456 » by TyCobb » Thu Nov 8, 2012 3:45 am

Wish we could've got Mayo to come off the bench.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#457 » by Doormatt » Thu Nov 8, 2012 3:50 am

we probably wouldnt play him anyways since hes skinny and doesnt play defense.
#doorgek
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,924

Post#458 » by tugs » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:51 am

nice hairline though
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#459 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Thu Nov 8, 2012 6:02 am

odoms just chilling, eating candy, living in la, getting paid
ricochet
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#460 » by ricochet » Fri Nov 9, 2012 1:10 am

eablinksum wrote:
SlavaMedvedenko wrote:Knicks are for real.

If they can take out Miami in the playoffs ill be happy!

:rofl:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers