ImageImageImageImageImage

Fire coach Pringles thread (Not a Lakers fan's opinion)

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,490

Re: Fire coach Pringles thread 

Post#21 » by The Laker Kid » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:45 am

It's not D'Antoni's fault....
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
Father Time
Head Coach
And1: 467

Post#22 » by Father Time » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:05 am

Sn0wman wrote:Fire him and hire who? Lakers would be paying Mr.Potato head, Pringles and the 3rd coach, wow...

Yeah, I highly doubt the Lakers are willing to pay for three coaches.
"There's nothing else I can do for them. I can give them some bulls---, and act like I'm a coach or something, but it's on them." - Popovich

Secret secrets are no fun. Secret secrets hurt someone.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,412

Re: Fire coach Pringles thread (Not a Lakers fan's opinion) 

Post#23 » by Slava » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:12 am

Edited title for accuracy.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,018

Post#24 » by moocow007 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:30 am

Honestly? Mike D'Antoni, nice guy, can't coach without a superstart PG running his offense.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,460

Post#25 » by dockingsched » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:35 am

moocow007 wrote:Honestly? Mike D'Antoni, nice guy, can't coach without a superstart PG running his offense.

its a good thing nash is on the roster :D
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,018

Post#26 » by moocow007 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:42 am

dockingsched wrote:
moocow007 wrote:Honestly? Mike D'Antoni, nice guy, can't coach without a superstart PG running his offense.

Yep. That's basically D'Antoni's lifeline. :D
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#27 » by nashill » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:06 am

Dont worry guys, the real coach is not yet coaching. He is injured.
Spurs.Grizzlies.Hawks.Bulls.Wizards.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,827

Post#28 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:24 am

Sn0wman wrote:Fire him and hire who? Lakers would be paying Mr.Potato head, Pringles and the 3rd coach, wow...

That's what I'm saying. Mike could very well be a crappy coach. Considering he got Jim Buss's approval, that's a very real possibility. But you just can't be whacking your head coach every two weeks. At the very least we need to wait until we get a healthy team, see what we have and delay any major decisions. Until, say, February.
madtrap347
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#29 » by madtrap347 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:27 am

moocow007 wrote:
dockingsched wrote:

Yep. That's basically D'Antoni's lifeline. :D

lets face it, obviously dantoni reputation is based on his career with nash in phx. Though i agree that this is a dumb thread but I cannot give Dantoni any slack. A coach needs to be brilliant in all phases. Against difficulties, he is the one you look to provide answers. He only poses questions for us. Dude has kobe and dwight. Two studs that demand double team everytime they touch the ball. If you can't run a run n gun offense the whole game, you find something else and mold your offense that can suit the team. Any servicable and knowledgable coach can make things work. Its only been a few games but I have seen no improvement in all phases. Spoelstra makes dantoni look like a fool by the way he can coach defense, superstars, and most importantly is flexible enough to make it all fit together. I know its a different comparison but this team looks like a mess.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#30 » by Danny Darko » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:53 am

I don't think the org would face up to firing him even if it were the correct thing to do after snubbing Phil and after hosing Brown early. This would completely unprecedented.
endlesspower
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#31 » by endlesspower » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:06 am

Its not Dantoni's fault, its Jim Buss.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,827

Post#32 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:14 am

Danny Darko wrote:I don't think the org would face up to firing him even if it were the correct thing to do after snubbing Phil and after hosing Brown early. This would completely unprecedented.

Yeah, you're basically a complete laughing stock at that point. It just isn't going to happen.
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#33 » by Wavy Q » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:13 am

Fire Mike D'Antoni hire Derek Fisher
Soul Chef Fresh
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#34 » by Soul Chef Fresh » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:17 am

trufan24 wrote:
Soul Chef Fresh wrote:Ehh..

Let's get to All-Star Break first and determine Mike's worth then. This team isn't full strength yet.

i fear Nash wont be back until after ASG :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
And1: 4,335

Post#35 » by Pablo Escobar » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Mike sucks. Doesn't preach defense and has a garbage system that won't win you anything. Why would we hire him when we don't even have the personnel to run his system? run n gun with a bunch of 30 year olds loool
Plata o Plomo?
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#36 » by Gek » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:11 pm

There really isn't any reason why old NBA players can't run and gun. Ridiculous athleticism is not required, conditioning and comfortability is.
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 1,990

Post#37 » by Rockazoids » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:50 pm

As a Knicks fan I feel your pain. I was so sick of Pringles on the sideline & just saying
"Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go" That's not coaching that's cheerleading. What a hack!
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,715

Post#38 » by contract » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:55 pm

endlesspower wrote:Its not Dantoni's fault, its Jim Buss.

Seriously. When news broke that Phil Jackson was coming back, I was worried about the Lakers spoiling our party. It's amazing the dumb things that ego will make a man do.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
bogey_j
Ballboy
And1: 2

Fire D'Antoni. 

Post#39 » by bogey_j » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:32 pm

he's the problem, fire him now

I wish we still had mike brown, at least he let them do whatever the they wanted..hell, the lakers were playing better with bernie bickerstaff
Rischardo
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#40 » by Rischardo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:42 pm

Hey guys, I'm a college basketball coach here in Chile, obviously I'm not at an NBA coach level, but I can surely say this:

1.- This team doesn't play TEAM basketball on offense. They just stand around waiting for Kobe or Dwight to create something. For what I've seen they have like 4 or 5 different plays, and they just don't execute them (not sound screening, little timing...), nor use those plays in a regular basis. Sure Kobe is dominant, sure Dwight's dominant, but a TEAM game has got to be played as a TEAM and not just iso plays for your best players, sure it helps, but NOT on 80% of the team's midcourt possesions. This team is so predictable on offense it's amazing. Scouting reports on the Lakers have got to be the easiest thing to do.

2.- This team doesn't play defense. It's obvious some of the players are bad defensive players, but even so, with a good defensive TEAM scheme some of this bad defensive players could hold their own in a regular basis. Sure there would be times when they get beat off the dribble, but with a solid scheme, you got the best defensive center in the league, so... Also, you see that;
- on off the ball screens, they're just inconsistent in WHAT to do, that's just poor coaching. How's possible that professional players, do not know if they gonna swith or if they gonna follow, or something. They just change the way they play this screens EVERY game I've seen so far.
- on Pick and Roll defense, rotations are just PLAIN AWFUL. They don't KNOW what to do on P&R situations. Again, that's without a doubt BAD coaching. P&R's got to be the most used play in basketball around the whole world, even high school players are constantly defending and attacking this play. It's just unacceptable, that this coach cannot teach proper rotations. Yesterday, for example, Dwight guarding Varejao, who screens for Irving. Howard doubles on the P&R, and Hill (who's a high energy, good defense type of guy), just stood there guarding his man, don't KNOWING that he had to rotate over Varejao to help Dwight. Obviously in that exact moment, Jordan made the mistake, but the Lakers get beat in P&R situations almost every game in a regular basis, so it's not only Jordan's fault and that makes me think of plain BAD coaching.

Finally; my question to D'Antoni is: if you don't teach defense, neither teach offense, than what type of a coach are you??
My answer would be; a JOKE of a coach...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers