ImageImageImageImageImage

A turnaround is always possible

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

symbiotic
Sixth Man
And1: 705

Re: I hope the Lakers win the championship 

Post#181 » by symbiotic » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:30 am

Anytime the Lakers are in this position, some a-hole team just gifts them with a trade which will heavily favor the Lakers, you know it will happen. Pau for a much younger superstar, who knows.

Just watch.
0HeadAche0
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: Playoff hopes dimming...can lakers come back? 

Post#182 » by 0HeadAche0 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:56 am

They are done. Sit everyone and try to get as high a pick as possible in the draft and hopefully the bench guys will enhance their trade value at the same time.

Then make one more run at all with D12, Kobe, Nash and whatever you can get for Pau
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#183 » by Dr Aki » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:02 am

0HeadAche0 wrote:They are done. Sit everyone and try to get as high a pick as possible in the draft and hopefully the bench guys will enhance their trade value at the same time.

Then make one more run at all with D12, Kobe, Nash and whatever you can get for Pau

dont have pick LOL
0HeadAche0
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#184 » by 0HeadAche0 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:05 am

Aki wrote:
0HeadAche0 wrote:They are done. Sit everyone and try to get as high a pick as possible in the draft and hopefully the bench guys will enhance their trade value at the same time.

dont have pick LOL

Oh dear. I didn't realize, what a below average year this is going to be. Not even got anything to gain out of this losing
Baby Bop
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#185 » by Baby Bop » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:48 am

the last time we were 15-20, in 2002, we ended the season with 50 wins.
i believe Kobe can make it happen again.
RIP Jerry Buss
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#186 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:57 am

Baby Bop wrote:the last time we were 15-20, in 2002, we ended the season with 50 wins.
Yeah but that team had winning streaks of 5,7,6 and 6. This team only had one winning streak of 5. Unless they run off some chunks of win.....it's like being on life support until April.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#187 » by Joker » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:02 am

Baby Bop wrote:the last time we were 15-20, in 2002, we ended the season with 50 wins.

Lakers started that season with Shaq out for the first 3 weeks, going 3-9 in that time. So the actual question is, can prime Shaq make it happen again.
Jaykoolzboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 96

Post#188 » by Jaykoolzboy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:04 am

Once upon a time, Lakers had somebody named Shaquille O'Neal AkA "the most dominant player ever" .
Baby Bop
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#189 » by Baby Bop » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:30 am

Dwight will come back at shaq strength from this injury.

beliiiieeeeeve
RIP Jerry Buss
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#190 » by MAMBAEMD » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:08 am

We're 15-20 with 47 games left.
In the West, it will take at least 42 wins to get in to the playoffs. (Probably more like 44.)
That means they have to go at least 27-20 over the remainder of the season.
Definitely possible.
I still have hope. They show signs of brilliance for parts of most games.
They need to figure out how to sustain it for the entire game.
I think we'll make the play-offs.
Formerly lakerRD
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Re: 31-18 

Post#191 » by ROballer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:54 am

lakerz12 wrote:In historic comeback fashion, the Lakers will make the playoffs and beat the Heat in the Finals.

**** right.....I have too many threads to bump on the GB to let them just perish into eternity :D
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
minifang
Rookie
And1: 405

Post#192 » by minifang » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:32 am

We will need at least 46 games (56%) to get in. That's Portland's current winning percentage. More games will probably be needed because we lost so many times to the lower seeds that they have the tie breakers. It's going to take around 50 wins.
The Purple and Gold
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#193 » by AcecardZ » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:08 am

semi-sentient wrote:If we make the playoffs it's just a 2 week extension of our season.

We're not going anywhere this year.

I don't agree and here is why. For us to make the playoffs we need to play superb basketball and if we're playing well enough to get us out of this hole we've put ourselves in we're going to be playing well enough to be a force come playoff time.

We're too far behind at this point to make the playoffs without a complete turnaround and if we are somehow capable of making such a turnaround we'll be very dangerous come playoff time. Especially with the experience our team has.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#194 » by AcecardZ » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:14 am

Baby Bop wrote:Dwight will come back at shaq strength from this injury.

beliiiieeeeeve

Gawd I hope so! If it happens in the next month GG league assuming Stern quits **** us. If it doesn't happen in the next month I do believe it will happen eventually and it's important for Lakers fans to make Dwight feel appreciated so he stays. Goofy or not when the guy is healthy he's a beast, there's no denying that!
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Re: 31-18 

Post#195 » by GeneralNash » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 am

Focusing on that big of a number is a bit daunting from a player's perspective. Right now the Lakers need to focus one game at a time. And they have to play every game with maximum effort. If they can do this, and put it all out on the floor every night, they can make the playoffs.
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#196 » by GeneralNash » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:10 pm

Well some say the spurs game is a turn around performance despite the loss. I thought the turn around came when the lakers beat the knicks...boy was I wrong. You have to admit the effort is there and the lakers have been digging deep these past two games in texas...it is just not translating to wins. To be fair the teams la has been playing have been hot. I felt the lakers needed a win against one of these top seeded teams to turn around. I think an okc win is going to have to be the catalyst to get this team moving forward.

Sent via tapatalk 2
ROballer
General Manager

Post#197 » by ROballer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:26 pm

This team can definitely make the playoffs....once everybody is back,and if our defense improves(can't really get much worse than this,if we go from terrible to slightly above average or average,with our already good enough offense)we'll make the damn playoffs....

The record the rest of the way which we'll have to get might seem far fetched the way we are playing,but this is a **** talented team.....we don't have an average roster to say that winning 2 out of 3 games the rest of the way is improbable

We can get 5-6 games W streak if we get our **** together on D

Even the 2 time defending champs team(Phil's last year) won like 16 out of 17 games after the ASB and we were nothing spectacular roster and playing wise..

Current offense+ average defense will get us in the playoffs....getting far there is a different problem,but we have time to adress the issues we have and improve(both by play and roster wise)

It starts with the winnable games...no way we should be losing winnable games anymore
I expect us to lose with OKC,but after that, Cleveland and Milwaukee we **** better beat,no let ups ,and even Miami the way they are playing lately(by then at least 2 of our bigs should be back)

DynastySS
General Manager
And1: 1,936

Re: A turnaround is always possible 

Post#198 » by DynastySS » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:37 pm

How is the strength of schedule for the remaining games?
omnificent wrote:The fact you doubt that Barnes is a better player than Green discredits anything you have to say about this team. You're either blind or don't watch Warriors games. Even the most delusional Green groupie wouldn't doubt that Barnes is the better player
ROballer
General Manager

Post#199 » by ROballer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:57 pm

DynastySS wrote:How is the strength of schedule for the remaining games?

No idea if you can find that anywhere(but I wish I was wrong,I'm also interested)

Anyway,47 games left,26 against current playoff teams(from both conferences) and 21 against non playoff teams
We'll also support our annual Grammy trip(7 game road trip this year) at the beginning of February...

Basically,if we do our job against the non playoff teams(the most difficult matchup is probably the Wolvez,whom we play 3 more times and maybe the Mavs,if they get their **** together,whom we play 2 more times)we're in a good spot

In our situation,at least a 17-4 record it's a must against those teams...if we get that and go slightly above .500 (14-12,15-11) against the playoff caliber teams we should make the playoffs easily

Nothing far fetched,that's for sure....it's certainly doable

deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#200 » by deNIEd » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:11 pm

ROballer wrote:
DynastySS wrote:How is the strength of schedule for the remaining games?

No idea if you can find that anywhere(but I wish I was wrong,I'm also interested)

Anyway,47 games left,26 against current playoff teams(from both conferences) and 21 against non playoff teams
We'll also support our annual Grammy trip(7 game road trip this year) at the beginning of February...

Basically,if we do our job against the non playoff teams(the most difficult matchup is probably the Wolvez,whom we play 3 more times and maybe the Mavs,if they get their **** together,whom we play 2 more times)we're in a good spot

In our situation,at least a 17-4 record it's a must against those teams...if we get that and go slightly above .500 (14-12,15-11) against the playoff caliber teams we should make the playoffs easily

Nothing far fetched,that's for sure....it's certainly doable

http://www.blazersedge.com/2012/12/31/3 ... 3-schedule

If this is accurate, it would indicate the Lakers have the second hardest schedule for the rest of 2013

Return to Los Angeles Lakers