yardbarker

Official trade thread 2012-13

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Slava, crazyeights, Kilroy

Post#511 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:14 pm by Kilroy

Tetlak wrote:Hey guys, one of our Bulls insiders allegedly is hearing that the Bulls and Lakers are talking. Names thrown out there include Teague, Rip, Jamison, Morris, Clark.

Any of this possibly make sense to you guys? Maybe like a Rip for Morris and Jamison?

Yeah, I think this board would implode if we traded Clark who's been one of the few bright spots this season.

Could be Rip/Teague for Jamison/Morris/Blake

And I'm sure Boozer/Rip/Teague for Pau/Morris/Jamison, or some derivative has been discussed but I don't see us trading Pau for Boozer.
15 Wins [floppymouse]
Kilroy

Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 1,940

Post#512 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:16 pm by Doormatt

idk why anyone would want to trade for morris/jamison, could just pick up d-league players and it would be the same.
#doorgek
Doormatt

RealGM
And1: 1,358

Post#513 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:20 pm by Kilroy

Doormatt wrote:idk why anyone would want to trade for morris/jamison, could just pick up d-league players and it would be the same.

Me neither... I could only see them involved as filler for something bigger... Which led me to Boozer. But I don't see us doing that.
15 Wins [floppymouse]
Kilroy

Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 1,940

Post#514 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:34 pm by Slava

Boozer has actually been playing pretty decently this season, he will be decent pick and pop big man with Nash and his defensive deficiencies, which basically are rebounding and post defense will be masked if he plays alongside a full time center, like he's doing right now with Noah.

The PF I want from the Bulls is actually Taj Gibson. He's a pretty perfect fit for us.
Turtle wrote:Pitbull.
A man with absolutely no talent, no skill and no endearing personal qualities who makes dreadful music where he talks and just reads the names of places off of an atlas is somehow world famous and a multimillionaire.
Slava

Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 4,808

Post#515 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:34 pm by TyCobb

I'd love to get Marquis Teague.
Doormatt wrote:real men collapse their entire lung and then have enough breath to **** like 10 bitches
TyCobb

Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 1,799

Post#516 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:43 pm by Tetlak

Kilroy wrote:
Doormatt wrote:idk why anyone would want to trade for morris/jamison, could just pick up d-league players and it would be the same.

Me neither... I could only see them involved as filler for something bigger... Which led me to Boozer. But I don't see us doing that.

Well quite honestly the Bulls would love to salary dump Rip to stay under the tax. Can you guys tell me about Morris? He seems like he could develop into a nice playmaking combo. Is that wrong?
Tetlak
Veteran
And1: 561

Post#517 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:48 pm by Doormatt

play making? he can barely dribble the ball. he is a solid spot up shooter and plays defense with a lot of effort, but isnt particularly good. other than that hes awful.
#doorgek
Doormatt

RealGM

Post#518 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:51 pm by Tetlak

Doormatt wrote:play making? he can barely dribble the ball. he is a solid spot up shooter and plays defense with a lot of effort, but isnt particularly good. other than that hes awful.

Crazy how thats the complete opposite of his scouting report. =\
Tetlak
Veteran
And1: 561

Post#519 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:56 pm by Slava

Tetlak wrote:
Doormatt wrote:play making? he can barely dribble the ball. he is a solid spot up shooter and plays defense with a lot of effort, but isnt particularly good. other than that hes awful.

Crazy how thats the complete opposite of his scouting report. =\

Isn't it? He was marketed as the point guard with the best court vision in the draft, yet he's nowhere near the scouting report in terms of making simple passes at this level. I don't even remember him running a simple pick and roll set without turning the ball over.

He makes Jordan Farmar seem like Derrick Rose.
Turtle wrote:Pitbull.
A man with absolutely no talent, no skill and no endearing personal qualities who makes dreadful music where he talks and just reads the names of places off of an atlas is somehow world famous and a multimillionaire.
Slava

Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 4,808

Post#520 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:56 pm by Doormatt

well the problem is he cant finish near the rim to save his life. his ball handling has gotten better, but he often makes wild drives and he has to be worse than fisher at finishing in transition, which is hilarious. he has no vision and not the highest bbiq so most of his play making consists of him driving to the rim and kicking it out to a shooter who may or may not be open. i will give him this, his shooting is solid. he can knock down open shots if he gets them. also people like his effort defensively. i dont care for it because i think he fouls too much (or rather just stupid fouls) and over plays the ball a lot. either way hes pretty poor defensively.
#doorgek
Doormatt

RealGM

Post#521 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:18 pm by Cashin out

Tetlak wrote:Hey guys, one of our Bulls insiders allegedly is hearing that the Bulls and Lakers are talking. Names thrown out there include Teague, Rip, Jamison, Morris, Clark.

Any of this possibly make sense to you guys? Maybe like a Rip for Morris and Jamison?
Yeah I would be down for a Jamison/Morris for Rip swap.As long as we don't include Earl Clark I would be ok.

How legit is your source?Has he been right on any rumors or is he throwing stuff out?
Cashin out
Bench Warmer
And1: 12

Post#522 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:32 pm by Jajwanda

I hadn't thought of that one:

- Send Jamison for a wing
- Sign K-Mart
- Trade Morris for Teague

Then you've got a bench.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 85

Post#523 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:33 pm by JohnVancouver

Jajwanda wrote:I hadn't thought of that one:

- Send Jamison for a wing
- Sign K-Mart
- Trade Morris for Teague

Then you've got a bench.

sign KM, and then this, which is from Bleacher report but bizarrely for that site, makes some sense

The Trade

Los Angeles Lakers get: PG Tyreke Evans, SF Francisco Garcia and PF Chuck Hayes

Sacramento Kings get: SF Devin Ebanks and PF Pau Gasol
"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 46

Post#524 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:33 am by loveshaq786

Milwaukee needs to be Thee place for Gasol to go to. They have so many expiring contracts of players that have use for our team.

Gasol, ebanks, morris, and Blake....for Ellis, udrih, dalembert, and dunleavy.

Start earl Clark.... Pleaseee

Nash/udrih/duhon
Kobe/Ellis/meeks
MWP/dunleavy
Clark/jamison
Dwight/dalembert/sacre

I would even start dunleavy and have MWP be another strong point. He can also anchor the defense with dalembert while Ellis, udrih, and jamison score.

Duhon only has 1.5 mill garunteed next year
loveshaq786
Junior
And1: 4

Post#525 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:42 am by loveshaq786

Milwaukee needs to be Thee place for Gasol to go to. They have so many expiring contracts of players that have use for our team.

Gasol, ebanks, morris, and Blake....for Ellis, udrih, dalembert, and dunleavy.

Start earl Clark.... Pleaseee

Nash/udrih/duhon
Kobe/Ellis/meeks
MWP/dunleavy
Clark/jamison
Dwight/dalembert/sacre

I would even start dunleavy and have MWP be another strong point. He can also anchor the defense with dalembert while Ellis, udrih, and jamison score.

Duhon only has 1.5 mill garunteed next year
loveshaq786
Junior

Post#526 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:49 am by Fight the Tank

You are on the right track with Milwaukee. I think we makes some sense here.

I would do this: Gasol/Duhon for Ilyasova/Dalembert/Udrih
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#527 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:48 am by loveshaq786

I love that guy but his contract goes into the year Lebron is a free agent, when we need to resign kobe and dwight. He will eat right into out cap space.

kobe, lebron and dwight.... its over
loveshaq786
Junior

Post#528 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:19 pm by thegamefritz

Fight the Tank wrote:You are on the right track with Milwaukee. I think we makes some sense here.

I would do this: Gasol/Duhon for Ilyasova/Dalembert/Udrih

That would be a great trade but Dalembert cant be traded..He has RAR (Reaquistion Restrictions)

Why not aim for the stars and do this trade

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6206214

Lakers gets- Monta Ellis, Gooden/Udoh and Mike Dunleavy Jr.
Milwauke gets- Pau, Sacre and future 2nd rounders..they can have duhon if they want too

Milwauke will most likely agree to this, 1st because of money, Pau, Duhon and Sacre will be all expiring next year, while Monta will expire next year and MDJr expire this year, their expirement of jennings and ellis ain't working! also Bucks might give gooden than Udoh but thats ok. again Mike Dubleavy Jr. Monta Ellis and Drew gooden's salary is equal to around $22 million while pau and sacre (if they don't want duhon) will only cost roughly $19.8 million. and they can give Tobias Harris PT and a chance to showcase his game which they say like a carmelo lite (he's more of a glen rice for me) anf they can put doron lamb next to jennings which they say describe like eric gordon (I say cuttino mobley).
The Bucks can have a starting 5 of C-Sanders, PF- Pau, SF-Harris, SG Lamb, PG Jennings

lAKERS will have another shooter with Mike Dunleavy Jr. and he is a good Shooter, and another potent scorer and most of all athletic player that can penetrate with Monta Ellis. If we get Udoh the better because he is younger, but gooden is just another body inside, maybe we can cut ebanks or trade him for 2nd rd pick get a big body from the d league as reserve

we'll be shorter but faster , players can play multiple position

lakers line ups

PG-NASH/BLAKE MORRIS
SG-KOBE/ELLIS/MEEKS
SF-MWP/Dunleavy/EBANKS
PF-JAMISON/Clark
C-D12/Gooden

or we could start
PG-NASH,SG-ELLIS,SF-KOBE, PF Clark, C-D12
thegamefritz
Sophomore

Post#529 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:26 pm by Cashin out

Gasol/Meeks for Ellis/Gooden. Sign Delonte West.

pg:Nash/Blake/Morris
sg:Ellis/West
sf:Kobe/Metta
pf:Clark/Jamison
c:Dwight/Gooden

Championship!
Cashin out
Bench Warmer
And1: 12

Post#530 Re: Official trade thread 2012-13
Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:46 pm by thegamefritz

Cashin out wrote:Gasol/Meeks for Ellis/Gooden. Sign Delonte West.

pg:Nash/Blake/Morris
sg:Ellis/West
sf:Kobe/Metta
pf:Clark/Jamison
c:Dwight/Gooden

Championship!

They won't sign Delonte West.. He is a BIPO for christ sake!
plus he might target/seduce his teammates moms.. or Jeannie Buss

We need a shooter, why trade Meeks, Monta ain't good in the 3 pt arc..if ever we're going to trade Meeks we need to have Mike Dunleavy Jr!
thegamefritz
Sophomore

PreviousNext

Return to Los Angeles Lakers