ImageImageImageImageImage

Los Angeles Lakers @ New York Knicks 8PM ET (TNT)

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Re: Los Angeles Lakers @ New York Knicks 8PM ET (TNT) 

Post#21 » by Gek » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:03 pm

I'm on the... WE'LL TURN IT AROUND THIS GAME!... bandwagon EVERY game.
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#22 » by Kilroy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:06 pm

Melo's the one guy MWP still matches up pretty well against... I think we might have this one...

We need to start super fast, build a good lead and play relaxed the rest of the way though.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#23 » by Doormatt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:08 pm

you people who keep saying were going to lose before every game are annoying.

although in fairness we might lose this game, but admitting defeat like that is gay.
#doorgek
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#24 » by Mirjalovic » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:39 pm

We will win this fkn game. I dont know how, but we will win this game easier than we imagine.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#25 » by Michael Lucky » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Just hope we'll close out on their shooters. I can imagine Kidd and Novak killing us all night.
Baby Bop
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#26 » by Baby Bop » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:20 pm

JR Smith ‏@TheRealJRSmith
#IAintGotNoWorries
Expand
16h
As if i need your respect! LMFAO RT @ThaScorpionKing: Losing respect for @TheRealJRSmith since he wants to talk about Kobe now.
Expand
16h
Not even close Ws matter more kid! RT @navooo: @TheRealJRSmith you'd do the same if you could
Expand
16h
Yea wit more losses too! klown RT @MentionJayRaw: Kobe 30+ and still avg more EVERYTHING than @TheRealJRSmith #ChillBro !
Expand
16h
Yea shots! RT @iGetCASHandASS: @TheRealJRSmith chill bra kobe def puttin up 40+
Expand
17h
Lmao RT @CrazeColon: Me @therealjrsmith and @ladiiswish used to tear these up in Hong Kong lol http://instagr.am/p/TJw0O1hbu5/
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
17h
#SoWhat RT @TheRealDemarco: @TheRealJRSmith Lakers in town...The Black Mamba is M.A.D. watch out..
RIP Jerry Buss
MeloStateOfMind
Junior
And1: 4

Post#27 » by MeloStateOfMind » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Kobe System wrote:
MSG wrote:I want to beat these bitches by double digits. They are already on a long losing streak,let's blow them out and make their life even worse.

Any win would be great but blowing them out would be something special.

Quick Kick wrote:this gonna be a blowout on national TV. LA is demoralized and searching for answers. Your rotations have to be crisp if you plan to slow down our three point barrage, and we all know Asstoni only practices D for half an hour. Plus Ty OWNS D12 in the paint.

Asstoni will probably jizz himself watching Novak rain down threes all night.

AggO wrote:well blow them out by 30

lakers are a horrible matchup against us

LINWAGON wrote:Dwight can't hit free throws. We got this easy.

Quick Kick wrote: LA is one of the worst defensive teams in the league and their bench is non-existent. We will slaughter them. Quote me.

BKAY wrote:LA just doesnt have enough guards to hold us down for an entire game, this SHOULD be an easy W.

Well both sides have these type of fans...It will be a big win for either. Knicks are hot but the Lakers well they're still the Lakers. Kobe goes for 35, Dwight Howard is usually shut down by Chandler, Jamison and Meeks usually play well versus NY. The Lakers will not get embarrassed on national tv but from judging both teams at the moment the Knicks should be the favs on this game. Like Magic said last night the Lakers have been owning the league for a while now and this is where teams should hurry up and get their shots in because once LA figures it out teams are not going to want to face LA. Good luck to yall though! :P
Giants #All-in, Yankees #27andcounting, Knicks #Knickstape #Woodtang, Rangers #NYR
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#28 » by Doormatt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:46 pm

haha nobody cares what jr smith thinks or says, hes jr smith.
#doorgek
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#29 » by EArl » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:06 pm

J.R Smith looks like a chicken. Literally.

The Lakers usually step up to the occasion against good teams.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
QueenzAllDay
Sixth Man
And1: 425

Post#30 » by QueenzAllDay » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:12 pm

Sup Lake fans.

Here's what I think is key to beating the Knicks.

1) Prevent PG's from setting up the offense.
I think it's very important to deny Felton, Kidd, Pablo & JR the ball to set up the offense. If they DO have the ball then you need to deny the other offensive threats. Melo, JR, Felton, Novak. Players who are off the ball should not be able to catch and swing the ball around. So DENY DENY DENY!

2) Let Melo play 1 v 1
This may sound stupid but you should be worried more about the play makers around Melo than Melo himself. Allow Melo and MWP/Ebanks/Kobe to go at it 1 v1. Melo's go to move is getting his team involved this season. That's why they have been so good. If you look at step 1) I believe denying entry passes for the key play makers is important. So if Melo has the ball at least commit to denying the guards & Novak and square up for the rebound if Melo takes a contested J.

3) Be responsible for your MAN
This is the biggest key to winning. Knicks do NOT chuck 3's. This is the biggest misconception of this team this year. Our lovable media analyst such as Charles Barkley leads viewers to believe the Knicks are on this "Live by & Die by 3's" this season. This is false. The Knicks take OPEN 3 pointers. They have Kidd, Novak, Felton, JR & even Brewer taking wide open 3's and they have been making them. Why are they so open? Because guys are so busy doubling Melo or worried about PG penetration that they sag off and help. Stay with your man and play 1 v1 defense. No open 3's means no 3 points taken OR contested shots. Knicks are in rhythm from down town so BE RESPONSIBLE for your guy.

If Carmelo plays how he has been this season this is a L for the Lakers but Carmelo is NOT the end all be all of this team. Which is why I emphasize the players AROUND Melo more so than Melo. Melo like Kobe are Supers Stars. They decide outcomes of games. But I think if you FORCE the Knicks to play Melo ISO ball you force them in a tough situation and create a better opportunity for the Lakers to win tonight.

Good Luck Lakers!
TANK LIFE
PurpleBlood24
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#31 » by PurpleBlood24 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:41 pm

Don't worry guys.
It's my birthday, and the b-ball gods already decided this W will be my present. :D

Whoever that latina chick is in the eye candy is freakin' gorgeous!! :o
GOODKIDmAAdCITY
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#32 » by GOODKIDmAAdCITY » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Just dont get embarrassed on national tv?

we need jodie an jamison to go off tonight if we dont want to get blown out.
Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
NoseBleedLakers
Lead Assistant
And1: 343

Post#33 » by NoseBleedLakers » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:10 pm

eablinksum wrote:J.R Smith looks like a chicken. Literally.

:lol:
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#34 » by ROballer » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:24 pm

I just want to win this game to check the Knicks' board tomorrow....lots of lol's if we win for sure
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
IamBBAnalysis
Pro Prospect
And1: 500

Post#35 » by IamBBAnalysis » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:45 pm

QueenzAllDay wrote:Sup Lake fans.

Here's what I think is key to beating the Knicks.

1) Prevent PG's from setting up the offense.
I think it's very important to deny Felton, Kidd, Pablo & JR the ball to set up the offense. If they DO have the ball then you need to deny the other offensive threats. Melo, JR, Felton, Novak. Players who are off the ball should not be able to catch and swing the ball around. So DENY DENY DENY!

2) Let Melo play 1 v 1
This may sound stupid but you should be worried more about the play makers around Melo than Melo himself. Allow Melo and MWP/Ebanks/Kobe to go at it 1 v1. Melo's go to move is getting his team involved this season. That's why they have been so good. If you look at step 1) I believe denying entry passes for the key play makers is important. So if Melo has the ball at least commit to denying the guards & Novak and square up for the rebound if Melo takes a contested J.

3) Be responsible for your MAN
This is the biggest key to winning. Knicks do NOT chuck 3's. This is the biggest misconception of this team this year. Our lovable media analyst such as Charles Barkley leads viewers to believe the Knicks are on this "Live by & Die by 3's" this season. This is false. The Knicks take OPEN 3 pointers. They have Kidd, Novak, Felton, JR & even Brewer taking wide open 3's and they have been making them. Why are they so open? Because guys are so busy doubling Melo or worried about PG penetration that they sag off and help. Stay with your man and play 1 v1 defense. No open 3's means no 3 points taken OR contested shots. Knicks are in rhythm from down town so BE RESPONSIBLE for your guy.

If Carmelo plays how he has been this season this is a L for the Lakers but Carmelo is NOT the end all be all of this team. Which is why I emphasize the players AROUND Melo more so than Melo. Melo like Kobe are Supers Stars. They decide outcomes of games. But I think if you FORCE the Knicks to play Melo ISO ball you force them in a tough situation and create a better opportunity for the Lakers to win tonight.

Good Luck Lakers!

Completely agree with the analysis. Very well said. I really want the Lakers to win this game. Knicks fans are so annoying and the Lakers just need a good win to start feeling good.
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#36 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:27 pm

how are knicks fans annoying? most of them just learned the concept of winning basketball
we gon lose though ..
Wreckus13
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#37 » by Wreckus13 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:37 pm

I have a feeling Dwight and Kobe go HAM in this game. Kobe loves MSG and he pumps up D-Ho to play well. Kobe goes for 30, Dwight goes for 30/25. We win.
MaDsKiLLzz24
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#38 » by MaDsKiLLzz24 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:21 pm

F... JR!!!

Man i want this W more now!!

kobe and dwight will be in beast mode 2nite!!
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#39 » by The Skyhook » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Im going to this game tonight so I really hope we don't lose. Maybe I'll get to see another historic performance from Kobe at the Garden tonight.
Ikon
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#40 » by Ikon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:35 pm

If the Lakers manage to win this game, I would be so happy.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers