Re: Official trade thread 2012-13 

Post#481 » by bbfan4life » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:43 pm

RamonSessions7 wrote:
bbfan4life wrote:
dockingsched wrote:- get older
- get slower
- get worse defensively

sounds like it makes total sense

Who gives you a better chance to win a championship with Nash and Kobe in the next 2 years? Dirk or Howard? I'm assuming the lakers have a 1-2 year window with current roster.

Howard, not that this current roster is gonna win anyway. Our defense with Dirk wouldn't be to stop anybody in the playoffs not matter how much a Dirk would improve our O.

I guess watching Dirk singlehandedly drag a team of role players to a championship over James, Wade, Bosh has made me a little biased. The only reason I'd even consider the trade is the age of Dirk. Dallas is rebuilding.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Post#482 » by RamonSessions7 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:49 pm

bbfan4life wrote:
RamonSessions7 wrote:
bbfan4life wrote:Who gives you a better chance to win a championship with Nash and Kobe in the next 2 years? Dirk or Howard? I'm assuming the lakers have a 1-2 year window with current roster.

Howard, not that this current roster is gonna win anyway. Our defense with Dirk wouldn't be to stop anybody in the playoffs not matter how much a Dirk would improve our O.

I guess watching Dirk singlehandedly drag a team of role players to a championship over James, Wade, Bosh has made me a little biased. The only reason I'd even consider the trade is the age of Dirk. Dallas is rebuilding.

Yeah but Dirk had good to very good, smart defensive players around him, while we lack extremely in that arena.
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#483 » by Cashin out » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:59 pm

LAkersWorld1 wrote:Unfortunately, I've heard on this board that Hoopsworld is not a great credible source??? Dunno. I could be wrong. However, if their report is true, it would be good to have an SG like Tyreke Evans.

Yeah it's probably not true since it's Hoopsworld reporting it,but if we can get Tyreke Evans it would be a huge steal IMO.
LAkersWorld1
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#484 » by LAkersWorld1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:27 pm

Exactly!
I figure... the Kings are likely moving from Sac-Town. Toronto is "reportedly" now in a rebuilding phase. Memphis is trading pieces that positions them to win now. I guess what I'm trying to say is that all teams would benefit in way or another.
KingLakers
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#485 » by KingLakers » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:48 pm

A trade mentioned a couple weeks back by one the ESPN analysts I dont remember which one put out the idea of sending Pau to Boston for Green, Bradley now it wont work financially with those 3 players but adding Bass makes it work i've tried it on the trade checker. This trade makes sense to me the Lakers get a stretch 4 in Green and a very good perimeter defender in Bradley. The Celtics get in return a big man in Pau which puts KG back at PF. Lakers will need to waive 1 player if something like this happens I would say cut Ebanks because he seems to be completely out of the rotation.
Lakers roster after trade;
PG- Nash, Blake, Duhon, Morris
SG- Bradley, Meeks
SF- Kobe, MWP, Clark
PF- Green, Bass, Jamison
C- Dwight, Hill, Sacre
Bradley starts because he's the perfect player to take that role Morris had before all the big men got hurt.
GO LAKERS
politm
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#486 » by politm » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:53 pm

AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#487 » by AcecardZ » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:43 am

KingLakers wrote:A trade mentioned a couple weeks back by one the ESPN analysts I dont remember which one put out the idea of sending Pau to Boston for Green, Bradley now it wont work financially with those 3 players but adding Bass makes it work i've tried it on the trade checker. This trade makes sense to me the Lakers get a stretch 4 in Green and a very good perimeter defender in Bradley. The Celtics get in return a big man in Pau which puts KG back at PF. Lakers will need to waive 1 player if something like this happens I would say cut Ebanks because he seems to be completely out of the rotation.
Lakers roster after trade;
PG- Nash, Blake, Duhon, Morris
SG- Bradley, Meeks
SF- Kobe, MWP, Clark
PF- Green, Bass, Jamison
C- Dwight, Hill, Sacre
Bradley starts because he's the perfect player to take that role Morris had before all the big men got hurt.

All good but I doubt the Celtics make any sort of move that would help the Lakers get a 17th championship.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
hoops_32
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#488 » by hoops_32 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:21 pm

How about this trade?

Lakers Trade:Gasol
Lakers Get:Gay

Grizlies Trade:Gay
Grizzlies Get:Ellis, Dunleavy

Bucks Trade:Ellis, Dunleavy
Bucks Get:Gasol

Pau Gasol doesn't look comfortable in the offense and he might never will. If the team doesn't improve soon this trade could help us out a lot both now and in the future. Gay is a talented all around player and would give us youth and athleticism that we desperately need. The only downside of this trade is Gay's contract which would prevent us from making a big splash in free agency in 2014. But pairing up Gay and Howard would be great for the future considering Kobe only has a couple years left. Getting Gay would allow MWP to come off the bench and make our bench deeper and better. After the trade the team would look like this once healthy:

PG-Nash/Blake
SG-Kobe/Meeks
SF-Gay/MWP
PF-Jamison/Clark
C-Howard/Hill
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,225

Post#489 » by EArl » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:25 pm

We would need to get a serviceable forward in return. If this happens we should sign Kenyon Martin. Im still not sold on Clark. He needs to be consistent for a few more games.

If Clark s all he is cracked up to be then sign West with the trade mentioned above.

Nash/West
Kobe/Morris/Meeks
Gay/Metta
Martin/Jamison/Clark
Howard/Hill
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
politm
Pro Prospect

Post#490 » by politm » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:29 pm

What happens if Howard doesn't resign with us ?
hoops_32
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#491 » by hoops_32 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:34 pm

politm wrote:What happens if Howard doesn't resign with us ?

I believe that Howard will resign with us. He can make the most money and has the best chance of winning by staying. Although he is probably frustrated with all of the losing I don't think he wants to deal with all the criticism of leaving all over again.
politm
Pro Prospect

Post#492 » by politm » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:52 pm

hoops_32 wrote:
politm wrote:What happens if Howard doesn't resign with us ?

I believe that Howard will resign with us. He can make the most money and has the best chance of winning by staying. Although he is probably frustrated with all of the losing I don't think he wants to deal with all the criticism of leaving all over again.

That would be great.
The only thing I'm afraid is that if we trade Gasol and Howard doesn't resign, we're pretty much screwed... :-?
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach
And1: 53

Post#493 » by cellomac1212 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:17 am

Would a straight up trade with the Bucks be worth it?

-Lakers give Bucks Gasol
-Bucks give Lakers Monta and Illyasova

Monta solves your speed issue while Illyasova fills the role Gasol is playing now but better. Gasol is much better than Illy, but in his current role and what he is being asked to do, Illyasova may fit it better, IMO. I think both teams instantly get better. But, realistically from outside in, I think the Lakers real problem is coaching. Your team has way too much talent to be struggling as is. But if the Lakers plan on being competitive with this type of coaching, they will need the types of players that will make it possible...
EnigmaticProblem
Sixth Man
And1: 324

Post#494 » by EnigmaticProblem » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:13 pm

What do you guys think Metta can get us at this point? I don't think I can bear watching him think he's LeBron for another year. I guarantee he thinks he's in the top ten. . .

I'd rather have Steve Nash taking half-court shots, to be completely honest.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant

Post#495 » by AcecardZ » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:47 pm

In my post above I express doubt the Celtics would ever do anything to help the Lakers but...

Paul Pierce might be available if Real GM sources are correct. How much of an upgrade is he to MWP at this point? I don't see why the Celtics would want Pau but perhaps a three team deal could be consummated? Send Pau to team X, player(s) from team X to Celtics, Pierce to LA?

Is my desperation showing? :(
StarneyBinston
Junior
And1: 41

Post#496 » by StarneyBinston » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:58 pm

AcecardZ wrote:In my post above I express doubt the Celtics would ever do anything to help the Lakers but...

Paul Pierce might be available if Real GM sources are correct. How much of an upgrade is he to MWP at this point? I don't see why the Celtics would want Pau but perhaps a three team deal could be consummated? Send Pau to team X, player(s) from team X to Celtics, Pierce to LA?

I can't even begin to understand how you would want Pierce on the Lakers...
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#497 » by Cashin out » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:04 pm

^Because Pierce>Gasol.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#498 » by jcsunsfan » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:19 pm

You will not improve your defense without a coaching change--pure and simple.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant

Post#499 » by AcecardZ » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Cashin out wrote:^Because Pierce>Gasol.

And way better than MWP...
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant

Post#500 » by AcecardZ » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:26 pm

StarneyBinston wrote:
AcecardZ wrote:In my post above I express doubt the Celtics would ever do anything to help the Lakers but...

I can't even begin to understand how you would want Pierce on the Lakers...

Pierce is still a very good SF, 20 PER vs MWP's PER of 13.

A lineup of Nash, Kobe, Pierce, Clark and Dwight would be pretty beastly imho. After all his years in Boston it wouldn't surprise me to find out Pierce wouldn't want to play for the Lakers but he is from LA and has a home here so I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility.

He's also a good defender and capable of getting his own shot which is something only Kobe has been able to consistently do so far this year for the Lakers.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers