ImageImageImageImageImage

Tracking Bynum's progress

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Re: Tracking Bynum's progress 

Post#141 » by LApwnd » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:29 pm

hope he least plays this season, hate how the haters think we're always raping people on trades....this just adds to their fuel lol
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#142 » by Slava » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:09 am

:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#143 » by Anklebreaker702 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:28 am

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:Image

:lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
VETERAN LAKER FAN
butter17
Starter
And1: 0

Post#144 » by butter17 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:03 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,970

Post#145 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:09 am

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:Wonder how legit this is:

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2012/11/1 ... um=twitter

Forget where I read this, but there was also an anonymous quote from a Laker teammate who said Andrew likes basketball less than anyone he's ever played with. I get happier we traded him with each passing day.
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant
And1: 322

Post#146 » by DrewBynum77 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:24 am

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:Image

:lol:

I lost myself for a monent, lol.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#147 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Not sure about the source, but Bynum could be done for the year:

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/2 ... ck_check=1
eckoner
Sixth Man
And1: 208

Post#148 » by eckoner » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:19 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1215185

Wow possibly out for the season!

I had a feeling this would happen a....and it's a contract year for him.

Wow just wow
crazy8ights
Analyst
And1: 75

Post#149 » by crazy8ights » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:25 pm

wow, we made out like bandits with the trade but we all already knew that :)
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#150 » by Slava » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:33 pm

I was thinking Denver got the best out of that deal but now its not even close, we actually got Dwight Howard for a crock? :lol:

Mitch God!
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,677

Post#151 » by dockingsched » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:41 pm

wouldn't be surprised if bynum ends up being out for a yr, but i'll hold judgement til its from someone treating him.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#152 » by Slava » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:51 pm

I think its in his best interests to take those 4 months off and play well in the playoffs to secure that contract. There's a good chance he'll get blackballed into a 10-12 mil per year deal otherwise.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#153 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:11 pm

well...label me as a "slight" critic . . . but when it comes time to give props, wheres everybody at?

JIM BUSS, YOU ARE DA MAN! You brought in this dude and turned him into dwight howard!!
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#154 » by Kilroy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:20 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:well...label me as a "slight" critic . . . but when it comes time to give props, wheres everybody at?

JIM BUSS, YOU ARE DA MAN! You brought in this dude and turned him into dwight howard!!

You know, rhetoric aside, there is something to this...

For years we were ripping Jim for labeling Bynum "Untouchable"... But that did nothing but drive up his value, if you think about it...

Most of that time, Bynum was injured and it became clear he had gimpy knees... But the owner of the most successful franchise in the league pays him handsomely and keeps calling him untouchable, and people forget about the injury concerns and start believing in his value... Then he has one healthy season, and is immediately traded... For the best Center in the league.

In retrospect, there definitely does seem to be some gamesmanship at work there...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#155 » by The Laker Kid » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Jimboy goes to a garage sale, finds a bike, cleans it up and rides it. While riding, he noticed the bike had a cracked fork. He then went to the garage and covered it up with a sharpie. An hour later, his rider friends came, and they were amazed by this "score" of a bike. Several of his buddies offered to buy it. "Nope, sorry, not for sale", he exclaimed while puffing his chest. "It's a collectible" he uttered. His friends looked up to him, as he is riding the "holy grail". As time passed, the bike continued to break down, unbeknownst to his friends, and each time his sharpie came out of the toolbox to fix it. Then one day, one of his friends had a brand new bike - a real desirable one at that. The only problem? This kid's bike was too big for him. Jimbo saw the kid and asked what the problem was. As the kid explained, Jimboy offered a trade - the kid's eyes lit up, he couldn't believe his luck so he said yes! As the kid was riding home, the fork snapped and the kid banged his head on the bars as Jimboy rode away with the new bike. The End.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#156 » by Kilroy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:20 pm

The Laker Kid wrote:Jimboy goes to a garage sale, finds a bike, cleans it up and rides it. While riding, he noticed the bike had a cracked fork. He then went to the garage and covered it up with a sharpie. An hour later, his rider friends came, and they were amazed by this "score" of a bike. Several of his buddies offered to buy it. "Nope, sorry, not for sale", he exclaimed while puffing his chest. "It's a collectible" he uttered. His friends looked up to him, as he is riding the "holy grail". As time passed, the bike continued to break down, unbeknownst to his friends, and each time his sharpie came out of the toolbox to fix it. Then one day, one of his friends had a brand new bike - a real desirable one at that. The only problem? This kid's bike was too big for him. Jimbo saw the kid and asked what the problem was. As the kid explained, Jimboy offered a trade - the kid's eyes lit up, he couldn't believe his luck so he said yes! As the kid was riding home, the fork snapped and the kid banged his head on the bars as Jimboy rode away with the new bike. The End.

Well, **** man... When you put it like that, I guess Jim Buss is a real douche...
Bummer.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#157 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:39 pm

The thing is, Andrew's injury history was well-known to everybody. Our own trainer has been quoted in the media as saying that Andrew's skeletal structure lends itself to injuries. And the Sixers would have had every opportunity to have their own experts examine Andrew with a fine-tooth comb. So there was no skullduggery whatsoever, positive or negative.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#158 » by semi-sentient » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:12 pm

God damn we dodged a hollow-point bullet by moving Bynum.

Can you imagine how screwed we'd be if Pau had to play the 5 all year with Nash in and out on top of that?
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,677

Post#159 » by dockingsched » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:18 pm

the best part of the trade isn't necessarily what the lakrs got, to me is not having to decide whether bynum should get a long term max deal. make no mistake, if bynum was still on the lakers, they would not only have had their season destroyed, they'd still be in a position where they can't even afford to let bynum walk and are forced to commit long term to him.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Ghost Snack
Junior
And1: 30

Post#160 » by Ghost Snack » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Sad to what's going on with Bynum. I really hope he has a speedy recovery. Curious to see how his contract situation works out.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers