Miller
Gallinari

Nuggets:
Gasol
Rondo
World Peace
Terry

If this doesnt work we'll give up Green, Lee, Wilcox and Maybe Bradley

Please comment if it will be accepted or not, if not please fix it!

Thank You
Ballerbt
Sophomore
And1: 24

Re: Official trade thread 2012-13 

Post#603 » by Ballerbt » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:02 am

Celtics Fan Here

how do u guys like this trade:

Celtics:
Lawson
Howard
Chandler
Koufus

Lakers:
Pierce
McGee
Miller
Gallinari

Nuggets:
Gasol
Rondo
World Peace
Terry

Thank You
Ballerbt
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#604 » by Ballerbt » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:03 am

Celtics Fan Here

how do u guys like this trade:

Celtics:
Lawson
Howard
Chandler
Koufus

Lakers:
Pierce
McGee
Miller
Gallinari

Nuggets:
Gasol
Rondo
World Peace
Terry

Thank You
Notas A3
Rookie
And1: 138

Post#605 » by Notas A3 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:25 am

LouMamba wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bd3eff4

Do it Mitch. or some variant of this.

Bobcats out: Mullens, Session, Gordon
Bobcats in: Pau & steve blake

Lakers Out: Pau & steve blake
Lakers in: Danny Granger, Augustin, Mullens

Pacers Out: Granger, Augustin
In: Ben Gordon, Sessions

So Pacers give up the best player in the trade and receive Ben Gordon (lol) and the same PG in terms of Quality?
Let's Go Sixers!
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#606 » by Jajwanda » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:31 am

How about something simple that's young and can compete around Dwight:

Gasol to Philly for Spencer Hawes, Dorell Wright, and Nick Young

Nash to Toronto for Lowry+Gray

MWP for expirings, who knows where.

PG- Lowry, Duhon
SG- Bryant, Young
SF- Wright, Young
PF- Clark, Jamison
C- Dwight, Hawes

The bench needs a better PG, but the starters are all athletic and play great perimeter D supported by Dwight.

Offense:

Lowry at the top of the key running P and R, Kobe at the elbow, and Dwight in the low with space like he had in Orlando.
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#607 » by Powder Blue » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:44 am

Gasol for Iggy/Moz?

It was mentioned by Simmons on Grantland, i've warmed up to it.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#608 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:59 am

All these trades are dumb and never going to happen. Lakers don't panic like that, take it from a dude that's watched this team for 4 decades.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Powder Blue
Analyst

Post#609 » by Powder Blue » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:13 am

DEEP3CL wrote:All these trades are dumb and never going to happen. Lakers don't panic like that, take it from a dude that's watched this team for 4 decades.

Those were Jerry's Lakers....These are Jimmys
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#610 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:25 am

Powder Blue wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:All these trades are dumb and never going to happen. Lakers don't panic like that, take it from a dude that's watched this team for 4 decades.

You outsiders don't realize that Doc still gets last call on.....EVERYTHING.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Powder Blue
Analyst

Post#611 » by Powder Blue » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:32 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
Powder Blue wrote:

You outsiders don't realize that Doc still gets last call on.....EVERYTHING.

Meaning that he got you in this mess and you're gonna have to dig your way out of it. Kobe isn't getting any younger, you can't dump Howard/Gasol for picks, that does no good.

Keeping the roster intact isn't the answer either, unless Phil comes swooping in it's time to makes some trades.
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#612 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:46 am

Powder Blue wrote:Meaning that he got you in this mess and you're gonna have to dig your way out of it. Kobe isn't getting any younger, you can't dump Howard/Gasol for picks, that does no good.

Keeping the roster intact isn't the answer either, unless Phil comes swooping in it's time to makes some trades.
Every team hits a lull. This is why they went after Dwight in the first place, to avoid the lull. Transitioning from one era to another is the most difficult thing to do especially in basketball.

They're not going to keep this whole roster intact, they went into this knowing the window was short. The fans knew it was short. The core of this short window will be Kobe,Pau, Dwight,Nash, Hill, Meeks. These are the only players with more than 1 year on their deals. The plan after that is the 60 mil they may create in cap space.

Bottom line is this, yeah one day Kobe will be gone....but if the transition goes like how they plan it will a couple of other top players will be wearing Laker uniforms.

Now none of this is in stone, a lot has to do if Howard resigns. But the panic moves player wise like these trades you all seem to be pushing won't happen.

Now you tell me how in hell is Iggy and Timmifay or what ever the hell his name is going to help the Lakers ?

Do you realize how much money people here in LA spend on tickets ? They pay for stars, Iggy is simply a role player here while he may be a star to you people in Denver.

Further more the Lakers don't try to win with role playing centers. You may think this is arrogance...it's not. I've watch this franchise a long time, that's just the way it is here.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#613 » by Jajwanda » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:09 am

The Memphis Grizzlies have one of the absolute strongest starting lineups in the league. The Laker's five with Gasol and not Howard in kept up with that starting five on the road.

This can be salvaged.
Powder Blue
Analyst

Post#614 » by Powder Blue » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:15 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
Powder Blue wrote:Meaning that he got you in this mess and you're gonna have to dig your way out of it. Kobe isn't getting any younger, you can't dump Howard/Gasol for picks, that does no good.

Every team hits a lull. This is why they went after Dwight in the first place, to avoid the lull. Transitioning from one era to another is the most difficult thing to do especially in basketball.

They're not going to keep this whole roster intact, they went into this knowing the window was short. The fans knew it was short. The core of this short window will be Kobe,Pau, Dwight,Nash, Hill, Meeks. These are the only players with more than 1 year on their deals. The plan after that is the 60 mil they may create in cap space.

Bottom line is this, yeah one day Kobe will be gone....but if the transition goes like how they plan it will a couple of other top players will be wearing Laker uniforms.

Now none of this is in stone, a lot has to do if Howard resigns. But the panic moves player wise like these trades you all seem to be pushing won't happen.

Now you tell me how in hell is Iggy and Timmifay or what ever the hell his name is going to help the Lakers ?

Do you realize how much money people here in LA spend on tickets ? They pay for stars, Iggy is simply a role player here while he may be a star to you people in Denver.

Further more the Lakers don't try to win with role playing centers. You may think this is arrogance...it's not. I've watch this franchise a long time, that's just the way it is here.

I live in San Diego, i've made the trip u to Staples over 20 times over the past 4 years to see your beloved Lakers.

You say the Lakers don't panic.....explain to me why they fired Mike Brown so quickly before determining who would be their new head coach, then hiring MDA who's coaching style clearly doesn't match the personnel on the roster?

I get what you're saying about stars but LAL fans don't pay to see a team that won't make the playoffs either. Gasol is frequently the scapegoat when things go bad with the Lakers. Swapping him for Iggy makes your team a little better (Not one trade will make it all better, you know that) and I don't see him being missed by most.

Look at the circus the Lakers have turned into, they get more media attention now then what they get when they're winning. It's far from a lock that you re-sign Howard. Tweaking the roster and finishing the season stronger would help your cause.

The Lakers don't need more stars, that's what got you in this mess in the first place. You need role players, guys that can come off the bench and produce. I know enough about LA to know that no one up there sticks with the loser, that Clipper bandwagon gets more riders everyday.

I'm not a Laker hater, I'm a big fan of Kobe and it'd be a shame to see his last few years echo this season thus far.
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#615 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:31 am

PowderBlue I didn't say you were a hater and I didn't mean for my post to come off as a condescending one. If you're in Diego then you know all too well how it goes. And you're right about needing role players, over the years we've weakened ourselves by not valuing role players. Since 08 we've lost Farmar, Ariza and others that could at least score at a decent clip. These losses came from not really wanting to pay them. Buss only pays his stars and he simply thinks he can just add any role player. Well it don't work that way anymore.

Now our bench is laced with guys who are known for being streaky and don't produce much. Bottom line though I got a strong faith we'll smooth this out, maybe not this season but we'll get right with some tweaks here and there.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#616 » by Jajwanda » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:38 am

There's going to be a major decision to make within the next month or so. If Dwight looks like he's going to leave there's no way L.A. takes the chance of being stuck with absolutely nothing.

I could see a deal where L.A. says give me some role players, send Brook Lopez to Charlotte where they'd love to have him, and L.A. builds through the draft.

Something like:

- The original Dwight offer from Brooklyn
- Lopez for the Detroit pick from Charlotte
- A couple of role players plus an orgy of picks to L.A.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Post#617 » by TyCobb » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:08 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=apprpvs

Devin Harris and Al Horford for Dwight Howard and Devin Ebanks.

PG: Steve Nash, Devin Harris, Steve Blake (injured), Chris Duhon
SG: Kobe Bryant, Jodie Meeks, Darius Morris
SF: Metta World Peace, Earl Clark
PF: Al Horford, Antawn Jamison
C: Pau Gasol, Jordan Hill (injured), Robert Sacre
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
LouMamba
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#618 » by LouMamba » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:51 pm

Powder Blue wrote:Gasol for Iggy/Moz?

It was mentioned by Simmons on Grantland, i've warmed up to it.

This could do it...
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#619 » by JohnVancouver » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:07 am

I don't play this game much but -

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wpjyc9
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#620 » by Penberthy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:29 am

JohnVancouver wrote:I don't play this game much but -

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wpjyc9

I actually like that one a lot. Seems plausible too.

On second thought, he would never re-sign in Den, so its a nonstarter.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers