JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Re: Official trade thread 2012-13 

Post#621 » by JohnVancouver » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:53 am

Penberthy wrote:
JohnVancouver wrote:I don't play this game much but -

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wpjyc9

I actually like that one a lot. Seems plausible too.

On second thought, he would never re-sign in Den, so its a nonstarter.

$30 million reasons to resign wherever he ends up, LA or traded somewhere - isn't that the amount extra his current team can spend in his next deal?
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#622 » by Penberthy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:26 am

Dwight for DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe, and Lamar Odom

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b80Bsw0UG-U
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#623 » by Kobe System » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:53 am

Penberthy wrote:Dwight for DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe, and Lamar Odom

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b80Bsw0UG-U

GTFO!
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#624 » by AcecardZ » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:32 am

Anything that gets us younger and more athletic. We die in the fourth quarters of every game. That's not due to bad coaching, unless you blame MDA for overplaying everybody, it's due to having old farts that can't hang with the young guns.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#625 » by loveshaq786 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:36 am

Why stop there? Let's trade Nash, jamison,and Dwight for Chris Paul, deandre, and lamar
JohnVancouver
General Manager

Post#626 » by JohnVancouver » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:08 pm

How about a youth movement, via TO?

Davis, Fields and DD, Bargs for Dwight and filler - unload Jamison, Duhon

works moneywise

Colangleo needs to swing for the fence about now - last year of his deal I believe and years of "next season"

bargs is not a bad value at $10 mil as a stretch 4, Davis is very good and Demar would thrive in LA. Fields we take to sweeten the deal but he's a good defender and 'all the little things' guy, which we need

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,025

Post#627 » by RamonSessions7 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:20 pm

Paying Fields and Bargnani 20.5 in 2 years is no good. Then Derozan at 10, Davis at whatever he signs for, and Nash at 9.7 Mil, our roster is basically set to be a lottery team.
LAFan24
Junior
And1: 9

Post#628 » by LAFan24 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:57 pm

Trade dwight and run through Pau. Gotta let him do what he did in the olympics.

Dwight for Rondo/Pierce/Green

Rondo/lowry
Kobe
Pierce
Green
Pau

Trade Steve for lowry
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,228

Post#629 » by TheHartBreakKid » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:52 pm

I came here to suggest Pau for Iggy/Mosgov and looks like Bill Simmons beat me to it. Mosgov is more than capable of backing up Dwight, and with Iggy not only does our defense improve, but we have another capable ball handler and Metta/Clark/Jamison could handle the minutes at the 4. I could see Denver doing it too, because they don't have a legit post threat. Start Pau with Faried, and you have Koufos and Mgee ready to play some minutes off the bench. They would still have solid depth with Brewer, Gallo, Chandler, and Hamilton on the wings, and they often play Miller and Lawson together. We could throw in Meeks just for depth.

And if we had to trade Dwight, I like the Horford Harris trade. Ideally we would get Teague, but we wouldn't have enough leverage to demand him. Harris is just what we need off the bench in a point guard, and Horford and Gasol will be a better front court than Dwight/Gasol imo, in terms of fit. The key would be somehow getting Korver and dumping Duhon, which imo doesn't seem too unrealistic.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,228

Post#630 » by TheHartBreakKid » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:54 pm

LAFan24 wrote:Trade dwight and run through Pau. Gotta let him do what he did in the olympics.

Dwight for Rondo/Pierce/Green

Rondo/lowry
Kobe
Pierce
Green
Pau

Trade Steve for lowry

PAu and Green fc is trouble. If anything, I would include Nash in the trade and get Bass/Lee. Still, our FC would be pretty small, and I don't see Boston trading us Rondo and Pierce, and I don't see Dwight wanting to stay in Boston.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant

Post#631 » by AcecardZ » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:09 am

We'd be really good if we just had another pg. playing with Nash and no backup is a killer! Where's a Ramon Sessions when you need one?
JohnVancouver
General Manager

Post#632 » by JohnVancouver » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:02 pm

AcecardZ wrote:We'd be really good if we just had another pg. playing with Nash and no backup is a killer! Where's a Ramon Sessions when you need one?

Wiretap says Raps want to unload Lowry ...

EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#633 » by EArl » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:57 pm

Are we interested in Lowry? and if so what would we ask from him?

Gasol and Morris/Steve B for Bargs and Lowry.

Nash
Kobe
Metta
Clark
Howard

bench
Lowry
Meeks
Jamison
Bargs

That would be a beefed up bench.

You can also do

Nash, Meeks, Kobe, Bargs, Howard

Nash, Meeks, Metta, Bargs, Howard
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
JohnVancouver
General Manager

Post#634 » by JohnVancouver » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:51 pm

eablinksum wrote:Are we interested in Lowry? and if so what would we ask from him?

Gasol and Morris/Steve B for Bargs and Lowry.

Nash
Kobe
Metta
Clark
Howard

bench
Lowry
Meeks
Jamison
Bargs

That would be a beefed up bench.

You can also do

Nash, Meeks, Kobe, Bargs, Howard

Nash, Meeks, Metta, Bargs, Howard

Il mago can be talked into playing defense and rebounding but even at his normal level of engagement he's a great stretch 4 for D'antoni's system. We still need an atheltic, fleet finisher - Davis, DeRozan - to make it worth dealing for him.

Wonder how desperate BC is?

AcecardZ
Lead Assistant

Post#635 » by AcecardZ » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:45 am

So re: Pau!!!

What are we going to see from this dude going forward? If he can keep playing like he did Friday I want to keep him but that was just one game. He's looked so horrible for long stretches of the season I'm not sure it's smart to expect any sort of consistent good play from him going forward.

Should we gamble on him returning to Pau of old or should we pull the trigger and ship him out? Is it even going to matter if we ship him out at this point? It would take time to get new players integrated into the "system" etc.

Wish I had the answers.
Minime83
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#636 » by Minime83 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:38 am

AcecardZ wrote:So re: Pau!!!

What are we going to see from this dude going forward? If he can keep playing like he did Friday I want to keep him but that was just one game. He's looked so horrible for long stretches of the season I'm not sure it's smart to expect any sort of consistent good play from him going forward.

Should we gamble on him returning to Pau of old or should we pull the trigger and ship him out? Is it even going to matter if we ship him out at this point? It would take time to get new players integrated into the "system" etc.

Wish I had the answers.

Yep exactly... It amazes me that only a week to 2 weeks ago everyone wanted him traded, then after 1 game or 2 everyone wants him to stay. Make up your minds already. I don't love or Hate Gasol but feel it's time to leave we need to get younger.

This has been going on all season. He has 1-3 good games and everyone likes him, then 1 bad and everyone wants him traded. Make up your minds already.
Minime83
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#637 » by Minime83 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:40 am

AcecardZ wrote:So re: Pau!!!

Wish I had the answers.

Yep exactly... It amazes me that only a week to 2 weeks ago everyone wanted him traded, then after 1 game or 2 everyone wants him to stay. Make up your minds already. I don't love or Hate Gasol but feel it's time to leave we need to get younger.

This has been going on all season. He has 1-3 good games and everyone likes him, then 1 bad and everyone wants him traded. Make up your minds already.
Gunner24
Junior
And1: 10

Post#638 » by Gunner24 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:23 am

I think trading Dwight would be the best idea at this stage. Unfortunately most team will not want him unless they know he will re sign with them.

An idea I had was Howard + Fillers to Milwaukee for Jennings and Sanders. Two young and very talented players. Although Howard would never sign with Milwaukee so I don't see why they would ever do it.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#639 » by EArl » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:39 am

Gunner24 wrote:I think trading Dwight would be the best idea at this stage. Unfortunately most team will not want him unless they know he will re sign with them.

An idea I had was Howard + Fillers to Milwaukee for Jennings and Sanders. Two young and very talented players. Although Howard would never sign with Milwaukee so I don't see why they would ever do it.

Is that you Mark?
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant

Post#640 » by AcecardZ » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:26 am

I have no interest in seeing Dwight traded. I'm not saying Dwight's perfect. Dwight is 100% a gamble but he's clearly our best gamble going forward.

We're never going to be a able to compete with the OKC's and Miami's of the world without taking some chances and one of those chances is relying on Dwight returning to his old form. Even if that happens we're probably still going to play second fiddle to the league's elite but at least we won't be in the lottery. And yes I'm familiar with the rationale that it's far better to suck than to be a middling team in the NBA and would normally go along but there are no kids coming up that are going to be the next LeBron or Durant anytime soon so sucking to try to luckbox one in the draft would be a waste.

It was an extremely shrewd move that landed us Kobe. Trading a skilled big in Vlade for an 18 year shooting guard out of high school was one of the greatest moves by a GM in league history. Good luck pulling another move like that anytime soon. Don't underestimate us though for we are the Lakers! ;)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers