ImageImageImageImageImage

Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal'

Moderators: Danny Darko, Slava, TyCobb, crazyeights, Kilroy

User avatar
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
Posts: 13,726
And1: 114
Joined: Mar 29, 2008
Location: Las Vegas (2nd Home of the Lakers)

Re: Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#16 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:53 am

iamworthy wrote:Magic has said alot of things in the past that I didnt agree with and I have supported Jim Buss after assessing situations in the past. By the fact that Magic spoke out against Jim Buss is HUGE. I would also venture to say that his comments has something to do with past experiences as well. Who knows more about the Buss family then Magic? Magic is like a son to Jerry Buss.

Magic lately seems to be turning into bitter old man status. You're right big game about him knowing the Buss family but you're not going to always agree with certain decisions. If he wanted so much say so, then he shouldn't have sold his shares.
Image
Told Y'all from day 1 that Howard was a Coward
User avatar
dub81
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,405
And1: 18
Joined: Mar 20, 2008

Re: Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#17 » by dub81 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:10 am

If anybody get's a pass it's Magic..

He's the greatest Laker ever and he know's more than all of us. He's a very smart man. I'm sure he is just not making this stuff up just for the simple fact that he's on tv. I mean he was there when Jim was a child so he know's more about Jim then us.

and it's true what he said. Since he took over alot of people came out talking about how shady Jim is.
Image
User avatar
Slava
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 42,210
And1: 10,846
Joined: Oct 15, 2006
Location: #holdat
Contact:
     

Re: Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#18 » by Slava » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:23 am

He better be just trolling, ever since they put him on that ESPN half time show its like the stupidity from Jon Barry and co. has percolated into Magic's head through osmosis or something.
Image
branch
Sophomore
Posts: 207
And1: 0
Joined: Feb 21, 2009

Re: Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#19 » by branch » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:43 am

Going back in time, I’m sure he would have called me and consulted me on the Mike Brown hiring but that is what it is


Does this line shows that he has always dislike the Mike Brown hiring?
User avatar
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,710
And1: 258
Joined: Oct 15, 2010
     

Re: Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#20 » by DrewBynum77 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:47 pm

dockingsched wrote:
you're either with kobe and jim, or you're against em.


Can't dislike you. :lol:
Tarik Black
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,218
And1: 1,566
Joined: Jan 20, 2005
Location: El Segundo
Contact:
       

Re: Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#21 » by Tarik Black » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 pm

dub81 wrote: I mean he was there when Jim was a child so he know's more about Jim then us.


They are the same age. So when Magic met Jim they were both well past child status.

----

I think people give Jim Buss to much grief based on one point. Dr Buss is still the shot caller. When Doc is gone or incapacitated then we can start pointing serious fingers at Jimmy. Until then let's have some faith and look at the all the good this front office is trying to do for us fans.
Can't Understand Normal Thinking
User avatar
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,710
And1: 258
Joined: Oct 15, 2010
     

Re: Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#22 » by DrewBynum77 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:48 pm

branch wrote:
Going back in time, I’m sure he would have called me and consulted me on the Mike Brown hiring but that is what it is


Does this line shows that he has always dislike the Mike Brown hiring?


At the time Kobe publicly criticized the FO for not hiring Brian Shaw. Nothing new.
User avatar
Marionettetc
Pro Prospect
Posts: 795
And1: 180
Joined: Jun 26, 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
   

Re: Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#23 » by Marionettetc » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:58 pm

hermes wrote:DO IT MITCH :wizard:

:lol:
LAKESHOW
Head Coach
Posts: 7,347
And1: 136
Joined: Mar 14, 2002
Location: HOME OF THE 16 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Re: Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#24 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:13 am

Kobe didnt want mike brown? Well crap, that answers alot of heresay and bull out there.
User avatar
Edrees
Head Coach
Posts: 6,152
And1: 1,029
Joined: May 12, 2009
Contact:
         

Re: Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#25 » by Edrees » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:43 am

I guess that means they did consult kobe on pringles
Miami Heat vs Boston Celtics formation of Big 3: http://www.csnne.com/pages/video?PID=lM ... fmHHN4UpBd
D-BE-LAW
Banned User
Posts: 832
And1: 23
Joined: Oct 24, 2012

Re: Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#26 » by D-BE-LAW » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:59 am

dockingsched wrote:http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-kobe-bryant-jim-buss-has-been-phenomenal-20121115,0,3984517.story?track=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53297

Kobe Bryant heard what Magic Johnson said about Lakers Vice President Jim Buss. It wasn’t kind.

But Bryant said he’s had no problem with the younger Buss.

“[Johnson’s] opinion is valued greater than most others because of what he’s done here with this franchise. I can only speak from my perspective in my dealings with Jim. He’s been phenomenal,” Bryant said. “He’s seemingly made all the right choices. Going back in time, I’m sure he would have called me and consulted me on the Mike Brown hiring but that is what it is. Other than that, he’s been behind some pretty good moves, some pretty good trades for this organization.”


you're either with kobe and jim, or you're against em.


kobe working real hard to get that statue up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LateRoundFlyer
Junior
Posts: 436
And1: 8
Joined: Jun 27, 2012

Re: Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#27 » by LateRoundFlyer » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:53 am

Anklebreaker702 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:Magic has said alot of things in the past that I didnt agree with and I have supported Jim Buss after assessing situations in the past. By the fact that Magic spoke out against Jim Buss is HUGE. I would also venture to say that his comments has something to do with past experiences as well. Who knows more about the Buss family then Magic? Magic is like a son to Jerry Buss.

Magic lately seems to be turning into bitter old man status. You're right big game about him knowing the Buss family but you're not going to always agree with certain decisions. If he wanted so much say so, then he shouldn't have sold his shares.


Doesn't make a difference. Those shares didn't give him any to begin with; he was a silent partner beforehand.
User avatar
EArl
RealGM
Posts: 41,634
And1: 7,676
Joined: Mar 14, 2012
Location: Santa Cruz
Contact:
   

Re: Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#28 » by EArl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:14 am

iamworthy wrote:We have become a reality show :nonono: Cant wait until we start winning games to get pass all this mess.

When have we not been a reality show?
If someone takes a ****, you can bet your ass that it will be on ESPN.
People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true?" Merely vague concepts...
User avatar
EArl
RealGM
Posts: 41,634
And1: 7,676
Joined: Mar 14, 2012
Location: Santa Cruz
Contact:
   

Re: Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#29 » by EArl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:16 am

D-BE-LAW wrote:
dockingsched wrote:http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-kobe-bryant-jim-buss-has-been-phenomenal-20121115,0,3984517.story?track=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53297

Kobe Bryant heard what Magic Johnson said about Lakers Vice President Jim Buss. It wasn’t kind.

But Bryant said he’s had no problem with the younger Buss.

“[Johnson’s] opinion is valued greater than most others because of what he’s done here with this franchise. I can only speak from my perspective in my dealings with Jim. He’s been phenomenal,” Bryant said. “He’s seemingly made all the right choices. Going back in time, I’m sure he would have called me and consulted me on the Mike Brown hiring but that is what it is. Other than that, he’s been behind some pretty good moves, some pretty good trades for this organization.”


you're either with kobe and jim, or you're against em.


kobe working real hard to get that statue up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kobe has been had that statue on lock down.
The dude brought 5 banners to Staples Center.
Out of all the current statues out there, Kobe would be the one that actually did the performing in Staples Center. Oscar de La Hoya does not count. He fought like once there.
The only real question is whether he will want it gold or platinum :lol:
People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true?" Merely vague concepts...
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 10,390
And1: 948
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#30 » by kblo247 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:23 pm

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:He better be just trolling, ever since they put him on that ESPN half time show its like the stupidity from Jon Barry and co. has percolated into Magic's head through osmosis or something.

He's always been stupid as it relates to basketball outside playing it.

He was a dumbass coach. I repeat dumbass, as in make Mike Brown look brilliant

He was horrible on TNT, and helped spread the Kobe and Shaq beef. He would say every week those involved with the team should keep laundry inside and then while having the title vp and minority ownership, go out there and talk about, basically taking Shaqs side over Kobe.

H was horrible when he first started on abc and known for contradicting himself in games, not knowing players names, and not even being funny like Charles.
Image
User avatar
Run-MKE 311
Senior
Posts: 553
And1: 9
Joined: Oct 22, 2012
Location: Left coast and the midwest

Re: Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#31 » by Run-MKE 311 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:21 pm

Meh, I am still not a fan of Baby Jimmy, even if Kobe does give him the corporate line endorsement.

Agreed with a bunch of the posters here, I am getting tired of the drama and just want to see wins. Things should settle down now that we are putting strings of wins together.

Kobe at this point in his career is looking to stack more Chips, he is not going to take the lazy media bait and go after Buss, who himself is an easy target.
Ball so hard.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers