ImageImageImageImageImage

Los Angeles Lakers @ New York Knicks 8PM ET (TNT)

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Re: Los Angeles Lakers @ New York Knicks 8PM ET (TNT) 

Post#541 » by kblo247 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:26 am

Simba248 wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Pau for Granger is the deal that I would hope for especially its Dantoni. MWP can start at 4 ala Anthony Mason or Tim Thomas or Keith Van Horn on this team, and Granger could provide the athleticism we need on the perimeter.

I'm leaning more and more toward that type of deal and signing Delonte/Kenyon

AK is another example of a guy we could get and mix with Nash, Metta, Kobe, and Dwight. But it gets tricky. I like Willaims potential, Ridnour fits a role, but Pwk would need to come over, and we would need a immediate redirect ready for another need

And what makes you think the Pacers would even consider that? They already have plenty of frontcourt depth. Pau's trade value at this point is at the Bargnani level and that's best case scenario.

Doesn't West expire this year or is it next? Pau would give them another year and massive flexibility as that is a big expiring and name they could flip or advertise.
Ikon
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#542 » by Ikon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:26 am

The Lakers might have to sign Delonte West and Eddie House.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#543 » by kblo247 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:28 am

Anklebreaker702 wrote:
dockingsched wrote:
kobeaki wrote:Might as well have kept Bynum... I told y'all they were , at the end of the day, lateral. Except we weren't renting drew...

Yay , conventional wisdom.

ladies and gentlemen, i give you the lakers board

Lol Bynum hasnt even reported to work yet. How could this post even be made? At least wait until he reports to work Lololololololol

I know why. No one can warm the bench like Andrew :lol:

He did his fair share in the 3 finals run while hurt,many while healthy when games mattered. We just miss that warmth he provided to the bench for these old bodies when they take a rest.
Rose2Bogans
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#544 » by Rose2Bogans » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:31 am

If this was all happening WITH Steve Nash, it would be a different story and the Laker hate would be warranted.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#545 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:33 am

kblo247 wrote:Doesn't West expire this year or is it next? Pau would give them another year and massive flexibility as that is a big expiring and name they could flip or advertise.

Yeh he's signed for two years, but that's besides the point. They still have Hansbrough, Mahinmi, and Plumlee.

Pacers proved last season that they can contest in the East with a healthy roster, I'm not so such that management is going to give up on that just yet. Teams that are rebuilding are more likely to take on Pau.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#546 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:34 am

Ikon wrote:The Lakers might have to sign Delonte West and Eddie House.

I knew I couldn't take your posts seriously.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#547 » by semi-sentient » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:37 am

Missed the 1st half where we got romped, but defense looked really good for most of the 2nd half. I'm sure Melo being out had something to do with it, but you have to love the effort at least.

Slowing the game down does seem to be the key. We're a poor run-n-gun team and all it's doing is causing our defensive flaws to be exposed even more, so I hope Mike slows things down a bit.

Ebanks should get more PT as well. His defense and energy is much needed. I'd like to see move Artest to the 4 and with Ebanks starting at the 3 for a few games.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
Ikon
Sophomore

Post#548 » by Ikon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:39 am

Simba248 wrote:
Ikon wrote:The Lakers might have to sign Delonte West and Eddie House.

I knew I couldn't take your posts seriously.

They need shooters. What would you suggest they do because even with Nash and Pau they would still have problems.
Ikon
Sophomore

Post#549 » by Ikon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:43 am

I hate Eddie House as much as the next Laker fan, but I also hated Steve Blake. You got to do what you got to do. :dontknow:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#550 » by Kilroy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:43 am

kblo247 wrote:This year? Metta has been the third most consistent guy on the team this year and showed more than Nash did when we saw him in the preseason and his limited action, as well as Pau.

He's played big minutes and his production has been good all year. He just can't focus on D like he or we want when he's playing 36 minutes a game, and is our most consistent outside shooter in the rotation. I don't get the scrub your eyes out part, when this is his best statistical year in his Laker career quite easily

MWP and Pau have very similar numbers this season... With the exception of 8.8rbs for Pau to 5.3 for MWP and .8 DWS for MWP to .6 for Pau along with 3.5ast for Pau to 1.8 for Metta... Pau's Per is 15 to 12.7 for MWP...

So even with MWP playing out of his head this season, and Pau sort of sucking for him, there's no argument to be made for MWP being more consistent than Pau... Just healthier.

And he's not here to be an offensive force, he's here to help play perimeter and help D to mask Kobe's declining skills in that respect. It's a failure on our part that he's carrying so much of the scoring load.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#551 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:43 am

Ikon wrote:
They need shooters. What would you suggest they do because even with Nash and Pau they would still have problems.

There's a reason why he isn't on an NBA roster, you can pick up good shooters anywhere off the street. People need to stop obsessing over one dimensional players, we have plenty of them on this current roster and the results are right in front of you. Considering the lack of defense through the first 20 odd games the last thing we need is a guy like House.
Ikon
Sophomore

Post#552 » by Ikon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:48 am

Simba248 wrote:
Ikon wrote:

There's a reason why he isn't on an NBA roster, you can pick up good shooters anywhere off the street. People need to stop obsessing over one dimensional players, we have plenty of them on this current roster and the results are right in front of you. Considering the lack of defense through the first 20 odd games the last thing we need is a guy like House.

If that were true then why do we have people like Morris signed to a contract. :lol:

I understand what you're saying, but Dantoni system requires shooters, maybe Raja Bell?
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#553 » by Slava » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:50 am

dockingsched wrote:
kobeaki wrote:Might as well have kept Bynum... I told y'all they were , at the end of the day, lateral. Except we weren't renting drew...

Starting st front court for the lakers...

Robert Sacre and Antawn Jamison

Now lemme kill myself with a shotgun to the head!
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#554 » by iamworthy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:51 am

Nash will fix alot of the offensive problems and I know the PnR will be in full effect but we really need to let Metta, D12, Gasol and Kobe operate the offense from the post when nash goes to the bench. I saw alot of positive things happen on offense when the ball went inside/out
Ikon
Sophomore

Post#555 » by Ikon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:53 am

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:
dockingsched wrote:

Starting st front court for the lakers...

Robert Sacre and Antawn Jamison

Now lemme kill myself with a shotgun to the head!

:lol:
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#556 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:56 am

Ikon wrote:
If that were true then why do we have people like Morris signed to a contract. :lol:

I understand what you're saying, but Dantoni system requires shooters, maybe Raja Bell?

What? Morris is an average shooter at best, but he's a pesky defender and an adequate playmaker. I'm not even sure where you were going with that.

Could we use more shooters? Yes. But how do you figure them to fit into our rotation? Kobe eats the majority of the minutes at the two. Meeks plays the little minutes that are left, heck he was moved to point today because Kobe hogged up a huge chunk of the minutes tonight.

We could use Bell to spell Metta, but I'm not sure what kind of shape Raja is in. Honestly I want to see Ebanks play more minutes because he gives us some athleticism and perimeter defense. If that's the case then there go any minutes Bell would get.
Ikon
Sophomore

Post#557 » by Ikon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:57 am

Simba248 wrote:
Ikon wrote:

What? Morris is an average shooter at best, but he's a pesky defender and an adequate playmaker. I'm not even sure where you were going with that.

Could we use more shooters? Yes. But how do you figure them to fit into our rotation? Kobe eats the majority of the minutes at the two. Meeks plays the little minutes that are left, heck he was moved to point today because Kobe hogged up a huge chunk of the minutes tonight.

We could use Bell to spell Metta, but I'm not sure what kind of shape Raja is in. Honestly I want to see Ebanks play more minutes because he gives us some athleticism and perimeter defense. If that's the case then there go any minutes Bell would get.

The thing with Ebanks is that's he's very inconsistent
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#558 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:58 am

Ikon wrote:
The thing Ebanks is that's he's very inconstinent

Outside Kobe who has been consistent this season?
Ikon
Sophomore

Post#559 » by Ikon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:01 am

Simba248 wrote:
Ikon wrote:
The thing Ebanks is that's he's very inconstinent

Outside Kobe who has been consistent this season?

Metta comes to mind, but the only good game Ebanks has had besides today was in the pre-season.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#560 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:03 am

Ikon wrote:
Metta comes to mind, but the only good game Ebanks has had besides today was in the pre-season.

Well in his defense he hasn't really got a whole lot of run until recently.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers