ImageImageImageImageImage

Official trade thread 2012-13

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Re: Metta World Peace 

Post#461 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:45 pm

good you guys can keep shump. He's one of the worst offensive players in the league and he makes it worse by just chucking and chucking which he'd do in this system.
KnickBourne
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#462 » by KnickBourne » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:51 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:good you guys can keep shump. He's one of the worst offensive players in the league and he makes it worse by just chucking and chucking which he'd do in this system.

He actually did well in Dantoni offense, and he makes up for it, with his great defense. Where are ou getting these stats from?
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#463 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:56 pm

no he didn't. When he first started he was putting up anywhere from 10-20 shots a game in D'Antoni's system. He shot under 40% for the year while D'Antoni was coach. Barely shot 30% from 3 for the year and he couldn't even crack an 11PER despite playing almost 30mpg.
KnickBourne
Sophomore

Post#464 » by KnickBourne » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:58 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:no he didn't. When he first started he was putting up anywhere from 1020 shots a game in D'Antoni's system. He shot under 40% for the year while D'Antoni was coach. Barely shot 30% from 3 for the year and he couldn't even crack an 11PER despite playing almost 30mpg.

Come on, its a DANTONI Offense, we had Tony Douglas running the point as well. Look at his Woodson numbers, or even Lin at point guard. He certainly makes up for his shooting with his stiffling defense. Come on man, cant yall do us a favor with Metta WorldPeace? You guys probably arent making the playoffs anyway. We need some more tough guys.
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#465 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:00 pm

KnickBourne wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:no he didn't. When he first started he was putting up anywhere from 1020 shots a game in D'Antoni's system. He shot under 40% for the year while D'Antoni was coach. Barely shot 30% from 3 for the year and he couldn't even crack an 11PER despite playing almost 30mpg.

Come on, its a DANTONI Offense, we had Tony Douglas running the point as well. Look at his Woodson numbers, or even Lin at point guard. He certainly makes up for his shooting with his stiffling defense. Come on man, cant yall do us a favor with Metta WorldPeace? You guys probably arent making the playoffs anyway. We need some more tough guys.

sorry, not interested.
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#466 » by ak7 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:14 pm

You have a bunch of unwanted over the hill players or overrated young guys, nothing would interest us for Ron. But, hey, we are are in the same situation, bunch of unwanted, over the hill guys, and overrated young guys who shouldnt be on an NBA roster.
Father Time
Head Coach
And1: 467

Post#467 » by Father Time » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:40 pm

Novak and Brewer.
"There's nothing else I can do for them. I can give them some bulls---, and act like I'm a coach or something, but it's on them." - Popovich

Secret secrets are no fun. Secret secrets hurt someone.
TheRealLakersGM
Ballboy
And1: 0

Trade Scenario 

Post#468 » by TheRealLakersGM » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:45 pm

We are so bad defensively, so it is time for us to get some players to get better. As soon as Steve Blake returns from injury, I envision this 4 team trade: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bh6hxma

We move 4 players, get 2, plus sign Delonte West, thus have league minimum of 13. Financially we will be just slightly worse of where we are right now, by 1.2 mil the most.

Our lineup:
pg: Nash, West, Morris
sg: Kobe, Stevenson, Meeks
sf: World Peace, Ariza
pf: Gasol, Hill, Jameson
c: Howard, Sacre

We will get much better defensively (perimeter-wise) with West, Stevenson and Ariza. Plus we still follow our goal of not having long-term deals, so we could go after big names in 2014. Stevenson has a team option for 2014 and also 2015 season.

If we need to include 2019 1-st round pick to make this trade, so be it.
With this trade Atlanta is happy to exchange 1 sg-sf for 2 since they need a little help with small forwards.
Utah will happily exchange Bell (who is with the team but not playing) for a point guard, since Mo Williams is injured.
Washington has enough front court players, will happily exchange small forward for back court help. Plus Washington will also save money next year by having only Blake.
KnickBourne
Sophomore

Post#469 » by KnickBourne » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:49 pm

Father Time wrote:Novak and Brewer.

Lets make it happen!
MoLakers
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#470 » by MoLakers » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:50 pm

It's not like we can give him to u if u ask. We all have no power. I lol'ed when op said cmon give him to us. Finee we will. I want jr smith
TheRealLakersGM
Ballboy

Trade Scenario 

Post#471 » by TheRealLakersGM » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:55 pm

We are so bad defensively, so it is time for us to get some players to get better. As soon as Steve Blake returns from injury, I envision this 4 team trade: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bh6hxma

We move 4 players, get 2, plus sign Delonte West, thus have league minimum of 13. Financially we will be just slightly worse of where we are right now, by 1.2 mil the most.

Our lineup:
pg: Nash, West, Morris
sg: Kobe, Stevenson, Meeks
sf: World Peace, Ariza
pf: Gasol, Hill, Jameson
c: Howard, Sacre

We will get much better defensively (perimeter-wise) with West, Stevenson and Ariza. Plus we still follow our goal of not having long-term deals, so we could go after big names in 2014. Stevenson has a team option for 2014 and also 2015 season.

If we need to include 2019 1-st round pick to make this trade, so be it.
With this trade Atlanta is happy to exchange 1 sg-sf for 2 since they need a little help with small forwards.
Utah will happily exchange Bell (who is with the team but not playing) for a point guard, since Mo Williams is injured.
Washington has enough front court players, will happily exchange small forward for back court help. Plus Washington will also save money next year by having only Blake.
TARIQ
Veteran
And1: 225

Re: Official trade thread 2012-13 

Post#472 » by TARIQ » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:22 am

We need Tyreke Evans,ronnie brewer and steve novak

PG-Nash/Morris
SG-Kobe/Brewer
SF-Tyreke Evans/MWP/Steve Novak
PF-Gasol/Clark
C-Howard/Hill

If only real life was like 2k13
Wonderllama wrote:George/Hibbert = the next Kobe/Shaq?

PG seems like he could be even better than Kobe... IMO.
bbfan4life
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#473 » by bbfan4life » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:10 pm

Dirk for Howard? Trade makes sense for both teams.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,647

Post#474 » by dockingsched » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:28 pm

- get older
- get slower
- get worse defensively

sounds like it makes total sense
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
bbfan4life
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#475 » by bbfan4life » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:56 pm

dockingsched wrote:- get older
- get slower
- get worse defensively

Who gives you a better chance to win a championship with Nash and Kobe in the next 2 years? Dirk or Howard? I'm assuming the lakers have a 1-2 year window with current roster.
LAkersWorld1
Freshman

Post#476 » by LAkersWorld1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:13 pm

Fellaaaaaa’s! Happy New Year!

I haven’t posted in a while but, have kept tabs on everything LAkers and the board. We all agree our team defense SUCKS, coaching SUCKS. It sucks to see our beloved LAkers struggle so effing bad. It’s downright painful to watch my, OUR, team lose (period) but, especially to teams they can beat!

I admit I rode the bandwagon and wanted Brown gone, but, I certainly didn’t like D’Antoni hiring! I was actually crossing my fingers for Sloan to be the next coach IF Phil was not hired.

Sloan would have brought more of a defensive mindset and brought in asst coaches that can maximize these guys' defensive and offensive strengths. On offense he’d preach playoff tempo half-court sets; meaning (in a broad scope), posts or pick-in-rolls first with fast break play as an option when it presents itself – not the other way around. With this aging team, I don’t know what in sam’s hell Jim Buss was thinking (then again, Jerry Buss and Mitch agreed with) when hiring D’Antoni. We all knew his offensive system from the start and for the right personnel MDA’s offense is fun to watch, for a team designed to play half-court O, it sucks!

This team is built to win but not at an up-and-down pace and not without defense.

I think we all agree a trade should likely occur before the deadline. I’ve tried the following 4 teams/pieces in a trade scenario but didn’t work what with salaries and all. But, do you fellas think it’s a possibility to acquire both Tyreke Evans and Calderon? Here are the names I thought of:

Memphis:
Gay to: Toronto
Randolph to: Sacramento

LAL:
Gasol to: Memphis
Blake: Sacramento
Cash (???) To: ???

Sacramento:
Evans to: LAL (still has a ton of potential IMO, just hasn’t been tapped)
Cousins to: Toronto (available?)

Toronto:
Bargnani to: Memphis
Calderon to: LAL

LAL acquires YOUTH and an athletic SG that can learn from KB, a PG that can sub well for Nash. I believe these guys (if Howard resigns) can help mold a more favorable future for the LAkers than the unknown future we know now. I really don’t care about what happens to the other teams and their incoming players. I just care about our LAkers!

Your thoughts guys?

Thanks! Go LAkers!
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Post#477 » by RamonSessions7 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm

bbfan4life wrote:
dockingsched wrote:- get older
- get slower
- get worse defensively

Who gives you a better chance to win a championship with Nash and Kobe in the next 2 years? Dirk or Howard? I'm assuming the lakers have a 1-2 year window with current roster.

Howard, not that this current roster is gonna win anyway. Our defense with Dirk wouldn't be to stop anybody in the playoffs not matter how much a Dirk would improve our O.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#478 » by loveshaq786 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:15 pm

if we can get dirk and kaman.... while giving up blake or duhon.... I am all in for this move

Dwight, blake for Kaman and Dirk

we dont get younger but we do get better
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#479 » by Cashin out » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:19 pm

According to Hoopsworld,the Lakers/Celtics/Nuggets have all called the Kings about a Tyreke Evans deal.

It would be a steal if we could get Evans and let him learn from Kobe,he still has a lot of potential.
LAkersWorld1
Freshman

Post#480 » by LAkersWorld1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Unfortunately, I've heard on this board that Hoopsworld is not a great credible source??? Dunno. I could be wrong. However, if their report is true, it would be good to have an SG like Tyreke Evans.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers