ImageImageImageImageImage

Tracking Bynum's progress

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Re: Tracking Bynum's progress 

Post#61 » by LApwnd » Tue Nov 6, 2012 8:55 pm

Most of us knew this was only a matter of time, only the blind homers thought otherwise.
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#62 » by Run-MKE 311 » Tue Nov 6, 2012 9:14 pm

I will always have a soft spot for Bynum, he did help the Lakers to two rings.

Certainly the frustration over maturity, consistancy, and injury, has lead me to become disenchanted with Drew, but he was a key piece to this organization.

I will be curious to track his progress now that he is the man and has been paid. Condition and health are the keys for him now and always.
Ball so hard.
Speedlot
Lead Assistant
And1: 697

Post#63 » by Speedlot » Tue Nov 6, 2012 9:26 pm

He did NOTHING for the two rings. People like to rewrite history.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,228

Post#64 » by EArl » Tue Nov 6, 2012 9:39 pm

Speedlot wrote:He did NOTHING for the two rings. People like to rewrite history.

The only thing he helped us do was acquire Gasol due to him being injured.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,942

Post#65 » by Sedale Threatt » Tue Nov 6, 2012 10:07 pm

Said it once, say it 1,000 times more: So glad we don't have to deal with this any more.
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#66 » by Wavy Q » Tue Nov 6, 2012 10:17 pm

My authentic Lakers Bynum jersey looks better and better
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,445

Post#67 » by Slava » Tue Nov 6, 2012 10:51 pm

Imagine how f'ed we'd be right now without Dwight and with Bynum injured for God knows how long. Panic Brown might just have started Steve Blake at center.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#68 » by semi-sentient » Wed Nov 7, 2012 12:18 am

... and Jamison at PG.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#69 » by Anklebreaker702 » Wed Nov 7, 2012 12:59 am

Speedlot wrote:He did NOTHING for the two rings. People like to rewrite history.

Like you're re-writing now. Without Drew we would officially be the Celtics b*tch again.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#70 » by GAME TIME » Wed Nov 7, 2012 1:54 am

eablinksum wrote:

^
These posts make me sick.

Bynum added an imposing physical force in the paint to bang and without that, the Celtics would had pushed Gasol around again in 10 like they did in 08
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,464

Post#71 » by picc » Wed Nov 7, 2012 1:58 am

Bynum was vital to winning our titles those two years, just by being there. His biggest contribution was allowing Pau to not guard centers all game. Small, but big.

Saying that, he was at best the 5th most important player on either title team.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#72 » by Anklebreaker702 » Wed Nov 7, 2012 6:52 am

picc wrote:Bynum was vital to winning our titles those two years, just by being there. His biggest contribution was allowing Pau to not guard centers all game. Small, but big.

It amazes me how everything Drew did for is is belittled. He absolutely abused the entire Celtics front line in 2010 on 1 leg, including "Mr. Defense" Perkins after KG b*tched Pau all the way out in '08.

I believe in game 2 he recorded the 2nd most blocks in Finals history & was the 2nd most dominant player in P & G behind Kobe until that leg swelled on him.after a lob on Game 3. So on & so forth. With that said I wish Drew the best but if this is the beginning of the end for him I'm one that wishes he could stay healthy for at least 5 straight seasons so he could reach his potential.

At the same time I'm glad the Lakers did trade him before he had no value left. Smart move.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Anklebreaker702
RealGM

Post#73 » by Anklebreaker702 » Wed Nov 7, 2012 6:54 am

eablinksum wrote:

Pau helped us get those 2 rings just like Drew, difference is Pau has been a pu**y ever since.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Speedlot
Lead Assistant
And1: 697

Post#74 » by Speedlot » Wed Nov 7, 2012 9:07 am

Anklebreaker702 wrote:
picc wrote:Bynum was vital to winning our titles those two years, just by being there. His biggest contribution was allowing Pau to not guard centers all game. Small, but big.

It amazes me how everything Drew did for is is belittled. He absolutely abused the entire Celtics front line in 2010 on 1 leg, including "Mr. Defense" Perkins after KG b*tched Pau all the way out in '08.

I believe in game 2 he recorded the 2nd most blocks in Finals history & was the 2nd most dominant player in P & G behind Kobe until that leg swelled on him.after a lob on Game 3. So on & so forth. With that said I wish Drew the best but if this is the beginning of the end for him I'm one that wishes he could stay healthy for at least 5 straight seasons so he could reach his potential.

At the same time I'm glad the Lakers did trade him before he had no value left. Smart move.

So he had one good game against boston. 7 Blocks 19 pts 6 rebounds. In a loss no less. Yeah not seeing how without him we would be trash.
In our win he blocked 0, 1, 1, 0. No impact there. You said so yourself that his leg was swelling up from game 3, so it's easily said that he was useless in game 4-5-6-7. (He was)
Again not seeing how bynum was useful or NEEDED for us against Boston.

And yeah don't even talk about Orlando where he got slaughtered.
For our titles.
Kobe, Pau, Odom who is clearly better than bynum

Then there's Artest/Ariza and Fisher.

Yeah doesn't look good for Bynum here. I'll give bynum props for his series against OKC, with what do you know, NO PERKINS. Other than that he didn't do jack and we probably we would've been better off with Kwame Brown(ouch).
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#75 » by kblo247 » Wed Nov 7, 2012 10:40 am

6th

Kobe and Pau have no argument about being 1st and 2nd. Lamar was clearly the third most important guy in those 3 finals and b2b titles, the true member of the big 3.

Fisher was 4, not Bynum. It was fisher who guarded Iverson, Parker, and Deron all in one finals run with a torn tendon in his foot. It was fisher who hit the shots in Orlando. It was Fisher who rallied the troops and took a game in Boston. It was Fisher who guarded Ray Allen in 2010 and basically took him out the series after that one ridiculous Jesus like shooting game. And it was Fisher who in 2010 was the only Laker not named Kobe Bryant whose road numbers increased in every round away from staples while Bynums dipped, Ron's dipped in all but the pix series, and Paus dipped in every series but Utah away from Staples.

Ariza and Artest can be tied for fifth. We don't win without Ariza hot shooting and those steals. We damn sure don't get past OKC with Kobe limping the first 4 games if Ron didn't have lockdown papers on Durant. We don't win without Ron's putback, his close out game in PHX when Pau and Andrew were both ghost, and without his game 7.

Andrew was the 6th guy on those title team nothing more and nothing less. He contributed less than the five above to the win and loss record during the season because he was either injured or hobbled. He contributed less in the playoff runs as he missed 08 all together. Got taken out the starting lineup for Odom and benched in the Utah series in 09 in favor of Walton because he wouldn't put effort into defense on their bigs, got destroyed by Yao till he went down, and Pau manned the most minutes of anyone on the team versus Dwight. In 10 he had one dominant game versus Boston but it was a loss and he didn't really provide even what Luc Longley did for those Bulls teams of Phil as he faced 0 good centers in that whole run, unlike Longley, was a mediocre rebounder and basically 7 and 6 guy who never closed any important game because his defense wasn't good enough to be counted on when every marble was on the line
picc
RealGM

Post#76 » by picc » Wed Nov 7, 2012 5:13 pm

kblo247 wrote:

6th

Kobe and Pau have no argument about being 1st and 2nd. Lamar was clearly the third most important guy in those 3 finals and b2b titles, the true member of the big 3.

Fisher was 4, not Bynum.

I said 5th most important at best, not at worst. Clearly 09 was Kobe/Pau/LO/Ariza and '10 was Kobe/Pau/LO/Artest. Fisher and Bynum I think could be argued either way.

Fisher was a negative in the 09 run until the finals, where he stepped up. Bynum didn't contribute much either but he wasnt hurting the team like Derek was. And his presence allowed Pau to cross-match. I could see either way.

In '10 Fish played well in the entire playoff run, but Bynum also played better than 09. Fish had the more tangible impacts on the floor but again, Bynum occupying the C position was big. I would still probably argue Fish but its debatable.
picc
RealGM

Post#77 » by picc » Wed Nov 7, 2012 5:14 pm

Anklebreaker702 wrote:

I wouldn't say he abused them, but he did occupy space and have to be accounted for. That made a big difference from 08. Taking Perkins off Gasol was the moneymaker.

I strongly disliked him when he was here but since he's left the disdain has gone, and now i'm just curious to see him play as the 1 option. Which I don't think he'll be good at.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,942

Post#78 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Nov 7, 2012 6:53 pm

Anklebreaker702 wrote:Pau helped us get those 2 rings just like Drew...

Come on now. There's no comparing their respective contributions.
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#79 » by laduane1 » Wed Nov 7, 2012 7:07 pm

Hope AB is out another month
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,445

Post#80 » by Slava » Wed Nov 7, 2012 9:56 pm

The 76ers are going into meltdown now

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1207462&start=135

Westbrook36 wrote:I'm hoping that the plan isn't that they will keep saying "still progressing" every other week until Feb. to keep the fans interested and then eventually when the football season ends in Feb they announce Bynum needs surgery and is OFS.

Because this is just ridiculous. He has a frickin bone bruise. You'd think he was shot in the knee with a .50 cal bullet.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers