yardbarker

Los Angeles Lakers Future Draft Pick Summary

Year First Round Second Round
2014OwnTo MIL (via PHX to MIN)
20151-5 Own; 6-30 to PHX31-40 Own; 41-60 to ORL
20161-3 Own; 4-30 to PHX if not already settledOwn
20171-3 Own; 4-30 to PHX if not already settled; or 1-5 Own; 6-30 to ORL if LAL conveyed 1st round pick to PHX in 2015Own or to ORL if LAL has not conveyed 1st round pick to PHX by 2017
2018Own or to PHX if not already settled; or 1-5 Own; 6-30 to ORL if not already settled and if LAL has conveyed 1st round pick to PHX by 2016Own or to ORL if LAL has not conveyed 1st round pick to PHX by 2017

See complete Los Angeles Lakers future draft pick summary

Lakers Looking for Point Guard

Moderators: Danny Darko, tkb, Slava, crazyeights, TyCobb, Kilroy, Phil XI

Post#76 Re: Lakers Looking for Point Guard
Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:56 pm by semi-sentient

TyCobb wrote:
semi-sentient wrote:Two guys that can shoot and defend. Bell isn't what he once was, but he knows how to play defense and I value that over athletic guys that don't understand how to play good defense due to low BBIQ.

Ebanks is a question mark offensively but he brings solid defense and athleticism to the starting lineup.

So which is it?

I was referring to Meeks and Duhon/Morris who Bell and West would be replacing.
http://lytebox.com | OurThaiGuide.com
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 434

Post#77 Jonny Flynn confirms Lakers interest
Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:59 pm by EvilSperm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/baske ... 6536937020

Flynn confirmed his agent had been contacted by the LA Lakers who have listed Flynn with several other players as potential injury relief with gun Steve Nash sidelined with a broken fibula.

It's believed Flynn could get a 10-day contract should the Lakers place him above several other potential new point-guards, including the New Zealand Breakers Cedric Jackson.

The Tigers would be obliged to release him but club officials haven't discussed a replacement, or whether Flynn would return to Melbourne if a 10-day stint wasn't extended.

Flynn said he was ready if needed, but wanted to concentrate his efforts on the Tigers clash with Cairns on Sunday.

"You have a lot of rumours in an NBA season where guys are getting hurt and a lot of names get thrown out there," he said.

"You always see opportunity and you have to be ready, ready to seize it. They have reached out to my agent but it's early.

"They would probably have a short list with a lot of guys. It's that time of the season when teams might be looking to make changes, but as I said, a lot of names get thrown up.

"But I'm here now and that's all I'm focussed on."

Flynn, who has played over 150 NBA games with Minnesota and Portland, has topped the scoring averages for the Tigers who have struggled to a 2-8 record this season.

But the 24-year-old wasn't concerned Melbourne's losing record would impact on any potential NBA return.

"You're asking the wrong guy about that, Flynn said.

"It would be great (to get back to the NBA). But I am just playing the way I play. I just worry about coming in and trying to win games."

Just a rumor guys?
EvilSperm
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Post#78 Re: Jonny Flynn confirms Lakers interest
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:01 am by Mirjalovic

Can't we just take Delonte & then cut DJO, Duhon, Blake or any deadweights ?
Kupchak9 wrote:Exactly. I highly doubt Kobe would've won those 2 rings without Fisher.

TruSkool wrote:I compare Ryan Kelly with Jared Dudley and Juwan Howard
Mirjalovic

Sixth Man
And1: 179

Post#79 Re: Jonny Flynn confirms Lakers interest
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:07 am by Jaykoolzboy

If it's Johnny Flynn, why not call guys like Allen Iverson or Gilbert Arenas
"Yea wtf HAHA, I would take Rubio over Westbrook 10 times out of 10"

By cube
Jaykoolzboy

Assistant Coach
And1: 22

Post#80 Re: Lakers Looking for Point Guard
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:08 am by Jajwanda

How many teams start PFs that can post up MWP? Not many from what I can see. YOu might be right on Ebanks and by the way his best asset is his mid-range which is pretty solid so as long as you have three other guys that can shoot outside you should be ok.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 45

Post#81 Re: Jonny Flynn confirms Lakers interest
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:11 am by DEEP3CL

Mirjalovic wrote:Can't we just take Delonte & then cut DJO, Duhon, Blake or any deadweights ?
It's not that easy.

Anyway we're in no position to be picky, Flynn does have speed his shot is spotty but it's better than Du-nothing and D-Mote
LAKERS FAN SINCE '76

If you do them minor damage they will get their revenge; but if you cripple them there is nothing they can do.
― Niccolò Machiavelli
DEEP3CL

RealGM
And1: 642

Post#82 Re: Lakers Looking for Point Guard
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:22 am by Brett43

Delonte is kinda crazy, but he's a very good player and would do well in LA. And wasn't he the starting point guard in Cleveland a few years back when they had the best record in the league? That means something.

Of course, I'd prefer like to see Delonte back in Boston as Rondo's backup. But then, I wanted to see Dwight Howard here, too.
Brett43
Junior
And1: 5

Post#83 Re: Jonny Flynn confirms Lakers interest
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:40 am by That Nicka

he sucks.
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 27

Post#84 Re: Jonny Flynn confirms Lakers interest
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:42 am by DEEP3CL

That Nicka wrote:he sucks.
Better than Duhon for sure
LAKERS FAN SINCE '76

If you do them minor damage they will get their revenge; but if you cripple them there is nothing they can do.
― Niccolò Machiavelli
DEEP3CL

RealGM
And1: 642

Post#85 Re: Lakers Looking for Point Guard
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:45 am by JustAwesome

General managers care more about the situation that took place in Dallas with West than what he was able to accomplish with the Cavaliers several years back.
JustAwesome
Analyst
And1: 75

Post#86 Re: Jonny Flynn confirms Lakers interest
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:49 am by GoldKnightRises

Delonte is our safest bet, why gamble? Last time we gambled we lost the best coach in the history of the game.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldKnightRises
Senior
And1: 24

Post#87 Re: Jonny Flynn confirms Lakers interest
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:58 am by JustAwesome

Why wasn't Flynn in the NBA already this season?
JustAwesome
Analyst
And1: 75

Post#88 Re: Jonny Flynn confirms Lakers interest
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:18 am by Wavy Q

Stephano confirms uninterest in Johnny Flynn
Wavy Q

RealGM
And1: 728

Post#89 Re: Jonny Flynn confirms Lakers interest
Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:13 am by laduane1

At lease he is young. Not sure he wants to leave a good job for a 10 day contract. With little guarantee that he will play or get much out of the time in LA. D. West, if he is not playing right now. What good would it be to sign him and hope he got into shape. Hope he is in some d-league at lease playing some.
laduane1
Starter
And1: 10

Post#90 Re: Lakers Looking for Point Guard
Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:20 am by Jajwanda

The problem I have with most of these PGs is that they aren't good defenders. If Kobe is going to create all the offense anyway why not get a guy like CDR and put him next to Kobe. Meeks can't ball handle and yet we're getting away with him at the 1. CDR is lengthier, about the same level defender, and will postup 1s as well as bring the ball down the court.

Take some risks, do some new things. A number of the great scoring PGs these days struggle against length. It's been done before on defense (96 Bulls).

They went with 4 guys that had about the same height, had length, and they absolutely suffocated the ball simply by being more athletic, strong, and tenacious. I know the standard, well it was Jordan-Pippen-Rodman snarky comment is coming, but that doesn't mean that kind of lineup can't succeed again defensively.
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#91 Re: Jonny Flynn confirms Lakers interest
Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:28 am by Asianiac_24

Oh god no. Jonny Flynn sucks
Asianiac_24
Lead Assistant
And1: 71

Post#92 Re: Jonny Flynn confirms Lakers interest
Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:36 am by ROballer

What the ****?

Delonte please
ROballer

Analyst
And1: 273

Post#93 Re: Jonny Flynn confirms Lakers interest
Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:42 am by EvilSperm

All i know about him is that he's got tremendous potential, quick and athletic but his iq aint so great
EvilSperm
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Post#94 Re: Jonny Flynn confirms Lakers interest
Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:03 am by Hawaii

I always kinda liked Flynn. Thought he got a bum rap in Minnesota when they drafted him while already having alot of guards on their roster. Then I thought he'd shine a little after going to HOU, but it just didn't happen.

I'd bet Delonte would do good for you guys. Surely better than Duhon. Shouldn't look past Iverson, IMO he'd work out well in a situation like this.
Hawaii
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#95 Re: Jonny Flynn confirms Lakers interest
Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:17 am by Jajwanda

The thing about Flynn is that he's a very predictable player. You have to play him in a P and R system with a center that can shoot and spread the floor around for him. On the Laker bench he'd produce some points and get L.A.'s three point shooters some nice looks.
Jajwanda
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Los Angeles Lakers