yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ

Moderators: Kilroy, crazyeights, Danny Darko, TyCobb, Slava

Post#1 bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:23 am by The Boot Room

WTF has pringles in his head when he is playing a 34 years old and 17 years in the league player for 44 minutes in a game that was over in the 15th minute and having to play today again.
The Boot Room
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#2 Re: bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:52 am by dub81

The Boot Room wrote:WTF has pringles in his head when he is playing a 34 years old and 17 years in the league player for 44 minutes in a game that was over in the 15th minute and having to play today again.

In his own words "I was trying to win the game"
dub81
Bench Warmer
And1: 18

Post#3 Re: bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:05 am by semi-sentient

Most NBA coaches seem to be clueless when it comes to limiting players minutes. The only one who seems to properly manage his players minutes is Popovich.

Phil, Brown, and now D'Antoni have all been guilty of running guys into the ground.

Having said that lottery teams don't have to concern themselves with saving players for the post-season. ;)
http://lytebox.com | OurThaiGuide.com
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 605

Post#4 Re: bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:22 am by The Boot Room

semi-sentient wrote:
Having said that lottery teams don't have to concern themselves with saving players for the post-season. ;)

still could have saved him for tonight game.
The Boot Room
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#5 Re: bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:51 am by crimsonkb24

Went to sleep after the First Half cause it was lost. Now seeing Kobe playing 44 Minutes makes me pretty mad. Another Coaching Change might be even worse, but wtf is wrong with D'Antoni
crimsonkb24
Senior
And1: 0

Post#6 Re: bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:32 am by Kilroy

I think at this point, it might make sense to 'rest' Kobe a game and let Meeks start for him. Play through Dwight all game and see how it goes. Just pound the ball inside for a game... And try to get Dwight into more of a rhythm.

I doubt we'd win, but it might help this team in the long run.
Just give me back the board, Lance. It was a good board, and I like it.
Kilroy

Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 2,050

Post#7 Re: bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:12 pm by IamBBAnalysis

I'm 38 and played in a recreational league last year and easily played the whole game without getting overly tired. While younger out of shape guys became useless in 1/2 the time. I would have been upset if taken out of the game.

Its about being in shape and not age. But its also how 'hard' the minutes are. Kobe right now is not exactly killing himself out there to be honest. But yeah if he played less minutes and was told to play "all out" it would be better for the team.

Being in shape is the least talked about thing in basketball that is is also so important. Guys in great shape play harder. Speed? Its nice but not essential. Being in shape? Very important. I don't think Artest, Kobe, or Dwight are in tip top shape.
IamBBAnalysis
Junior
And1: 27

Post#8 Re: bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:50 pm by LawlStudent

IamBBAnalysis wrote:I'm 38 and played in a recreational league last year and easily played the whole game without getting overly tired. While younger out of shape guys became useless in 1/2 the time. I would have been upset if taken out of the game.

Its about being in shape and not age. But its also how 'hard' the minutes are. Kobe right now is not exactly killing himself out there to be honest. But yeah if he played less minutes and was told to play "all out" it would be better for the team.

Being in shape is the least talked about thing in basketball that is is also so important. Guys in great shape play harder. Speed? Its nice but not essential. Being in shape? Very important. I don't think Artest, Kobe, or Dwight are in tip top shape.

Do you play 4-5 games a week at that level? Do you bang with guys who are 200+ lbs of raw muscle? I don't doubt your shape, good job, but playing in the NBA is a whole other level. The expectation and athleticism is insane. Plus, Kobe has been at that level since he was 18, i'm not sure if your knees/back/etc have had that much mileage.
LawlStudent
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#9 Re: bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:55 pm by AdonisDeMarion

IamBBAnalysis wrote:I'm 38 and played in a recreational league last year and easily played the whole game without getting overly tired. While younger out of shape guys became useless in 1/2 the time. I would have been upset if taken out of the game.

dude go sit down somewhere your a nobody
AdonisDeMarion
Rookie
And1: 55

Post#10 Re: bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:16 pm by Run-MKE 311

No doubt, expect to hear more about these back issues playing those type of minutes. Problem is nobody else has stepped up. Imagine what the scores would be looking like if Kobe was not putting up 30+.
Ball so hard.
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#11 Re: bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:21 pm by leeprettyp

Your kidding right? :-?
leeprettyp

Analyst
And1: 537

Post#12 Re: bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:29 pm by Speedlot

This is classic.
Speedlot

Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#13 Re: bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:57 pm by CelticsRise

Can't believe ppl are saying the game was lost in 1Q. Lakers were within 7 in last Q when about 6 minutes were remaining. Had they won this this would have been a big moral booster.
CelticsRise
Senior
And1: 9

Post#14 Re: bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:16 pm by Imadogg

AdonisDeMarion wrote:dude go sit down somewhere your a nobody

You're
leeprettyp wrote:Your kidding right? :-?

You're
Imadogg
Banned User
And1: 249

Post#15 Re: bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:10 pm by Speedlot

Imadogg wrote:

You're

You're

I'm a dog.

cuwutididthar? grandmapolice
Speedlot

Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#16 Re: bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:26 pm by ennui

AdonisDeMarion wrote:

dude go sit down somewhere your a nobody

:rofl:

On topic, we might actually see Kobe die on the court with the minutes he plays. CUT HIS F'N MINUTES!
ennui

General Manager
And1: 848

Post#17 Re: bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:23 pm by nohart

Can I nominate this for post of the year?
nohart
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#18 Re: bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:28 pm by EvilSperm

Imadogg wrote:

You're

You're

"You're".
EvilSperm
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Post#19 Re: bryant 44 min with game lost in the 2ndQ
Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:46 pm by Jakay

EvilSperm wrote:
Imadogg wrote:You're

"You're"

"You're".
Jakay