Around the NBA 3.0

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Re: Around the NBA 3.0 

Post#521 » by TyCobb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:55 pm

D'Antoni needs to hop off Nash's nuts. He seems like a fraud who doesn't try hard to hide it. :-?
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#522 » by Kilroy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:39 pm

TyCobb wrote:D'Antoni needs to hop off Nash's nuts. He seems like a fraud who doesn't try hard to hide it. :-?

Agreed... Mike Brown was a fraud who tried pretty hard to hide it...

Nashtoni seems like; "You want to pay me to coach a team with Steve Nash on it?!?! Suckers!"
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#523 » by TyCobb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:45 pm

:lol: Nashtoni! Brilliant. :rofl: I'm gonna have to use that from now on.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#524 » by Kilroy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:28 am

8-) Feel free... But I own marketing and product licensing rights.
Let's hope we look at the nickname as a badge of honor soon. 8-)

As in: "Nashtoni!! FTW!"
Instead of: "Nastoni! WTF?!"
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#525 » by TyCobb » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:31 am

Yeah, I'm hoping I'm just being ignorant with Nash and his impact. Well, I know what type of impact he is capable of, but I'm worried about his health and if this dude can only coach when Nash is on the court... yeahhh that's where I'm coming from.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#526 » by Kilroy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:34 am

After Brown was hired I was first Confused and disappointed, then optimistic, and then every time he opened his mouth I got progressively more concerned until they fired his ass...

To be honest, I'm starting to get the same vibe from the other Mike.

I really want to believe anything at all other than this guy can't coach a team without a prime Nash, and that he doesn't feel like he can win without the exact players he had on his Phoenix teams... No matter how old they are now...
But I swear, every time he speaks, that's what it sounds like to me.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#527 » by TyCobb » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:37 am

I hated the Mike Brown hiring as soon as I found out. I hate this hiring too knowing we had PJ right there willing to come back. Then the Lakers management James Hardened him and hired Mike's brother from another mother. I rate D'Antoni much hire than Mike Brown, but the more he talks...
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#528 » by Slava » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:13 am

Mike d Antoni might be a one trick pony but atleast he knows a trick.

Mike Brown was utterly hopeless from day 1 except that Thunder series, when I thought he did a good job of setting up a compact defense.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,904

Post#529 » by Jakay » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:19 am

TyCobb wrote:Yeah, I'm hoping I'm just being ignorant with Nash and his impact. Well, I know what type of impact he is capable of, but I'm worried about his health and if this dude can only coach when Nash is on the court... yeahhh that's where I'm coming from.

Nashtoni... but it's only fair. To teach the team any other system would be futile, but without Nash to teach them personally how he runs it is a crap way to have to watch it implemented.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#530 » by Slava » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:23 pm

These guys are something else, they just play the games at their own convenience now. :lol:

The San Antonio Spurs have sent four of their top-five leading scorers back home instead of playing the Miami Heat on Thursday in a nationally televised game.

Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Danny Green did not travel with the team after Wednesday night’s win in Orlando.

The Spurs were already without Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson.

Gregg Popovich will have nine active players.

“We’re getting tired,” Popovich said. “We’ve had a six-day trip and a 10-day trip. Usually you don’t have that in one month.”
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#531 » by Danny Darko » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:53 am

Interesting. I can see both points of view. Not really fair to the fans, but 4 games in 5 days with an older team? Pop should have maybe just played them token minutes.
Kalidogg24
Head Coach
And1: 827

Post#532 » by Kalidogg24 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:54 am

Danny Darko wrote:Interesting. I can see both points of view. Not really fair to the fans, but 4 games in 5 days with an older team? Pop should have maybe just played them token minutes.

Plus almost beating the Heat with just their bench. 9 players to be exact.
They were up almost the entire game until the final minute where they eventually lost by 5.

Pop is a genius and you can see why Phil wanted more front office authority if he was to come back to coach us. Pop has that power in San Antonio and this was more than just resting his Big 4.
Early season Mind Games.
REST IN PARADISE GOAT
#TeamFlightBrothers
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#533 » by GAME TIME » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:56 am

Having to hear Barkley with his Lebron love fest :roll: :lol:

Barkely is trolling. Lebron makes a few nice plays and talks like he is from another planet :lol:

Pop is such a great coach. Even though he sat out his players today, the Spurs play so fluid and play hard every night.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#534 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:19 am

so who here thinks D'antoni doesn't have a trick. Nash is the one with the trick.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#535 » by Doormatt » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:25 am

Kalidogg24 wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:Interesting. I can see both points of view. Not really fair to the fans, but 4 games in 5 days with an older team? Pop should have maybe just played them token minutes.

Plus almost beating the Heat with just their bench. 9 players to be exact.
They were up almost the entire game until the final minute where they eventually lost by 5.

Pop is a genius and you can see why Phil wanted more front office authority if he was to come back to coach us. Pop has that power in San Antonio and this was more than just resting his Big 4.
Early season Mind Games.

i love phil but he has never shown that he can coach as well as pop. hes great at managing egos and has a great system with the triangle but he has never been what pop is.
#doorgek
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#536 » by Doormatt » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:33 am

snaquille oatmeal wrote:so who here thinks D'antoni doesn't have a trick. Nash is the one with the trick.

i dont understand why all of you are talking about tricks and you all expect dantoni to wave a magic wand to fix our problems. its honestly really silly some of the things ive seen written in the past few days/weeks. the lakers problem, for the most part, has been personnel. we simply dont have a team to accommodate our stars.

for gods sake people actually are starting to think darius morris is a decent nba player when he is clearly awful. we have the most hilarious guard rotation in the league and metta is actually becoming a bright spot on our offense. you cant expect a coach to fix these problems, granted i dont think brown was doing a good job and do think dantoni can do better given his offensive system+nash.

also nash is an amazingly good player. if you just look at the talent hes been working with the past few years and just how good hes made them, you shouldnt wonder why dantoni so expects him to fix a lot of our problems offensively. he is that good. his impact on a per minute basis is still at a superstar level, arguably at this point hes a more impactful player than kobe. in fact last year i think many people would argue, especially those that use +/-, that nash was a better player. dont let his age fool you.
#doorgek
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#537 » by Doormatt » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:34 am

anyways probably not the thread for all that but the hate and criticism is just getting so annoying to read.
#doorgek
Kalidogg24
Head Coach
And1: 827

Post#538 » by Kalidogg24 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:02 am

Doormatt wrote:i love phil but he has never shown that he can coach as well as pop. hes great at managing egos and has a great system with the triangle but he has never been what pop is.

Phil was never an X's and O's Lab Scientist like Pop but in no way was he terrible.
Also Pop never had to deal with any egos like the players Phil has had during his tenure.

Dont get it twisted bro, I feel that Phil had his dull moments ( 2011 playoffs against the Mavs)
but giving him the chance to run the team as a Coach and a Co-General Manager was never an option. An if he was given that power who knows what he could of accomplished?

I mean who else would truly know what type of players the team would really benefit
the most from than the head coach?

Pop has that power. An as proof look at their roster every year.
1-12 strong and they really don't have many weaknesses.
REST IN PARADISE GOAT
#TeamFlightBrothers
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#539 » by TyCobb » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:10 am

Doormatt wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:so who here thinks D'antoni doesn't have a trick. Nash is the one with the trick.

i dont understand why all of you are talking about tricks and you all expect dantoni to wave a magic wand to fix our problems. its honestly really silly some of the things ive seen written in the past few days/weeks. the lakers problem, for the most part, has been personnel. we simply dont have a team to accommodate our stars.

for gods sake people actually are starting to think darius morris is a decent nba player when he is clearly awful. we have the most hilarious guard rotation in the league and metta is actually becoming a bright spot on our offense. you cant expect a coach to fix these problems, granted i dont think brown was doing a good job and do think dantoni can do better given his offensive system+nash.

also nash is an amazingly good player. if you just look at the talent hes been working with the past few years and just how good hes made them, you shouldnt wonder why dantoni so expects him to fix a lot of our problems offensively. he is that good. his impact on a per minute basis is still at a superstar level, arguably at this point hes a more impactful player than kobe. in fact last year i think many people would argue, especially those that use +/-, that nash was a better player. dont let his age fool you.

For me, it's that D'Antoni is relying on Steve Nash to fix the problems. PJ has proven he can win a roster like we currently have. He won with Fisher at the PG spot. I know what type of impact Steve Nash is capable of, like I've said before, but his health is a big concern.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,624

Post#540 » by madmaxmedia » Sat Dec 1, 2012 1:14 am

Kilroy wrote:After Brown was hired I was first Confused and disappointed, then optimistic, and then every time he opened his mouth I got progressively more concerned until they fired his ass...

To be honest, I'm starting to get the same vibe from the other Mike.

I really want to believe anything at all other than this guy can't coach a team without a prime Nash, and that he doesn't feel like he can win without the exact players he had on his Phoenix teams... No matter how old they are now...
But I swear, every time he speaks, that's what it sounds like to me.

I was really starting to feel the same, read this in the morning and it made me feel a little better:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... ni-support
"I just don't see how a player as smart as [Gasol] is, as talented as he is, as big as he is, doesn't fit into anybody's scheme. Then I've got to re-examine myself and think, 'I can't play with Pau Gasol?' C'mon. He's won two championships. I gotta rethink what I'm doing."

"Within the numbers, there's some good stuff -- defensively, mostly -- that, in the long haul, will make us contenders," D'Antoni said. "In the short run, our offense is anemic right now. It's not very good. The ball doesn't move. We don't do a lot of things that we should be doing, and we gotta figure that out. Again, a little bit (should improve) when we get everybody back. But at the same time, we gotta get better than 77 points (against the Pacers). I mean, that's kind of ridiculous.

"Like any coach that comes into a new situation, you gotta break habits without a training camp. Not bad habits. It's just different habits. We want to play a different way. It takes a while. It's like when you start a new golf swing. The first couple times out, you feel pretty good and you're like, 'Oh, boy! This is great!' And by the fifth time out, you're going, 'Oh, man!' You gotta work through it."

Then later he talks about Nash again. But hopefully he is really focused on how they are playing now, not how they will be playing when Nash gets back.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers