ImageImageImageImageImage

Dwight Howard thus far...

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Re: Dwight Howard thus far... 

Post#16 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:58 am

It aint the players. There are some games we shouldve absolutely killed the opponent.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
crgreen
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#17 » by crgreen » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Soul Chef Fresh wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:i think we've seen enough to know that Bynum really was a much better offensive player and also individual defender. The idea for us was that we were getting a pick and roll monster and better team D player. For all the blocks, I'm just not seeing the D being that good yet, bu that could change.

His back is limiting his explosiveness.

If we watch his games in Orlando, he was quicker on his feet and jumped higher.

He's lost jump balls to the likes of Al Jefferson. Even if he's undersized, he has the highest vert of any Center.

Bynum has a better back to the basket game. But it was almost unanimous that people believed Howard is better, just off athletic ability alone.

We haven't even run the PnR with Howard effectively yet.. And he hasn't gotten deep position in the post the way he use to.

Everything will click soon though. I'm banking on it.

Wow. Just....wow. Howard's the #15 scorer in the league. #1 rebounder in the League. #4 in FG % in the League. #5 shot blocker in the league. #4 in the league in double-doubles. #12 in Efficiency.
And Bynum is....making noise of MAYBE playing in January - with a possiblity of missing the entire season now being suggested.

Just...wow.
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#18 » by Run-MKE 311 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:18 pm

...has been Dwight. He will grab boards, get buckets and be a force.

But he will also get stripped often, is an anchor late in games with the FTs and is just starting to find his killer instinct being around Kobe.

Still want to see where this process is at the all-star break.
Ball so hard.
Soul Chef Fresh
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#19 » by Soul Chef Fresh » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:02 pm

crgreen wrote:
Soul Chef Fresh wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:i think we've seen enough to know that Bynum really was a much better offensive player and also individual defender. The idea for us was that we were getting a pick and roll monster and better team D player. For all the blocks, I'm just not seeing the D being that good yet, bu that could change.

His back is limiting his explosiveness.

If we watch his games in Orlando, he was quicker on his feet and jumped higher.

He's lost jump balls to the likes of Al Jefferson. Even if he's undersized, he has the highest vert of any Center.

Bynum has a better back to the basket game. But it was almost unanimous that people believed Howard is better, just off athletic ability alone.

We haven't even run the PnR with Howard effectively yet.. And he hasn't gotten deep position in the post the way he use to.

Everything will click soon though. I'm banking on it.

Wow. Just....wow. Howard's the #15 scorer in the league. #1 rebounder in the League. #4 in FG % in the League. #5 shot blocker in the league. #4 in the league in double-doubles. #12 in Efficiency.
And Bynum is....making noise of MAYBE playing in January - with a possiblity of missing the entire season now being suggested.

Just...wow.

:-? what?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#20 » by Kilroy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:16 pm

The problem isn't Dwight's play, as has been posted already, he's putting up solid, (not legendary but solid) numbers...

The problem is that he and Kobe aren't playing together... It's either/or for them right now. They haven't figured out how to compliment each other.

That's both of their faults... But IMHO, it's also on the coaching staff to guide that process.

I know that Nash and Gasol have the potential to buffer them and take some of the responsibility off their individual shoulders, but we still need Kobe and Howard to be fully invested in each other and this system.

They need to figure it out... And they clearly need help.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Soul Chef Fresh
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#21 » by Soul Chef Fresh » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:56 pm

Kilroy wrote:The problem isn't Dwight's play, as has been posted already, he's putting up solid, (not legendary but solid) numbers...

The problem is that he and Kobe aren't playing together... It's either/or for them right now. They haven't figured out how to compliment each other.

That's both of their faults... But IMHO, it's also on the coaching staff to guide that process.

I know that Nash and Gasol have the potential to buffer them and take some of the responsibility off their individual shoulders, but we still need Kobe and Howard to be fully invested in each other and this system.

They need to figure it out... And they clearly need help.

Part of it is due to Kobe. I see large stretches where Dwight is literally running back and forth without being given the ball.

We've seen games where all of Howards touches came from rebounds and putbacks (That Wizards game come fresh to mind).

He needs better looks, but at the same time, Howard needs to hold the ball up higher, he gets stripped a lot.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers